PDA

View Full Version : He has the best floater of any Zag I have seen.

3zagda
03-07-2017, 06:39 PM
I have only been watching Zag basketball since 2002. NWG has the best "floater" I can remember.
Can you think of a Zag that used the "floater" as well? Any videos of nice floaters in the lane by other Zags? Or NWG?
I will say Ammo used the floater some, but with NWG its a thing of beauty. He has such a soft touch around the basket.
I do not think we have had a Zag guard that finished around the basket as well as NWG.

3zagda
03-07-2017, 06:43 PM
I posted that before the one at 5:22 left, that was sweet!

demian
03-07-2017, 06:50 PM
I have only been watching Zag basketball since 2002. NWG has the best "floater" I can remember.
Can you think of a Zag that used the "floater" as well? Any videos of nice floaters in the lane by other Zags? Or NWG?
I will say Ammo used the floater some, but with NWG its a thing of beauty. He has such a soft touch around the basket.
I do not think we have had a Zag guard that finished around the basket as well as NWG.

No arguments from me. He is great

hooter73
03-07-2017, 06:52 PM
And its simple too. Floaters. Even the spin moves are simple. He simply just plays better than everyone else. I love it.

dazags
03-07-2017, 07:01 PM
Santangelo was good with the floaters, but NWG has been pretty impressive.

DixieZag
03-07-2017, 07:03 PM
He's the best.

Morrison was awfully good, too

3zagda
03-07-2017, 07:08 PM
Killian also has a nice floater.
Silas as well.

Once and Future Zag
03-07-2017, 07:12 PM
Derek Raivio.

Underrated on the drive into the lane.

CDC84
03-07-2017, 11:17 PM
The thing about his floater is that he nails it even when absorbing some incredible contact. Again, why having a big. strong guard helps. Some of GU's previous guys simply didn't have the height and/or strength to hit the "and ones" that Nigel is able to hit.

MickMick
03-08-2017, 04:19 AM
The thing about his floater is that he nails it even when absorbing some incredible contact. Again, why having a big. strong guard helps. Some of GU's previous guys simply didn't have the height and/or strength to hit the "and ones" that Nigel is able to hit.

His free throw shooting percentage combined with his ability to finish with contact and get to the line, makes him a legit pro in my opinion.

LongIslandZagFan
03-08-2017, 04:26 AM
Wish Stepp's floater against Zona many years back had gone in.

jazzdelmar
03-08-2017, 04:45 AM
Wish Stepp's floater against Zona many years back had gone in.

Wasnt it more a bank shot?

3zagda
03-08-2017, 05:38 AM
I remember Stepp's as a bank shot.
With NWG it would have been a floater, and probably would have gone in, IMHO.

gonstu
03-08-2017, 08:38 AM
A floating bank shot

LongIslandZagFan
03-08-2017, 08:43 AM
Wasnt it more a bank shot?

Went back and watched it... Thank you interwebs... a bit of both... did up and under move jumped lept toward basket and banked it. Floater... yet not.

CDC84
03-08-2017, 08:52 AM
Can you imagine the pandemonium if Stepp would've hit that shot? Remember: Arizona was the #1 seed in the entire tournament. I know one college basketball analyst who feels that that game was the most important game in Gonzaga history. Even more than the S-16 win over Florida. It showed to the whole nation that Gonzaga was going to be college basketball power for years to come. That they weren't going away. It was Gonzaga's crowning as a "high major" program.

Zags11
03-08-2017, 09:10 AM
Stepp is one of my all time favorite zags. I just wish he was better in march.

Birddog
03-08-2017, 09:39 AM
Can you imagine the pandemonium if Stepp would've hit that shot? Remember: Arizona was the #1 seed in the entire tournament. I know one college basketball analyst who feels that that game was the most important game in Gonzaga history. Even more than the S-16 win over Florida. It showed to the whole nation that Gonzaga was going to be college basketball power for years to come. That they weren't going away. It was Gonzaga's crowning as a "high major" program.

I was alone in a nearby Sports bar watching and only one small screen (by my request) was devoted to the Zags/ Ariz game. The rest of the bar was watching either OU or OSU (I forget). The game of regional importance ended about 5 mins before Gonzaga's and they switched all the screens to GU/Ariz. The whole place started going bonkers for GU and cheering them on and giving me a boost. After the game ended, there was a looong pregnant pause, then everybody in the bar stood up and started clapping and slapping me on the back. Several said it was the best finish they had ever seen and they were sorry we lost. I'm sure many became closet Zag fans as a result. IIRC, Luke Walton was totally exhausted as were several of the players on both teams.

3zagda
03-18-2017, 01:50 PM
That floater just now, it is a thing of beauty.
I wish he would go to that more when his 3 is not dropping.

BayAreaZagFan
03-18-2017, 07:10 PM
I think Stepp had the best floater, the one that mattered most just came up a little short.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

jazzdelmar
03-18-2017, 07:15 PM
Must have been 8-10 pros on that Zona team. Tyson still playing.

ZagLawGrad
03-18-2017, 07:25 PM
That floater just now, it is a thing of beauty.
I wish he would go to that more when his 3 is not dropping.

Agreed. Draw a foul or dish if the floater isn't there.

CDC84
03-18-2017, 07:29 PM
That floater is being guarded better in the NCAA tourney. He's going to need to play like the true Nigel if GU is going to beat WVU.

3zagda
03-25-2017, 02:47 PM
Nigel has another beautiful floater tonight with 10:26 left in the first.
When his 3 is not falling, I think he should rely on the more consistent floater. But thats just me.

Goshzagit
03-25-2017, 03:15 PM
Nigel sure taking a lot of shots when others shooting better

3zagda
03-25-2017, 03:16 PM
Nigel with another for the final points of the half!
He does seem to be missing more fairly easy shots that he usually made this season.