PDA

View Full Version : Any Zag Watch Parties in Maui?

gozags09
03-12-2017, 09:16 PM
I know...it's tough being stuck over here this week...but any known gathering spots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PNW Zagfan
03-12-2017, 09:47 PM
Glad to see your question as I will be on Maui as well. Absent an organized place to watch the game, I plan to go to Moose's (above Fred's Mexican Restaurant) in Kihei. Good bar lots of TVs, watched Zags there before, but not sure if they will have the sound on for the games. Gozags09, if you have another good option, post a reply or PM message me.

EvilUnderFoot
03-13-2017, 01:34 AM
Moose's is probably the best place for Thursday's game. Most of the other sports bars aren't open at 8am. If you guys are still around for Saturday's game, I'll gladly buy the first round (gotta work on Thurs).

PNW Zagfan
03-13-2017, 02:29 PM
Moose's is probably the best place for Thursday's game. Most of the other sports bars aren't open at 8am. If you guys are still around for Saturday's game, I'll gladly buy the first round (gotta work on Thurs).

So glad you posted. I had adjusted the start time for the three hour difference between Washington and Maui, but in my haste to get ready for my departure, I hadn't noticed the NCAA site listing game times were all EST. Would have been a horrible way to start my vacation by missing the first game. Instead, libations at 8:00 a.m., not a bad way to kick off the first day of my vacation.

I'll buy the second round on Saturday.

gozags09
03-13-2017, 04:57 PM
See you guys there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PNW Zagfan
03-14-2017, 10:36 PM
UPDATE: Got to Maui/Kihei today and stopped by Moose's. Turns out they don't open until 11:00 a.m. other than for Sunday morning football. However, Fred's, which is downstairs, opens early. Have eaten there, never watched spots there, so went in and checked it out. There are several TVs in the back, not as good of a set-up as Mooses, but it should work for Thursday's game.

DixieZag
03-15-2017, 03:14 AM

They have the best wings, by quite a bit.

SLC is a wonderful city. People make a lot of presumptions because "Utah" - it's just a great place. I loved my 2 years there.