• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zag4Hire
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2007

ESPN Tournament Challenge Marathon

It is the trainwreck you imagine it is but I am so addicted to these meaningless pundit shows. Best part: Jay Williams and Seth Greenburg go to the screening room to help staff with their picks. They are going through each staff members picks and 'Greg' states he is from West Coast. Jay Williams starts saying 'West Coast bias' and Greenburg says 'You mean Gonzaga coast bias'. They ask him who he has winning it all, "Gonzaga..Go Zags or Go Home." Jay Will goes where did you go to school and Greg says, "Gonzaga". Jay W can't move on quick enough. So good. If you know this fine lad, send him some praise.
    IF YOU WANT A THING DONE WELL, DO IT YOURSELF. -NAPOLEON BONAPARTE
  • Zag4Hire
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2007

I am craving some real show here with all of these supposed analysts akin to the shows they have for NFL. Talk about GU's weaknesses, break down film, etc. Give me something. I got it---Arizona played Gonzaga sans Cartwright and Trier. Cool--Gonzaga didn't play anybody. Right--Zags lost to BYU although lone loss. What about how they actually play? What is their weakness? What styles set-up well against them and what do they thrive against? A few talking heads said, "The WCC doesn't prepare them for the tourney" and one responded, your guy Adrian Branch, "But look at their non-conference! They will play anybody, any time." He was dismissed possibly because it wasn't very articulate or thought out. I think at least the #1 seeds, break them down.

Comment

• gonzagafan62
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Zag4Hire View Post
      I am craving some real show here with all of these supposed analysts akin to the shows they have for NFL. Talk about GU's weaknesses, break down film, etc. Give me something. I got it---Arizona played Gonzaga sans Cartwright and Trier. Cool--Gonzaga didn't play anybody. Right--Zags lost to BYU although lone loss. What about how they actually play? What is their weakness? What styles set-up well against them and what do they thrive against? A few talking heads said, "The WCC doesn't prepare them for the tourney" and one responded, your guy Adrian Branch, "But look at their non-conference! They will play anybody, any time." He was dismissed possibly because it wasn't very articulate or thought out. I think at least the #1 seeds, break them down.
      They don't break any teams down anyway. It's really just a lot of blabber. All these guys say is who has size, who can play inside out, and who has length. They don't give the viewers anything really

But I must say.... I'm addicted too lol.
      Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• Reborn
        Zag for Life
        • Oct 2007

i FEEL sorry for anyone addicted to the garbage spewed out on that show. I tried watching it for 10 minutes and got so upset I almost threw up. I listened for ten minutes to these guys laugh and jeer at stupid statements about our Zags. I used to like March Madness and all the talk about the team. It's sooooo different this year. It's all about the Blue Bloods and their great stars. It's pretty sad when a group of analysts can muster up the courage to say something good about a great team like Gonzaga. I am really ashamed of ESPN. Talk about bull####. Do you think it was an accident that Mark Few's interview was cutoff after 30 seconds and NEVER CAME BACK ON. These guys had as much criticism and disdain for the Selection Committee and called them dumb, and not qualified to select the best basketball teams in America because they never played or coached. If you want to listen to that crap go ahead. I will only listen to Katz and Dickie V. Katz does a good show. I think it's in the morning. I'm not going to let ESPN ruin the tournament. I don't need ESPN. I love Gonzaga, and believe they have a great team. I can hardly wait to see them play.

Go Zags!!!
        Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• Zag4Hire
          Zag for Life
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
          Do you think it was an accident that Mark Few's interview was cutoff after 30 seconds and NEVER CAME BACK ON.
          Was that during this show? I have had it on since 8 (at least in the background at times) but don't recall.

Comment

• gonzagafan62
            Zag for Life
            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Zag4Hire View Post
            Was that during this show? I have had it on since 8 (at least in the background at times) but don't recall.
            Reborn is referring to the Bracketology show last night on ESPN
            Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• sittingon50
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
              i FEEL sorry for anyone addicted to the garbage spewed out on that show. I tried watching it for 10 minutes and got so upset I almost threw up. I listened for ten minutes to these guys laugh and jeer at stupid statements about our Zags. I used to like March Madness and all the talk about the team. It's sooooo different this year. It's all about the Blue Bloods and their great stars. It's pretty sad when a group of analysts can muster up the courage to say something good about a great team like Gonzaga. I am really ashamed of ESPN. Talk about bull####. Do you think it was an accident that Mark Few's interview was cutoff after 30 seconds and NEVER CAME BACK ON. These guys had as much criticism and disdain for the Selection Committee and called them dumb, and not qualified to select the best basketball teams in America because they never played or coached. If you want to listen to that crap go ahead. I will only listen to Katz and Dickie V. Katz does a good show. I think it's in the morning. I'm not going to let ESPN ruin the tournament. I don't need ESPN. I love Gonzaga, and believe they have a great team. I can hardly wait to see them play.

Go Zags!!!
              I was thinking the folks down in San Diego were somehow involved.
              But we don't play nobody.

Comment

Working...
              X