PDA

View Full Version : Final Kenpom.com stats going into March Madness

CDC84
03-12-2017, 08:26 PM
Gonzaga

Kenpom.com rank = #1
Adjusted offensive efficiency = #10
Adjusted defensive efficiency = #2

Zags are the only team entering the dance with a top 10 offense and defense.

Did any of the bracketology shows today mention where GU stands in the Pomeroy ratings?? It seems like Pomeroy ratings were thrown all around during the bracketology shows last season, but this season, did they magically vanish because of who is at #1?

It amazes me how little various people in the media have not acknowledged how well Gonzaga has done all year at kenpom, particularly with the defense.

FuManShoes
03-12-2017, 08:55 PM
For what it's worth, South Dakota St. has a decent Pomeroy offensive ranking (#62), which puts them ahead of 12 other dancing teams including Miami and Michigan St. However they're dead last in the field in defensive efficiency (#307).

sittingon50
03-12-2017, 10:29 PM
[QUOTE=CDC84;1298731]Gonzaga

Kenpom.com rank = #1
Adjusted offensive efficiency = #10
Adjusted defensive efficiency = #2

Did any of the bracketology shows today mention where GU stands in the Pomeroy ratings??

Bilas did, & made a bit of a point that the Zags were the only one in the top 10 on both O & D.

CDC84
03-12-2017, 10:51 PM
He's been pretty consistent about doing that all year....both in radio and TV interviews. Thumbs up for him.

Malastein
03-13-2017, 03:55 AM
He's been pretty consistent about doing that all year....both in radio and TV interviews. Thumbs up for him.

I like Bilas for the most part. He'll air on the side of Duke at times, but his opinions are usually solid. I like Gottlieb a lot more than most as well, but he isn't easy either for a lot of people.