PDA

View Full Version : Day and time?

jazzdelmar
03-12-2017, 03:25 PM
Day and time?

caduceus
03-12-2017, 03:27 PM
It's about 4:27 on a Sunday. You OK Jazz?

:D

gonzagafan62
03-12-2017, 03:29 PM
Know for sure it's Thursday.

jpn17
03-12-2017, 03:29 PM

lol

Zags play on Thursday, no time announced yet AFAIK

Bogozags
03-12-2017, 03:30 PM

:lmao:

uZiGiZaG
03-12-2017, 03:32 PM
Thursday

Times won't be announced for another hour or so

ezcure17
03-12-2017, 03:35 PM
Lol best laugh i've had all day! Sorry Jazz, its all great We r a # 1 seed, AGAIN, & no wichita st in SLC. Go Zags!!

jazzdelmar
03-12-2017, 03:45 PM
It's all good. I was far too subtle for you guys.

sittingon50
03-12-2017, 03:56 PM

:lmao:

Jazz; you were supposed to Spring AHEAD last night!

RenoZag
03-12-2017, 04:23 PM
Here's a link to the NCAA web site page that will have the TV schedule eventually. . .

I suspect it will get updated in three or four hours. Sorry I can't do better than this:

http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2017-03-12/march-madness-2017-times-tv-schedule-live-streams-ncaa

Radbooks
03-12-2017, 04:40 PM
Per some Twitter links (Luke Winn (https://twitter.com/lukewinn)) it appears we're playing at 11:00 our time. :( Ugh

zagirl2k
03-12-2017, 04:42 PM
Just saw it on twitter as 11:00 as well.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6wkEDtWcAEN5ZJ.jpg

RenoZag
03-12-2017, 04:48 PM
Thanks, Radbooks. Guess I will have to settle for DVR and watching the game after work. Bummer.

TBS. Andrew Catalon, Steve Lappas, Jamie Erdahl. . .

caduceus
03-12-2017, 04:51 PM
Thanks, Radbooks. Guess I will have to settle for DVR and watching the game after work. Bummer.

TBS. Andrew Catalon, Steve Lappas, Jamie Erdahl. . .

Uuuughhhh! Lappas. Said we didn't deserve a 1-seed right before the selection, because 3 of our top-50 wins were SMC. He's insufferable.

75Zag
03-12-2017, 05:03 PM
[QUOTE=RenoZag;1298627]Thanks, Radbooks. Guess I will have to settle for DVR and watching the game after work. Bummer.

I have good connections and can get you a doctor's note explaining your short term Anthrax-related illness.

See you in SLC - Go Bulldogs!

caduceus
03-12-2017, 05:12 PM
Official times are up: http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2017-03-12/march-madness-2017-times-tv-schedule-live-streams-ncaa

gueastcoast
03-12-2017, 05:28 PM
Was it Lappas who spent 80+% of the telecast extolling Seton Hall last year? Am I recalling that correctly? Because if so that was ###hattery of Waltonian proportions.

willandi
03-12-2017, 06:59 PM
Just saw it on twitter as 11:00 as well.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6wkEDtWcAEN5ZJ.jpg

Guess I'll have to set the DVR and watch it on Monday. I'll be driving to Seattle. Maybe I can catch some on the radio.

CDC84
03-12-2017, 08:36 PM
For those who have to work it sucks, but it's for the best that GU got a day game, because I can almost guarantee you that if Northwestern wins, the 9am PT Saturday game on CBS that goes to the nation will be Northwestern vs. Gonzaga. The NW story is a dream come true for CBS. The possibility of them upsetting Gonzaga and then getting all the BCS snobs whipped up in a frenzy is just what they want for ratings.

In essence, the Zags need to win and get off the court as quickly as possible. There is a 50%+ chance there will be a super quick turnaround. I like that the coaches get to scout their next opponent right after the game.

BTW - I feel bad for deathchina. This has to be the worst. A Northwestern grad and a Zag at the same time.

BBzag
03-12-2017, 09:24 PM
For those who have to work it sucks, but it's for the best that GU got a day game, because I can almost guarantee you that if Northwestern wins, the 9am PT Saturday game on CBS that goes to the nation will be Northwestern vs. Gonzaga.

The 11:30 a.m. PT game Saturday on CBS also is alone in its time slot, wouldn't it make more sense to tip at 12:30 p.m. Salt Lake time than 10 a.m.?

72Prep
03-12-2017, 09:35 PM
Day and time?

Anyone. Anytime. Anywhere.

Go Zags!

CDC84
03-12-2017, 11:00 PM
The 11:30 a.m. PT game Saturday on CBS also is alone in its time slot, wouldn't it make more sense to tip at 12:30 p.m. Salt Lake time than 10 a.m.?

In 2005 Gonzaga and Texas Tech were given a 9am PT tip in Tucson to the nation, regardless of what made sense. There is a 9am (or 9:07am, whatever it is) game that CBS televises that goes to the whole nation. No other games take place until that game finishes.

What makes sense is to not start any west region games until Saturday at noon PT. But the buck comes first.

Zags11
03-12-2017, 11:11 PM
In 2005 Gonzaga and Texas Tech were given a 9am PT tip in Tucson to the nation, regardless of what made sense. There is a 9am (or 9:07am, whatever it is) game that CBS televises that goes to the whole nation. No other games take place until that game finishes.

What makes sense is to not start any west region games until Saturday at noon PT. But the buck comes first.

Agree. But where does it show second round game times? And you think this if NW beats vandy right!

BBzag
03-12-2017, 11:18 PM
In 2005 Gonzaga and Texas Tech were given a 9am PT tip in Tucson to the nation, regardless of what made sense. There is a 9am (or 9:07am, whatever it is) game that CBS televises that goes to the whole nation. No other games take place until that game finishes. What makes sense is to not start any west region games until Saturday at noon PT. But the buck comes first.

Ah, didn't realize they ever tipped before noon local time. Was just thinking that since no other games start until after the 11:30 a.m. PT game finishes on Saturday, either, that they might wait until then for the West, but maybe noon ET is a more lucrative slot.

MileHigh
03-13-2017, 03:43 AM
For those who have to work it sucks, but it's for the best that GU got a day game, because I can almost guarantee you that if Northwestern wins, the 9am PT Saturday game on CBS that goes to the nation will be Northwestern vs. Gonzaga. The NW story is a dream come true for CBS. The possibility of them upsetting Gonzaga and then getting all the BCS snobs whipped up in a frenzy is just what they want for ratings.

They wont play an early game Saturday in SLC. If last years scheduling is any indication, they will use the Mountain time zone (SLC)to fill the 730pm and 930pm eastern time slots. Thats what they did last year in Denver. They used the Spokane regional to fill the 830pm and 1030pm eastern time slots.

Same set up this year with one sub regional in MDT and another in PDT, all the other games are in Central and Eastern time zones. They will use one of those eastern or central games to fill the morning slot on Sat

gonstu
03-13-2017, 04:47 AM
They wont play an early game Saturday in SLC. If last years scheduling is any indication, they will use the Mountain time zone (SLC)to fill the 730pm and 930pm eastern time slots. Thats what they did last year in Denver. They used the Spokane regional to fill the 830pm and 1030pm eastern time slots.

Same set up this year with one sub regional in MDT and another in PDT, all the other games are in Central and Eastern time zones. They will use one of those eastern or central games to fill the morning slot on Sat

Kentucky vs Wichita St.

Zaga
03-13-2017, 04:59 AM
I wonder if Walton paid to get the call on any "conference of champion" games

Birddog
03-13-2017, 05:29 AM
I wonder if Walton paid to get the call on any "conference of champion" games

I don't believe Walton is on the roster. The good news is that we get Lappas for our game vs SDSU.
http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2017-03-12/cbs-sports-and-turner-sports-exclusive-coverage-2017-ncaar

2:00 p.m.
TBS
Salt Lake City I
Gonzaga vs. S. Dakota State
Andrew Catalon / Steve Lappas // Jamie Erdahl

Zaga
03-13-2017, 06:00 AM
Time to focus on all things Gonzaga. To's, Ft's, overall team ball. Would like to see Rui get some minutes. We will need our deep bench this year to get to a FF.

jazzdelmar
03-13-2017, 06:05 AM
Time to focus on all things Gonzaga. To's, Ft's, overall team ball. Would like to see Rui get some minutes. We will need our deep bench this year to get to a FF.

FTs by JW and Karno are a concern, especially in a tight game....

Goshzagit
03-13-2017, 06:24 AM

True.

Didn't really notice in OOC play as JW didn't shoot many FT's.

This weakness reared its ugly head vs BYU as JW & Karno combined to miss 8 FT's -- doesn't sound like a lot, yet we lost by 8, so...

I'm more concerned with JW in crunch time, as Karno has shown to hit a clutch FT or two in his day.

When both your big men are 59% FT shooters, this is a problem. In close games, we must sub for at least one of Tillie/Collins to prevent opponent from fouling these two.

Also, BYU took their chances and decided to foul Karno instead of allowing him to shoot -- he shoots 60% FG, & 59% FT, so vs smaller team, they do the same. Seemed to work and through PK off his game as well.

I would say a glaring hole is missing FT's in tight games. They missed 14 FT's vs BYU. We were atrocious late in the game vs ISU. And missed some clutch ones down the stretch vs Zona.

J3 has a FT shooting form that begs him to miss, no arc, delayed, flick of the wrist is a total gamble of a shot.

rennis
03-13-2017, 06:28 AM

Here is to hoping you are correct. I love the prime time games.

former1dog
03-13-2017, 06:30 AM
Here is to hoping you are correct. I love the prime time games.

In shopping for tickets, one outlet indicated the Saturday session in SLC started at 6 pm local time.

Zaga
03-13-2017, 07:22 AM

Surprised that "Berry Underhand" is not more accepted among big men in CBB.

75Zag
03-13-2017, 07:31 AM
Never mind.