PDA

View Full Version : Another CBS screwup.

jazzdelmar
03-12-2017, 06:05 PM
New York Times

However, CBSís producers may have been unable to spare themselves from some inadvertent foreshadowing. In the opening shot of the studio, before a single team was named, banners of various teams could be seen lining the set above the announcersí desk. The four banners at the center of the tableau belonged to Villanova, Gonzaga, Kansas and U.N.C. ó the four No. 1s.

Martin Centre Mad Man
03-12-2017, 06:11 PM
New York Times

However, CBS’s producers may have been unable to spare themselves from some inadvertent foreshadowing. In the opening shot of the studio, before a single team was named, banners of various teams could be seen lining the set above the announcers’ desk. The four banners at the center of the tableau belonged to Villanova, Gonzaga, Kansas and U.N.C. — the four No. 1s.

How many noticed that?

Zagceo
03-12-2017, 06:13 PM
How many noticed that?

Guys on sports radio in LA market noticed and commented on it.

jazzdelmar
03-12-2017, 06:15 PM
More from The NYT.

This year’s selection show on CBS, which broadcasts the tournament along with Turner stations, went off without a hitch, at least compared with last year’s, during which an anonymous leaker posted the full bracket on Twitter after only half had formally been unveiled.

However, CBS’s producers may have been unable to spare themselves from some inadvertent foreshadowing. In the opening shot of the studio, before a single team was named, banners of various teams could be seen lining the set above the announcers’ desk. The four banners at the center of the tableau belonged to Villanova, Gonzaga, Kansas and U.N.C. — the four No. 1s.

former1dog
03-12-2017, 06:20 PM
How many noticed that?

I noticed that right away.

ZagMan in Philly
03-12-2017, 06:24 PM
We saw that..it was left to right, GU, Villlanova, Kansas, UNC, could it be accidental by chance?

adoptedzag
03-12-2017, 06:24 PM
I noticed that right away.

I made a comment to my wife about that and then immediately saw someone post on twitter about it.

CaliZag07
03-12-2017, 06:26 PM
Villanova, Kansas, UNC, and Gonzaga were also the projected #1 seeds before the selection show by many. I vote coincidence.

Radbooks
03-12-2017, 06:26 PM
Those four teams had been listed as the most likely #1 seeds for a week or more so it's not surprising they would have them up. I noticed it but didn't think much about it.

Zagceo
03-12-2017, 06:33 PM
Channel 223 on DIRECTV CBSSN .......Panel including Wally Z are just all Zag haters

CDC84
03-12-2017, 07:00 PM
Lappas is a moron. Cannot stand him. Sounds like he's drooling when he's speaking. A team with 8 losses that finished 4th in its league (??) deserves a one over Gonzaga?? Like Lavin, he also said a few weeks ago that last year's GU team was better than this one.

ZagaZags
03-12-2017, 07:45 PM
CBS had at least 16 banners up around the studio going left to right. GU, Villanova, Kansas and North Carolina happened to be right behind them.

New York Times making something out of nothing again.

BearDownZags
03-12-2017, 07:54 PM
Those banners were up yesterday too (before the seeds were picked). Been up all season, but moved around. I assume based on rank.