PDA

View Full Version : GU vs SMC: head to head

MDABE80
03-07-2017, 01:52 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/saint-marys-gaels-gonzaga-bulldogs-201703070233/

Although not shown in this display, Defense in terms of ppg favors SMC. They do play very good defense.
Outside of that , we are doing much better in every category save for 3 pt shooting where they do better by 1 percentage pt.

Odds not out yet but ESPN indicates we are about 5 pt favs. no over/under.
I hope what's been ailing our 2 guards clears up. Seeding as a 1 depends on us winning this game.
I'm suspecting the Bigs and Nigel will win this but Jordan could help a lot if he heats up. Key to this game is not offense. It's defense.

GonzagasaurusFlex
03-07-2017, 02:51 AM
Gaels firing on all cylinders as they gave BYU a free basketball clinic on how to spread the floor, execute a game plan and knock down shots.

Zags will need to play better than they have in the past three games to win WCC tourney and earn the #1 seed out West..hopefully; even if they win I wouldn't be shocked to see Pac12 tourney winner leapfrog Zags for the 1 seed. Unless Zags bow out SMC tonight!!!

Come on Silas and Josh, play fearless ball. ZagNation believes in you and we're rooting for you. Key to tonight's game: Zags defense being locked in and guards knocking down 3's.

2wiceright
03-07-2017, 10:46 AM
Come on Silas and Josh, play fearless ball. ZagNation believes in you and we're rooting for you. Key to tonight's game: Zags defense being locked in and guards knocking down 3's.

If Josh is having self doubt it's now secondary to his bad ankle... He mentioned after the game that his marginal play had to do with playing on a very sprained ankle. We need his 3 point shooting if we are going to hang with SMC... Silas I think will do fine and when his shot is off he finds other ways to impact the game (besides defense)... A bit OT but I can't believe the "no call" on Silas after he got both blocked and body slammed- sending him 5 feet backwards in the air and we're darn lucky he wasn't hurt!
I sure hope the refs come up with a miracle and call a decent game tonight! Go ZAGS! This is what they've been playing for- a championship tonight!!!!:drool:

Bogozags
03-07-2017, 04:07 PM
One thing I wanted to add...I was really impressed with JWIII's defence...also Title...both were able to guard "guards" last evening...

MDABE80
03-07-2017, 04:49 PM
Don't forget Jones. Great defender!