PDA

View Full Version : CBS cuts "bloated" Selection Show to 90 minutes after last year's disaster

CDC84
03-08-2017, 08:39 AM
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/news/cbs-sports-sunday-selection-show-ncaa-march-madness-turner-sports-charles-barkley-david-levy-2-hours-90-minutes/kpuuuo59godeznx2ytkpgeau

The more important thing is this bit:

Some more good news: CBS promises to do a better job front-loading the brackets, followed by the inevitable discussion, debate and analysis. The network will be more "efficient" this year, said Harold Bryant, executive producer and senior vice president of production for CBS Sports.

But they aren't doing it "for the fans, players and coaches." They're doing it in an attempt to avoid the humiliation of the bracket being leaked again on twitter.

(BTW - I still find it intriguing that the identity of the leaker has never been revealed. It was probably handled "internally" if it was someone who worked for CBS or Turner).

strikenowhere
03-08-2017, 08:41 AM
Holy hell - I never thought I'd see CBS pass on making a buck by dropping another 20 minutes of commercials and 10 minutes of content.

CDC84
03-08-2017, 08:46 AM
Monmouth had to wait darn near 1 hour and 45 minutes until they found out that they weren't in the field last March. That was the number one complaint last year....the endless wait for the whole bracket to be revealed.

webspinnre
03-08-2017, 08:50 AM
It was truly awful last year. Get the bracket done in the first hour, then talk as much as you want.

Zags11
03-08-2017, 09:09 AM
Thank gosh

gonzagafan62
03-08-2017, 09:10 AM
It was truly awful last year. Get the bracket done in the first hour, then talk as much as you want.

Bracket should be fully revealed in first half hour like it was two years ago