PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Pass Time on Selection Sunday?

DixieZag
03-11-2017, 08:37 PM
I find the time goes by as slowly as any day of the year.

gonzagafan62
03-11-2017, 08:38 PM
It does, here's what I do.... Clean house. Work hard. Only way it goes faster. Try to accomplish something.

willandi
03-11-2017, 08:57 PM
It's my day off. That and Monday! We are doing a show in Seattle next weekend, so I'll be working both days, trying to get as much done as possible...and more.

I'll try to take the time to tune in the selection show, but just might be knee deep in something and forget it! LOL.

Zags a 1 seed in the west. Who is the 2, who do the face and on which day? I hope they play Thursday evening so I can watch the game. I'll be vending all day Fri, Sat and Sunday. I do hope to watch a few, and probably set the DVR so I can watch when I get home Monday...or delete as the mood strikes me!

DixieZag
03-11-2017, 09:02 PM
I know the one thing that would make it longer.

Have someone say "Conference of Champions" every other minute.

gonzagafan62
03-11-2017, 09:16 PM

Yup.

No championships in basketball since she? Lol

MBZags
03-11-2017, 09:30 PM

That was excruciating.

seacatfan
03-11-2017, 09:31 PM
Yup.

No championships in basketball since she? Lol

You do know the name is mostly because they have a boatload of Championships in all the Olympic/non-revenue sports, right? They do have the most combined National Championships by a humongous margin. The name is fitting if you aren't focused on football and basketball only.

ZagaZags
03-11-2017, 09:34 PM
How do I pass time on Selection Sunday?

I will set the clock forward 1 hour. It will get here quicker.

RenoZag
03-11-2017, 10:07 PM
Nice breakfast. Laundry. Watch the last of the conference tourney championships. Catch up on unread newspapers.

Read the MBB. . . .pray for the soul of Dave Pasch. . .

Malastein
03-11-2017, 10:15 PM
Sleeping in, and then eating and waiting for the notification that selection Sunday is full blown going. Seems like this year we will know whether the Zags are a 1 or 2 earlier than not. If lower, then we'll complain earlier about it. Hoping this year our overall momentum carries us into the promised land!!!

DirtyDredZag
03-11-2017, 10:36 PM
Going rafting down hangman creek. Only get to do it a few days a year. Have to record it

GonzagasaurusFlex
03-12-2017, 04:35 AM
Doing lots of house cleaning and yard work...build up as much credit in the 'doing my share of household duties' department as possible so I can sit on my ass and watch college hoops the next two weekends. Similar work strategy, go early and stay late Mon thru Weds to get a lot done, leave early Thurs and Friday to watch tourney

Zagger
03-12-2017, 04:41 AM
Going rafting down hangman creek. Only get to do it a few days a year. Have to record it

Sweet! I'm out north along the Little Spokane. It's well over its banks. Play safe on Hangman!
I have a date with garage cleaning today to pass the time. If I get ahead of things I just might take your cue and get the kayak out. Looks like this will be the driest day for a stretch. Streams should even get higher through the week.

tyra
03-12-2017, 05:08 AM
I do my taxes. That way, no matter what the committeee does, the show is still the best part of my day!!!

MontanaCoyote
03-12-2017, 05:43 AM
Doing lots of house cleaning and yard work...build up as much credit in the 'doing my share of household duties' department as possible so I can sit on my ass and watch college hoops the next two weekends. Similar work strategy, go early and stay late Mon thru Weds to get a lot done, leave early Thurs and Friday to watch tourney

Hard to build up enough credit around here! Although my wife of 53 years has had MS for 38 of them and is confined to a wheel chair ............ and that I do everything (except cook) she used to do that I took for granted.......she's also blond, Irish, Catholic, with maiden name of Peggy O'Neil. You know what I'm saying?!

Still, she's been uncharacteristily nice to me about Zag BBall this year. I'll cook breakfast this morning. That'll pass me some time and just maybe earn me a little credit and slack for the Zag's next 6 games. Better pray for me, though!

ZagMan in Philly
03-12-2017, 06:04 AM
Where is Spring? Will spend time today to prepare for potential 2 feet of snow yikes...get the snow blower ready, grocery shopping, make lots of food, and bunker down for
selection sunday.

Coach Crazy
03-12-2017, 06:17 AM
Work and Church. Thankfully, I'll be home from all of that around 415 or 430. So, right as he brackets are staring to be unveiled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bartruff1
03-12-2017, 06:18 AM
I seldom watch any award show, the brackets will be out soon enough...I am going skiing...

DixieZag
03-12-2017, 06:42 AM

Way cool. Be safe, that has to be some pretty cold water. Stay out of it.

In the last few years, I've been less interested in our seed (though last year shocked me as so low), way more interested in finally learning our path. Then reading people's breakdown of the match-ups

amaronizag
03-12-2017, 07:07 AM
Coach Crazy--the bracket announcement starts at 2:30. However, the talking heads will be discussing the selections the rest of the day and night. When you get home you can just download a bracket, and decide if you want to listen to the hype and complaining before filling it out. Enjoy!!

RenoZag
03-12-2017, 07:07 AM
I do my taxes. That way, no matter what the committeee does, the show is still the best part of my day!!!

I think you win, tyra. . .

GoZags
03-12-2017, 08:12 AM

Awesome .... I'm working on my taxes, too .....

LongIslandZagFan
03-12-2017, 08:26 AM
It's Sunday... so grocery shopping. More of a necessity today since we are supposed to get 1 foot or more of snow on Tuesday.

bballbeachbum
03-12-2017, 08:26 AM

:lmao: great idea, think I'll work on ours over here too.......

Reborn
03-12-2017, 09:35 AM
How do I pass time on Selection Sunday?

I will set the clock forward 1 hour. It will get here quicker.

I forgot to set my clock ahead until I read your post. The last hour was the fastest hour of my life. Love it. I'm glad I forgot because it's already closer.

My TV is already on CBS and will stay there until it's all over. I'm anxious to hear what CBS analysts think. I already know all about how ESPN analysts think. I'm pretty excited to see the Big 10 Championship game. I've enjoyed watching Michigan play. What a great story about their journey to today, starting with the plane crash. Amazing. I too have house cleaning to do and laundry too, but my focus is on analysis of Selection Sunday. I enjoyed watching Iowa State in their conference tournament so I'm thinking I might watch our game with them. They had an awesome tournament. Wishing you all a Happy Sunday. Way too cold for me to go river rafting, but it is one of my favorite things to do in the summer.

Go Zags!!!

jazzdelmar
03-12-2017, 09:36 AM
Reflecting on all the fixes in tourneys past. Two are top of mind. The Zags were ranked in top 5 and got a 6 seed. Still can see the look on Few's face. The second, the most scandalous fix in a game, was Princeton getting absolutely robbed as a 16 vs 1 media darling Georgetown, as Alonzo fouls the Tiger kid on that final shot. A few years later Princeton beat UCLA, a great win but not what GT would have been. A lot forget years later Princeton lost to Kentucky on a last 2d shot by Brandin Knight. Don't recall what seeds where on those games, but pretty disparate.

DixieZag
03-12-2017, 10:01 AM
Reflecting on all the fixes in tourneys past. Two are top of mind. The Zags were ranked in top 5 and got a 6 seed. Still can see the look on Few's face. The second, the most scandalous fix in a game, was Princeton getting absolutely robbed as a 16 vs 1 media darling Georgetown, as Alonzo fouls the Tiger kid on that final shot. A few years later Princeton beat UCLA, a great win but not what GT would have been. A lot forget years later Princeton lost to Kentucky on a last 2d shot by Brandin Knight. Don't recall what seeds where on those games, but pretty disparate.

I was very young for the Georgetown - Princeton game, but I remember cheering for Princeton and the white knuckle excitement. Loving that Princeton offense and all those beautiful backdoor cuts for lay-ups. And, the terrible let down as they got hosed at the end. Great memory.

And, yes, Few looked like he'd just seen a ghost when put as a 6 seed. That was way back in the days when we were clearly "just a lucky mid-major feasting on terrible teams and having a gaudy record." Few was literally speechless.

jazzdelmar
03-12-2017, 10:07 AM
Another diversion, developing questions whichever CBS lackey could ask the chairman dildo of the NCAA committee. Such as, how soon do you think the field will consist of only the winners of non power conferences and as many .500 blueblood teams you can squeeze into the 68?

bballbeachbum
03-12-2017, 10:08 AM
I guess you think a lot about Dook today then jazz ;)

these things literally happen every year. here's one from recent past https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jTjb5ZxcXA&feature=youtu.be

and another http://streamable.com/zgb7

DixieZag
03-12-2017, 10:13 AM
Rhode Island v. VCU

I always kind of liked Rhode Island and I cannot name one reason why.

Jazz, is there a clear reason to not like Rhode Island? Maybe I liked them b/c they had to compete with Brown and Providence in the world's smallest state.

jazzdelmar
03-12-2017, 10:36 AM
Rhode Island v. VCU

I always kind of liked Rhode Island and I cannot name one reason why.

Jazz, is there a clear reason to not like Rhode Island? Maybe I liked them b/c they had to compete with Brown and Providence in the world's smallest state.

Murky past. Not a very good school. Jim Harrick. Lamar Odom. PC was Gonzaga 50 years before Gonzaga was Gonzaga. Dave Gavitt was an unbelievable coach.

jazzdelmar
03-12-2017, 10:40 AM
I guess you think a lot about Dook today then jazz ;)

these things literally happen every year. here's one from recent past https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jTjb5ZxcXA&feature=youtu.be

and another http://streamable.com/zgb7

The whole enterprise is hardly about meritocracy, which it desperately wants to be its public face. There are so many fixes on so many levels. But we go along with as the Woodman says, "because we need the eggs."

bballbeachbum
03-12-2017, 11:32 AM
The whole enterprise is hardly about meritocracy, which it desperately wants to be its public face. There are so many fixes on so many levels. But we go along with as the Woodman says, "because we need the eggs."

and to overcome it too, cinderella baby

gu03alum
03-12-2017, 12:40 PM
Watch basketball

adoptedzag
03-12-2017, 12:56 PM
Cleaning/folding laundry while watching basketball.

gonzagafan62
03-12-2017, 01:04 PM
Well my plan went to heck when my son was sick early this morning.

But time went by.... and now it's almost time!!!