PDA

View Full Version : It's Game Day ..Gonzaga vs Saint Mary's

Reborn
03-07-2017, 05:20 AM
and it's the best day of the week. I am not lamenting over last night's game or about anyone's shooting. I'M HAPPY AND EXCITED. We're playing St Mary's in the finals. How much better can it get. I really like the #'s 3 and 7. It's going to be a really good day for Zag Nation. Yesterday is gone and today is here. We will not see the kind of game that we saw yesterday. Every game is different. Dream BIG my brothers and sisters. I love this team. a lot. And I believe in this team, a lot. I don't have a hangover from the loss to BYU. I am dwelling in the excitement and adventure of tonight's game. I woke up at 4 a m, and couldn't get back to sleep because I was just too excited about tonight's game.

We have players who knows how to win. They've proven that to me. And like NWG said last night, the guys want this championship, and he said it with power and conviction. I can't wait to see what he does tonight. It's going to be special. Mathews is playing great right now, I CAN'T WAIT to see him land punishing blows to St Mary's defense. Perkins and Melson will also hit 3s tonight. I really like it when people criticize our guards when they have off nights because when they have great shooting nights the next day they'll all be soaring high with praise for those very same guards.

J Williams has been on fire against the Gaels this year. I Cant wait to see what he does tonight.

I feel we're going to see a team tonight who is ready for what lies ahead.

Go Zags!!!

Zagger
03-07-2017, 06:07 AM
Ditto Reborn :)
SMC is good but the Zags will be on fire ...... I'll add spiffy play by Melson, Collins and Tillie along with Williams to the mix that SMC just can't beat.
http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/beatsmc.png

bballbeachbum
03-07-2017, 07:22 AM
what is the defensive game plan tonight? Can the Zags force the dribble and tough two attempt and rebound it, or will the SMC screen/roll O cause the Zags to scramble and open up wide open looks from deep? how will the game be called by the stripes; Zags have the depth to attack Landale and put fouls on him but will they be whistled or not? can the Zag guards stay with the dribbler over the top of the screen, or be forced to double the dribbler and/or switch on the screen? They'll probably use all of those.
the biggest issue defensively to me is how to protect Karno in the screen/roll because if he switches onto the dribbler it's a mismatch. Few and co. have done various things to help him
Zags should see more open looks from 3 tonight so we'll see if they can make a good % or not

CdAZagFan
03-07-2017, 08:12 AM
the biggest issue defensively to me is how to protect Karno in the screen/roll because if he switches onto the dribbler it's a mismatch. Few and co. have done various things to help himt

I think we will see a rejuvenated GU team playing tonight (not sluggish like the last two games), but this point you bring up about Karno is one that worries me also. I don't remember seeing it that much earlier in the season, but now we're seeing Karno way out high isolated on a point guard a lot more often. SMC is a master at this and they may make him pay for it...

bartruff1
03-07-2017, 08:58 AM
Well, it is always more fun to win, but both teams are in and even if Gonzaga loses, they will be a 1 or a 2 seed in the West...

Zags favored by 5-7 points...

Reborn
03-07-2017, 09:25 AM
Whatever it is called, it's worked twice. Trust the coaches. They'll come up with a great plan. The Zags appear to switch on all screens which eventually leaves our bigs on their guards, and visa versa. So far it's been working well. In the two games that we played them, GU has contained their guards. Let's hope for the same thing tonight.

Zags11
03-07-2017, 09:45 AM
I believe in this squad. We are gonna come out and beat them. Let's go!!!!

Ezag
03-07-2017, 11:39 AM
I don't have a good feeling about this game.....Could be those tacos I had for lunch though

75Zag
03-07-2017, 11:49 AM
It will be a good but challenging game tonight and then on to the Tournament. I am hoping for GU to have a 1 seed in the West, but if Oregon blasts through the Pac 12 Tournament with wide winning margins, I will not be shocked to see the Ducks jump over the Bulldogs for #1 in the West. But who cares? I still have scars on my fingers from biting them during Selection Sunday in 1999 - we are who we are. We are not Kansas, we are not Kentucky, we are Gonzaga.

Go Bulldogs!

zagfan1
03-07-2017, 02:17 PM
It will be a good but challenging game tonight and then on to the Tournament. I am hoping for GU to have a 1 seed in the West, but if Oregon blasts through the Pac 12 Tournament with wide winning margins, I will not be shocked to see the Ducks jump over the Bulldogs for #1 in the West. But who cares? I still have scars on my fingers from biting them during Selection Sunday in 1999 - we are who we are. We are not Kansas, we are not Kentucky, we are Gonzaga.

Go Bulldogs!

Nice post!

Reborn
03-07-2017, 02:23 PM

Go Bulldogs!

NICE WAY OF SAYING IT. I also expect a tough game, and they are the kind I like best. I hope to see the kind of tough game that we'll probably see in the Sweet Sixteen.

Go Zags!!!

MontanaCoyote
03-07-2017, 02:28 PM
Well, it is always more fun to win, but both teams are in and even if Gonzaga loses, they will be a 1 or a 2 seed in the West...

Zags favored by 5-7 points...

Sure want a win, but you certainly remember last year at this time, right! Sweating even being invited to The Dance.
Still want to see a take no prisoners game from the Zag's tonight. That's important, win or lose.

Reborn
03-07-2017, 03:59 PM
Sure want a win, but you certainly remember last year at this time, right! Sweating even being invited to The Dance.
Still want to see a take no prisoners game from the Zag's tonight. That's important, win or lose.

YES! I remember it well. that was a long time ago. This is this year and this team some really really good players. WHAT i Don't get, MontanaCoyote, is that just a couple of weeks ago, people here were all talking Final Four talk. AND AFTER ONE LOSS, suddenly the Zags are just another ORDINARY TEAM, with lots of weaknesses. Whatever happened to that team who had a ton of talent in an a 8 player rotation where any of those 8 guys could score 20 points. I think we're going to see where they are tonight. I'm not saying it'll be a blow out, which some might like to see. Nor am I NOT SAYING THAT ST mary's isn't a really good team. They are. But if you remember last year, St Mary's was the talk of the tourney because they blew someone out in the Semi's. I remember how surprised Dick Vital was when the Zags won pretty easily.

Go Zags!!!