PDA

View Full Version : Dan Dakich

zagsfanforlife
03-12-2017, 09:08 PM
Have these people just not watched Gonzaga or are we severely overrating our team?

Dakich just said that the Zags will have their hands full with Northwestern or Vanderbilt and that he views the Zags as "no better than Purdue". PURDUE!! The team that has Swanigan, another 7 footer who is kinda stiffy and not much else....

Been watching shows all day and i would say about 20% have Zags in final four, 78% have AZ, and 2% have Notre Dame.

gonzagafan62
03-12-2017, 09:38 PM
Steve Lappas
Steve Lavin
Dan Dakich

gonstu
03-12-2017, 10:18 PM
Have these people just not watched Gonzaga or are we severely overrating our team?

Dakich just said that the Zags will have their hands full with Northwestern or Vanderbilt and that he views the Zags as "no better than Purdue". PURDUE!! The team that has Swanigan, another 7 footer who is kinda stiffy and not much else....

Been watching shows all day and i would say about 20% have Zags in final four, 78% have AZ, and 2% have Notre Dame.

Dakich is a b-10 homer.

MJ777
03-12-2017, 10:23 PM
Dakich is a b-10 homer.

He picked Michigan to win it all because his kid is on the team. My nephew plays Lacrosse at UM, so I guess I should pick them too to reach the FF.

ConnZag3
03-13-2017, 06:38 AM
Dakich is just an awful commentator overall. He has no business being on ESPN just like he had no business being the coach at Indiana for the short time he was there before getting canned.

I wouldn't dismiss Swanigan as that guy is a beast, but Gonzaga has a great draw to make a run as long as they play loose and confident. The only matchup before the regional final that would concern me is if we draw WVU in the Sweet 16 as I can't imagine they've played against a constant press like Huggins throws at you and we all know ball security outside of NWG hasn't been their strong suit this season.

Goshzagit
03-13-2017, 06:41 AM
Dan Dakich acts like a tired old drunk at the bar who hates life, yet wants you to know his opinions on it.

willandi
03-13-2017, 06:44 AM
Dakich is a b-10 homer.

More like a BM homer! And it stinks!

willandi
03-13-2017, 06:48 AM
Dakich is just an awful commentator overall. He has no business being on ESPN just like he had no business being the coach at Indiana for the short time he was there before getting canned.

I wouldn't dismiss Swanigan as that guy is a beast, but Gonzaga has a great draw to make a run as long as they play loose and confident. The only matchup before the regional final that would concern me is if we draw WVU in the Sweet 16 as I can't imagine they've played against a constant press like Huggins throws at you and we all know ball security outside of NWG hasn't been their strong suit this season.

Fast, decisive passes, both back and forth and long beat the press, as well as make them loosen it up. Also quick movement towards the open floor can cause the defender to move. There are many ways to beat/loosen the press, and just maybe the refs call the fouls closer. If we meet WV in the SS there will be 4-5 days to prepare.

DixieZag
03-13-2017, 06:52 AM
He picked AZ and said they had the easiest path for no other reason than they had few power 5 teams in their bracket.

He actually said that. He compared it to other paths and noted some highly mediocre power 5 teams as presenting a "harder path" again, on the sole basis that they didn't have mid-major teams in the way.

Boy, I'd sure like to see SMC beat AZ

bartruff1
03-13-2017, 07:20 AM
I would agree with him on Arizona having the easiest path of the #2 seeds ....

Kong-Kool-Aid
03-13-2017, 08:01 AM
We overrate the team, they underrate the team... I guess we will see who is more right.

CDC84
03-13-2017, 08:11 AM
When Michigan State played at GU a few years ago, Dan said on radio prior to the game that some guy at the Spokane Airport gave him the middle finger while he was picking up his luggage.

That probably altered his view on all things Spokane.

There are an awful lot of disgruntled ex-coaches who are college basketball analysts on these various TV channels, aren't there? Not guys like Knight and Majerus....I am talking about guys who were fired. In some cases a couple of times.

Zaga
03-13-2017, 10:56 AM
Boy, I'd sure like to see SMC beat AZ

Ditto...However I would like to see our Zag's eliminate them and remove all prognosticator doubt. It's win or go home time....

stretch
03-13-2017, 11:39 AM
We overrate the team, they underrate the team... I guess we will see who is more right.

I agree with this. The proof will be in the pudding starting on Thursday for Zag fans. No sense getting too excited with perceived slights in the media.

hondo
03-13-2017, 12:39 PM
"When Michigan State played at GU a few years ago, Dan said on radio prior to the game that some guy at the Spokane Airport gave him the middle finger while he was picking up his luggage"

At the time I wondered if he saw that. Now I know and I'm glad he did.

sittingon50
03-13-2017, 12:44 PM
"When Michigan State played at GU a few years ago, Dan said on radio prior to the game that some guy at the Spokane Airport gave him the middle finger while he was picking up his luggage"

:lmao:

LongIslandZagFan
03-13-2017, 12:48 PM

:roll:

DixieZag
03-13-2017, 01:50 PM
I would agree with him on Arizona having the easiest path of the #2 seeds ....

I would, too. However, I would base it upon the teams themselves, he based it upon conferences only.

katman50
03-13-2017, 01:57 PM
Very easy cure and answer for all of the Zags naysayers. Go out and win and win big! Starting with their first game in the tourney. Pedal to the metal. Don't let up, the whole damn game!

zagsfanforlife
03-13-2017, 07:00 PM
Andy Katz and one of the other dudes in his 4 person panel picked a final of UCLA/Gonzaga.. both had the ZAGS WINNING IT ALL. Lets goooooo

zagsfanforlife
03-13-2017, 09:32 PM
Joe Lunardi picking zags to win it all.

Dan Dakich just said that Saint Marys is the "most overrated team in the history of the tournament"

sittingon50
03-13-2017, 09:55 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2015/1/21/7870113/iowa-coach-fran-mccaffery-on-dan-dakich-if-he-was-a-coach-hed-be

CDC84
04-05-2017, 02:26 PM
I found out some stuff about this guy, and its bad news. He's a real jerk, one of the most hated figures within college basketball by all who have to deal with him. Like Tom Izzo:

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/news/tom-izzo-rips-espns-dan-dakich-for-michigan-state-comments/9dv7oavbnoh21n0qplxncxzri

During Ohio State free throws, Spartans fans chanted, "We hate Dakich!" instead of trying to distract Buckeyes shooters. "I was kind of getting upset at the chants of ‘Dakich.’ Until I got into the locker room and somebody read me his tweets," Izzo told reporters after the 74-66 win. "If I would have known that before the game, I would have embarrassed myself almost as much as he embarrassed himself. And I would have led the chants.

“Calling us whiners and that is kind of unprofessional. But saying our students couldn’t get in there? And he’s doing games for Michigan when his son’s there? That is a disappointment and that is ridiculous.

“Danny owes our fans and our students an apology.”