Who scares you more?

gu03alum
03-12-2017, 03:10 PM
Who scares you more?

Neither

Go Zags!

CDC84
03-12-2017, 03:11 PM
Northwestern....but Gonzaga has ZERO business losing to either team. Vandy is way overseeded.

gonzagafan62
03-12-2017, 03:11 PM
Neither at all.

MJ777
03-12-2017, 03:12 PM
Neither

Go Zags!

The Zags playing a mediocre game against an 8 or 9 seed scares me. Step on the gas guys.

seacatfan
03-12-2017, 03:13 PM
Take away their 3 wins against Florida and Vandy is 16-15. Mediocrity personified.

Northwestern...they had a nice season. I wonder if they might be a bit wide eyed just GETTING to the Tourney, for the first time in their program history. It's all so new to them, don't really expect much of a run from them.

gu03alum
03-12-2017, 03:13 PM
The Zags playing a mediocre game against an 8 or 9 seed scares me. Step on the gas guys.

that doesn't have anything to do with the opponent. The only thing that scares me is Gonzaga playing poorly.

seacatfan
03-12-2017, 03:14 PM
Put it this way--I don't think this Northwestern team is nearly as good as the Iowa team GU dispatched fairly easily 2 years ago in the 2nd round, and this Zag team is probably better than that Zag team. FWIW.

strikenowhere
03-12-2017, 03:20 PM
Take away their 3 wins against Florida and Vandy is 16-15. Mediocrity personified.

Northwestern...they had a nice season. I wonder if they might be a bit wide eyed just GETTING to the Tourney, for the first time in their program history. It's all so new to them, don't really expect much of a run from them.

I can just see the stupid Northwestern upset headlines now, not to mention it seems that half of ESPN are from Northwestern (Mike Greenberg, Mike Wilbon, J.A. Adande, Kevin Blackistone, etc.)

uZiGiZaG
03-12-2017, 03:27 PM
Vandy is the scariest team we might face

They have a 7 fter who can do it all

But..

How in the world does Vandy get a SINGLE DIGIT seed as a #9 seed with a 19-15 record ???

That's insane to me

But I'm telling you right now .. Vandy is a team we would have problems against

Goshzagit
03-12-2017, 03:40 PM
Vandy is scarier…in my opinion.

Overseeded or not.

They may not beat NW, but watched Vandy the last 10 days and they play TOUGH. With intensity. With focus. And have some size to boot.

NW is the Big10 cinderella…the Big 10 is weak this year.

NW is more fundamentally sound, probably better coached, but Vandy is one tough team. They never give up, always in it, and fight.

NW has some skill, size, and little athleticism mixed in, pretty balanced.

I'd rather play NW than Vandy based on match-ups.

TexasZagFan
03-12-2017, 03:45 PM
Vandy relies on the 3, just like SMC. I'm not worried at all. AFAIK, none of them have played at SLC's altitude.

Kong-Kool-Aid
03-12-2017, 03:46 PM
Northwestern will have far more fan support... they will be the adopted team in SLC.

MDABE80
03-12-2017, 03:49 PM
Pile up points till the end. No fear. When we hit the Swt 16, I'd rather have ND or whoever think we are 50 ft tall. Look the part.
Absolutely necessary.

MJ777
03-12-2017, 03:49 PM
I can just see the stupid Northwestern upset headlines now, not to mention it seems that half of ESPN are from Northwestern (Mike Greenberg, Mike Wilbon, J.A. Adande, Kevin Blackistone, etc.)

and the other half are from Duke and the other half are from Syracuse................:confused:

seacatfan
03-12-2017, 03:51 PM
Vandy lost by TWENTY on the road to a horrible Missouri team. 15 freaking losses on the season. Looked at their schedule. Beat a few good teams. Lost to several other Tourney teams. Had some bad losses. No way Zags should lose to Vandy if they meet.

sittingon50
03-12-2017, 04:04 PM
Vandy lost by TWENTY on the road to a horrible Missouri team. 15 freaking losses on the season. Looked at their schedule. Beat a few good teams. Lost to several other Tourney teams. Had some bad losses. No way Zags should lose to Vandy if they meet.

But they beat Florida 3 times.

Zags lost to a Wichita St. team that shot 3's poorly all yr. but made em' that day.

Zags shoot a better % but tried 631 3's. Vandy shot 895. And they've got a skilled big guy.

That being said, altitude helps & the crowd would be more pro GU vs Vandy.

DixieZag
03-12-2017, 04:10 PM

Owing to NW having one of the two best journalism schools in the country (print), they and Columbia. They are going to be insufferable.

CDC84
03-12-2017, 09:20 PM

And they deserved to get in over Illinois State?? A team with a 81.1% winning percentage, which indicates dominance. Teams with an above 80% winning percentage historically do very well in the NCAA tourney.

Of course Wichita got a 10th seed despite being #8 at kenpom.com. No love for the MVC.

jpn17
03-12-2017, 09:36 PM
Neither, Gonzaga generally fares very well in the NCAA tournament against middling power 5 conference teams. It's the upstart mid majors and elite power 5's that typically knock Gonzaga out.