PDA

View Full Version : GU vs St. Mary's (WCC championship edition) - Predictions/What you hope to see

thespywhozaggedme
03-06-2017, 08:49 PM
Can we beat them three games to none the season? My heart says yes but my head says no. Sadly, I think we lose this one. I hope that I am wrong.

88-79 Gaels

Zags11
03-06-2017, 08:57 PM
Can we beat them three games to none the season? My heart says yes but my head says no. Sadly, I think we lose this one. I hope that I am wrong.

88-79 Gaels

Zags 81
Gaels 69

Goss 32.

We end reg season and wcc tournament 32-1.

thespywhozaggedme
03-06-2017, 09:00 PM
Zags 81
Gaels 69

Goss 32.

We end reg season and wcc tournament 32-1.

Man, I hope you're right. I just don't see it, not with almost all of our guards and wings completely disappearing except for Nigel.

gonstu
03-06-2017, 09:05 PM
gaels 84
zags 77

Zags11
03-06-2017, 09:07 PM
Man, I hope you're right. I just don't see it, not with almost all of our guards and wings completely disappearing except for Nigel.

I see goss putting us on his back.

thespywhozaggedme
03-06-2017, 09:09 PM
I see goss putting us on his back.

I hope not. I hope it's back to the team that went undefeated for the first four months of the season; a really well balanced offensive and defensive team.

bartruff1
03-06-2017, 09:10 PM
Gonzaga 76-65

CdAZagFan
I think we've been playing down to our competition the last couple of games. I see a strong rebound against the Gaels where we play above and beyond our ranked opponent and return to form.

GU 75
SMC 66

LongIslandZagFan
OK.. they are up 30 with 3 to go... going to go ahead and get this up so I can get some shuteye. 3rd game vs SMC... what are your predictions and what do you hope to see... have at it boys and girls!

bartruff1
03-06-2017, 09:12 PM
Gonzaga 76-65

Hoopaholic
03-06-2017, 09:14 PM
Zags 74
Gaels 65

DixieZag
03-06-2017, 09:16 PM
Zags 75
SMC 69

Feel as much doubt in this game as I have all year. Either one of the two other guards (I think Mathews has come around to reliability) has to play at least to their average, and I am just not sure whether either one of them feels it enough to get there.

I wish Few would consider Tillie at the 3 when left with one/two of the guards are just stuck in a total rut.

Goshzagit
03-06-2017, 09:26 PM
Jock Landale with some post game smack talk and clearly focused.

"we've been hearing some announcers saying we don't have the guys, or the shooters to beat Gonzaga -- and we think, we think that is just ridiculous. We will see what happens tomorrow night."

Love it!

They are and will be fired up. I mean, Landale said this when asked a question about BYU. He just shook his head and said very clearly and with some edge…"we will see what happens tomorrow".

They plan to beat us.

I don't blame them. I'd smell blood in the water too. We look 2 dimensional right now. Our guards have played very poorly save NWG. Mathews hit some shots yesterday but just not very good ball movers, confident play makers, missing shots, and silly TO's as of late.

The effort in this game should be through the roof.

Exciting build up, especially after Landale already laying down the challenge. Hope our kids were listening.

MDABE80
03-06-2017, 09:29 PM
3 bigs Tillie, Karno and JW3. 2 of the best functioning guards ( of course Nigel) is what's left. Doubt he'll do it but Few must see the movie he's got unfolding in front of him.

Goshzagit
03-06-2017, 09:40 PM
Of course i would love to see Perkins being Perkins again, same goes for Silas...who also appears out if it as of late.

But i want to see Karno passing the ball again...hitting J3 underneath with the bridge pass, or finding an open cutter, or an open shooter.

Yes, WCC teams are defending us better but partly due to our lackluster ball movement.

Karno putting team on his back, but our bigs have become predictable black holes and all one on one.

Like to see them keep defenses honest and guessing. Its how we blew teams out.

Collins and J3 have begun passing less as well. Lots of hero one on one ball, less team ball. Want to see us flip the switch tomorrow.

Unlikely to happen based on recent trends but I have hope...

tummydoc
03-06-2017, 10:07 PM
Zags 73,gaels 69

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk

HenneZag
03-06-2017, 10:13 PM
I hope I'm wrong

SMC 74
Zags 67

The Gaels are clicking at the right time and we seem to have lost our edge for the time being.

We seem one dimensional.I miss the ball swings, the creativity and flow. I'm hoping we find it soon.

Goshzagit
03-06-2017, 10:16 PM
I hope I'm wrong

SMC 74
Zags 67

The Gaels are clicking at the right time and we seem to have lost our edge for the time being.

We seem one dimensional.I miss the ball swings, the creativity and flow. I'm hoping we find it soon.

Im with ya in this...chemistry lacking and same with fluidity on offense.

We have become a single ball screen team.

So much more versatile & confident 3 wks ago.

Hope they find their groove. Team ball.

RenoZag
03-06-2017, 10:16 PM
Zags 69
Gaels 66

CDC84
03-06-2017, 10:32 PM
I don't know if the Zags just want to get the hell out of this league and start playing some non-league opponents or if they are still suffering from the BYU loss hangover, but if they play like they have the past 3 games, SMC will take home the WCC trophy.

Randy Bennett deserves an award for his complete dominance of BYU. They don't just beat the Cougars more than Gonzaga, they absolutely destroy them. They beat the team that beat Gonzaga last week by 31 points. That's a bad matchup. Randy has Rose figured out more than just about any team in America. Look, I think the Gaels are great, but they are not THAT MUCH better than BYU in terms of talent level. Bennett has got some secret on beating them. This year it clearly has to do with controlling the pace.

HenneZag
03-06-2017, 10:56 PM
Who will provide the most impact off the bench tomorrow?

I honestly want to see more Tillie, don't kill me but why not throw in Rui for a few stretches to see how he does, i know not Fews style but he may provide a different spark and some defense abilities.

gonzagafan62
03-06-2017, 11:06 PM

88-79 Gaels

Good news is that we only have to beat them tomorrow, Not three more times. (I know not what you meant) haha

We are not losing to them. Mathews showed up big against UofP. We are going to make an emphatic statement.... with whooohoo in da house we win yet again

Zags 85
SMC 73

CDC84
03-06-2017, 11:51 PM
You have to wonder how much Josh's ankle is bothering him. He only played 21 minutes compared to Melson's 30.

ZagsGoZags
03-07-2017, 12:49 AM
gu 67
smc 66

voting with my heart, not my head

jazzdelmar
03-07-2017, 03:21 AM
Zags 75
SMC 69

Feel as much doubt in this game as I have all year. Either one of the two other guards (I think Mathews has come around to reliability) has to play at least to their average, and I am just not sure whether either one of them feels it enough to get there.

I wish Few would consider Tillie at the 3 when left with one/two of the guards are just stuck in a total rut.

Never happen. Too outside the box. Sink or swim with guards.

GonzagasaurusFlex
03-07-2017, 03:41 AM
Gaels firing on all cylinders as they gave BYU a free basketball clinic on how to spread the floor, execute a game plan and knock down shots.

Zags will need to play better than they have in the past three games to win WCC tourney and earn the #1 seed out West..hopefully; even if they win I wouldn't be shocked to see Pac12 tourney winner leapfrog Zags for the 1 seed. Unless Zags bow out SMC tonight!!!

Come on Silas and Josh, play fearless ball. ZagNation believes in you and we're rooting for you. Key to tonight's game: Zags defense being locked in and guards knocking down 3's.

zagcheer78
03-07-2017, 04:45 AM
I think we've been playing down to our competition the last couple of games. I see a strong rebound against the Gaels where we play above and beyond our ranked opponent and return to form.

GU 75
SMC 66

Totally agree

75Zag
03-07-2017, 05:29 AM
GU by 2 - double overtime.

Go Bulldogs!

VinnyZag
03-07-2017, 05:33 AM
I'd like to see:
More minutes for Collins, who I think stands a better chance of guarding Landale

Single coverage against Landale

GU's guards chasing Rahon, Naar, etc. off the 3 point line

Like others, I don't really expect the Zags to win this one after watching both teams on TV last night. I'll say SMC 67, GU 61. Zags end up with a 2 seed.

Zaga
03-07-2017, 05:40 AM
84-82 Gonzaga

jazzdelmar
03-07-2017, 05:43 AM
Many fewer guard minutes, many more bigs minutes........Shake it up.

willandi
03-07-2017, 05:51 AM
85-68 zags

MJ777
03-07-2017, 05:52 AM
It should be great entertainment. Da Zags 77-70.

gueastcoast
03-07-2017, 05:54 AM
BYU doesn't play defense. Zags do. Say goodnight St. Marie's /sarc

Zags 74
Haels 68

bigblahla
03-07-2017, 05:59 AM
84-76 Zags....

Go!! Zags!!!

Zagger
03-07-2017, 06:03 AM
Zags 85 - SMC 70

Zags steadily increase their lead throughout the game. I have a good feeling about what GU will bring to this game - including 5 or more Zags in double figures. I also have a hunch we'll see some amazing plays by these 4: Williams, Melson, Collins and Tillie. Maybe one of which will be the high scorer for the team. SMC is good but Zag D will keep them at bay.

VinnyZag
03-07-2017, 06:09 AM
Why is the default solution to ANY problem always to try to make a power forward into a wing?

Zagricultural
03-07-2017, 06:09 AM
76-69 Zags. I want to see our ball movement back leading to at least 8 threes! No injuries for either team. Play angry!

Goshzagit
03-07-2017, 06:13 AM
76-69 Zags. I want to see our ball movement back leading to at least 8 threes! No injuries for either team. Play angry!

Yep. Not hitting 3's becuase we no longer are getting open looks.

Only Perkins shooting oast 25 ft or Mathews heaving over a defender.

We used to average around 17 assists, last few games around 9.

Big time difference.

Out efficiency #'s still look OK, but easy to see we're not the same team. Guys gotta keep the ball moving & find the groove again.

stevet75
03-07-2017, 06:15 AM
Zags 79 Gaels 66. I hope to see the Zags make some threes.

LongIslandZagFan
03-07-2017, 06:18 AM
From what I saw... Santa Clara employed the BYU approach of being physical... not sure if SMC has it in them. I am deeply concerned by the weakness of the perimeter shooting the last couple of games. If the Zags don't hit at least some threes early... it will be a long long night.

Zags 71
Gaels 75

Hope I am wrong on this one... really hope I am wrong.

BayAreaZagFan
03-07-2017, 06:19 AM
All will be right in the world again.

GU - 74
SMC - 60

GonzagasaurusFlex
03-07-2017, 06:24 AM
Many fewer guard minutes, many more bigs minutes........Shake it up.

Yeah, as much as I hate to say this (and revisit this oft discussed topic), if Melson and Perkins can't step up and knock down shots I'd love to see some adjustments made by coaches. Playing a 2-3 zone with Tillie playing at the 3 (w PK in middle and either Williams or ZC on other back corner of zone) would be a nice adjustment. Tillie is a gamer, a " problem solver" who could be a real offensive spark for Zags.

Yes, this is a FANTASTIC season and Zags deserve to be supported, encouraged etc., but if they continue to really struggle offensively and just not look right (like past 3 games) I hope the coaches don't just sit back and watch it happen.

23dpg
03-07-2017, 06:52 AM
Zags 72
Gaels 67

JAGzag
03-07-2017, 06:54 AM
Totally agree

This is ridiculous. No way we're just "playing down" to our competition. Zags just not clicking or playing well.

rennis
03-07-2017, 06:55 AM
considering how wrong I've been the last few games, I'm hoping my prediction continues to be dead wrong and we win by double digits

GU 80
SMC 78

All Weather Fan
03-07-2017, 06:58 AM
What the hael is a Gael ?
Well it certainly has not a tail.
It's rather a kind of a knight.
Who will put up one hael of a fight.
But alas, our Zags will prevail !
GU - 68
SMC - 65

ZagzKrak
03-07-2017, 07:04 AM
Zags 88
SMC 67

strikenowhere
03-07-2017, 07:37 AM
While my heart of course wants the Zags to win, based on how things are trending its not looking very good -

Gaels 72
Zags 59

The terrible 3-pt shooting, disappearance of Perkins, and sloppy turnovers/lack of assists is going to doom this squad to another loss. Hopefully they'll get their heads out of their collective butts come next week because as it stands right now they appear prime for a disastrous upset in the 1st round as well if they run into a team that effectively clogs up the paint.

77Zag
03-07-2017, 07:44 AM
Zags 75
Gaels 62

Go Zags - Beat the Gaels!!

Mr Vulture
03-07-2017, 09:17 AM
Way too much being put on the performances last night, in my opinion. I was actually more worried about last nights game than tonights game. I don't think we have back to back games with the outside shooting we had. On the flip side, I don't think St Marys has as good of a night shooting based on track record. I think it will be a very good game but I think we pull away in the last 10 minutes.

Gonzaga - 81
Saint Marys - 72

Mr Vulture
03-07-2017, 09:25 AM
Yeah, as much as I hate to say this (and revisit this oft discussed topic), if Melson and Perkins can't step up and knock down shots I'd love to see some adjustments made by coaches. Playing a 2-3 zone with Tillie playing at the 3 (w PK in middle and either Williams or ZC on other back corner of zone) would be a nice adjustment. Tillie is a gamer, a " problem solver" who could be a real offensive spark for Zags.

Yes, this is a FANTASTIC season and Zags deserve to be supported, encouraged etc., but if they continue to really struggle offensively and just not look right (like past 3 games) I hope the coaches don't just sit back and watch it happen.

Goodness guys...we are 31-1 and you want them to change things up? Last night was not our best game by any means but we are fine. We lost our only game of the year to BYU, who basically couldn't miss from outside whenever they needed it and we had a horrible night at the line. Additionally, the turnovers killed us down the stretch of that game. We blew out Pacific by 30+ to open this tournament as well. We are averaging 77pts per game over the last three so, while not hitting on all cyclinders, that is more than enough to win most every game. Just relax guys....

HenneZag
03-07-2017, 09:36 AM
Goodness guys...we are 31-1 and you want them to change things up? Last night was not our best game by any means but we are fine. We lost our only game of the year to BYU, who basically couldn't miss from outside whenever they needed it and we had a horrible night at the line. Additionally, the turnovers killed us down the stretch of that game. We blew out Pacific by 30+ to open this tournament as well. We are averaging 77pts per game over the last three so, while not hitting on all cyclinders, that is more than enough to win most every game. Just relax guys....

SMC is a very good defensive team. We haven't had balanced scoring and definitely won't put up 70+ the way we've shot the ball the last few games.

The record is nice as it stands but anyone can see we're not playing the ball we were playing a cpl weeks ago. Not a lot of fluidity. Hopefully we get back to Zag ball! JMO

Mr Vulture
03-07-2017, 09:49 AM
SMC is a very good defensive team. We haven't had balanced scoring and definitely won't put up 70+ the way we've shot the ball the last few games.

The record is nice as it stands but anyone can see we're not playing the ball we were playing a cpl weeks ago. Not a lot of fluidity. Hopefully we get back to Zag ball! JMO

Never said we were playing ball at our optimal level, but changing things after going 31-1 is over the top to me. I know that Saint Marys is a good defensive team, more tempo than defense in my personal view, but I think 70pts+ is almost a guarantee. We've literally had 3 games all year we didn't score 70, with two of them being 69pts, and all before December 11th.

One other point, when we were hitting on all cylinders we had a full roster. We then lost Tillie for a couple weeks and he is just now coming back. We lost Alberts for a couple weeks although he doesn't play much of a role. Then we had Perkins sprain his ankle on Saturday which I am pretty confident affected him last night. After tonight's game, they get about 10 days to rest and heal up for the NCAA's. This team is just fine...

ZenZag
03-07-2017, 09:55 AM
I don't know what has changed about this team....dejected mentality after the perfect season was blown up, at home, on senior night, vs BYU, AGAIN? It feels like they either shake the monkey off their back tonight, or they aren't going to and we also witness an early March exit. I predict they shake it off big time tonight and become the team they were for most of the season....and go into March rejuvenated. Trying to stay positive here!

ZAGS - 78
gaels - 69

amaronizag
03-07-2017, 10:18 AM
The thing we have all celebrated this year is the depth of this team and how everyone is content to contribute a few points toward a win or how anyone or two people may step up on a given night and score like crazy. We can be happy about the people who did stand up last night and celebrate the win, or be bummed about the people who didn't have their best night. It's all about match-ups, so who steps up on a given night will vary. As we go deeper into March Madness, the level of talent goes up and the ability of EVERY player to step up gets harder. Hopefully everybody will continue to contribute as they have all year and we'll be fine due to the combined effort and depth.

The SC guards are a handful to defend. They tested our best defenders and with tender ankles, Josh is not going to be as effective as when totally healthy. Hopefully he'll be healed up by NCAA tournament time. St. Mary's guards are easier to defend, but defending their high screens is a total nightmare. Just as we got beat on switches and mismatches last night, we will get that in spades from St. Mary's tonight. I hope Few and crew have come up with some better ideas to limit the effectiveness of that offense. BYU made the mistake of leaving 3 point shooters open last night and St. Mary's killed them. I hope we win tonight, then really, really look forward to watching St. Mary's do serious damage to some blue bloods in the NCAA tournament. Like GU, they deserve more respect than they get. We need this win tonight, really bad, but the world will not end if we lose.

Bocco
03-07-2017, 10:33 AM
GU 72 - SMC 65

unlike some, in spite being frustrated with how the team has played the last few games I just can't find it in me to pick SMC over GU

TexasZagFan
03-07-2017, 10:44 AM
The thing we have all celebrated this year is the depth of this team and how everyone is content to contribute a few points toward a win or how anyone or two people may step up on a given night and score like crazy. We can be happy about the people who did stand up last night and celebrate the win, or be bummed about the people who didn't have their best night. It's all about match-ups, so who steps up on a given night will vary. As we go deeper into March Madness, the level of talent goes up and the ability of EVERY player to step up gets harder. Hopefully everybody will continue to contribute as they have all year and we'll be fine due to the combined effort and depth.

The SC guards are a handful to defend. They tested our best defenders and with tender ankles, Josh is not going to be as effective as when totally healthy. Hopefully he'll be healed up by NCAA tournament time. St. Mary's guards are easier to defend, but defending their high screens is a total nightmare. Just as we got beat on switches and mismatches last night, we will get that in spades from St. Mary's tonight. I hope Few and crew have come up with some better ideas to limit the effectiveness of that offense. BYU made the mistake of leaving 3 point shooters open last night and St. Mary's killed them. I hope we win tonight, then really, really look forward to watching St. Mary's do serious damage to some blue bloods in the NCAA tournament. Like GU, they deserve more respect than they get. We need this win tonight, really bad, but the world will not end if we lose.

Whew! That last line makes me feel so much better! :cheers:

I'm looking forward to a great game tonight, Zags win 75-72.

NotoriousZ
03-07-2017, 11:10 AM
I predict SMC comes to play, but so does Gonzaga.

87-74 Zags

Ezag
03-07-2017, 11:35 AM
Zags before BYU loss:
Zags 82 SMC 70

Zags last 3 games:
SMC 74 Zags 68

Kiddwell
03-07-2017, 11:49 AM
Last weekend UCLA had fits with Washington State. (Washington State!) The almighty, invincible, best-offense-ever Bruins won by 9, at home. I think Leaf was on the bench that game, but Tillie's been on the bench for us. Lousy wins happen. BYU can run with us, but they can't slowball with St. Mary's. We can slowball with Saint Mary's; we can blow their Scottish skirts off. The Gaels are going down.

Tournament Champs, a poem
<ahem>
Roses are red,
Tillie off the pine,
Gaels going down,
Zags will be fine.
-------
:adored:

Burger Baskets - 81
Vegemite Basket Cases - 67

:]

DirtyDredZag
03-07-2017, 12:10 PM
We are going to beat these Pretty boys like a drum. 26 point win. "Kill whitey"- Chris Farley

HenneZag
03-07-2017, 12:20 PM
We are going to beat these Pretty boys like a drum. 26 point win. "Kill whitey"- Chris Farley

"Tommy likey, Tommie want wingies!" Or should I say "Aussies"

DirtyDredZag
03-07-2017, 12:54 PM
LOL!!!!! HELLO WASHINGTON!!!! We are going to step on some white crud tonight

ZagDaddy
03-07-2017, 01:28 PM
I don't know if the Zags just want to get the hell out of this league and start playing some non-league opponents or if they are still suffering from the BYU loss hangover, but if they play like they have the past 3 games, SMC will take home the WCC trophy.

I sure hope I'm wrong about this but right now the team looks like a team that has already peaked and is struggling to hold it together. I'm especially concerned about 3 point shooting which is struggling of late. Tired legs can lead to poor 3 point shooting and we need guys like Matthews from long range to keep teams honest. I think too that Tillie's injury hurt the rotation more than expected.

Unless I see a major turnaround in their performance tonight, I'm going to adjust my expectations/hopes in the tourney. I wish the NCAA started 4 weeks ago.

amaronizag
03-07-2017, 01:33 PM
I'm with you TX. It should be a great game, but I'm nervous as all get out. I've decided the J. Christoffel Jr Urziger Wurzgarten Auslese GK 2012 I was planning to drink tonight will not be strong enough medicine. We need rum for courage and a pirate's take it all tenacity for tonight's game!!! So rum it will be......AARRRGGG! Let's lay waste to those Gaels.

Snowkane
03-07-2017, 01:35 PM
It is too bad this game is on ESPN. ESPN is a sinking ship and produces a poor product. We would be better off with Heister calling this game on KHQ.

Reborn
03-07-2017, 02:14 PM
You know what I'm going to say before I say it. Some of you fans just need something to worry about. Games in Post Season Tournaments can not be compared to conference games. And one thing some people miss is that Santa Clara is a pretty good team right now, and in my opinion they have one of the best guards in the country, and if he's on, it's going to be a tough night. I LIKED the battle and the fight. It was good for us. It was also about time to have a tough game at the end. Get used to it. There are no more easy games. I like a close tough game in the Semi-finals, and because GU had a tougher Semi-Final I feel they are more prepared for a much tougher game tonight. St Mary's will NOT be playing the kind of team they played last night tonight. You can take that to the bank.

I have a tough time understanding the amount of negativity that I've read on this forum since our team lost to BYU. The team really doesn't deserve it.

oh yeah. MY PREDICTION. ha ha ha ha ha

Gonzaga 73
St Mary's 66

maynard g krebs
03-07-2017, 02:16 PM
77-74 Zags.

Zag4Hire
03-07-2017, 02:21 PM
Wow lose one game and people start getting the doubts. A large part said the loss was good because it would rid the pressure of going undefeated now all kinds of doubt is all over this board. Let's remember it is hard to beat a team 3 times in one season regardless of teams. It is clearly a combination of playing to level of competition and the other squads playing for their season. BYU also made SMC look real good (typical BYU, get up for Zags but can't do much else).

That being said, I think SMC really thought they would get the Zags in Moraga plus the feeling after hosting GameDay, etc. They are smarting for another shot so Zags better come locked and loaded.

I think the key will be the defensive intensity and the transition buckets. Zags can't settle for jumpers and hoisting up 3 balls (it has worked well at all except in minor spurts during the WCC tourney). Like in Moraga, get into Landale and draw fouls. Get in the bonus and cash in. Feed Shrek and Nigel needs to take it up the rack.

-5 & 136

Give me the chalk & the over.

Gonzaga 79
SMC 73

Markburn1
03-07-2017, 02:27 PM
The lack of faith on this board from Zag fans is worse than reading comments from Zag haters on Zag stories on national sites.

TravelinZag
03-07-2017, 02:38 PM
In their grill defense, grind it out.

Zags 76
Gaels 59

Bogozags
03-07-2017, 02:45 PM
Zags before BYU loss:
Zags 82 SMC 70

Zags last 3 games:
SMC 74 Zags 68

I am not a negative person but a very realistic bettor and I would take the points and SMC in this game...this is going to be a true dog fight and if the way SMC shot the 3-ball last night is any indication, then our defence is going to have to be might good tonight...I have not seen a more focused SMC team in the past several years...

If we don't "wake-up" we will lose this game...

GU 71
SMC 69

For those of you in Vegas, take the overs @134

DixieZag
03-07-2017, 02:47 PM
Wow lose one game and people start getting the doubts. A large part said the loss was good because it would rid the pressure of going undefeated now all kinds of doubt is all over this board. Let's remember it is hard to beat a team 3 times in one season regardless of teams. It is clearly a combination of playing to level of competition and the other squads playing for their season. BYU also made SMC look real good (typical BYU, get up for Zags but can't do much else).

That being said, I think SMC really thought they would get the Zags in Moraga plus the feeling after hosting GameDay, etc. They are smarting for another shot so Zags better come locked and loaded.

I think the key will be the defensive intensity and the transition buckets. Zags can't settle for jumpers and hoisting up 3 balls (it has worked well at all except in minor spurts during the WCC tourney). Like in Moraga, get into Landale and draw fouls. Get in the bonus and cash in. Feed Shrek and Nigel needs to take it up the rack.

-5 & 136

Give me the chalk & the over.

Gonzaga 79
SMC 73

I had forgotten how important it is to get Landale in foul trouble. Great reminder/point.

I don't think it was playing down to competition, either - not last night. I think SCU (as of Vegas) was clearly the 3rd best team in the conf and played way up. Still workman-like victory.

katman50
03-07-2017, 02:55 PM
If the Zags play like they have, for the past couple games (sure, I know they won) they are going to have a tough go against SMC tonight. If for some reason, the boys aren't hitting their 3's and even their outside shots, they must be patient and work it into Shem or Collins. But will SMC let them get the ball into our big men? Finally, if worse comes to worse, and not much is working, let Williams-Goss take the game over. Nigel is capable of driving the lane and at least drawing fouls. And we know what an excellent FT shooter he is. Would love to see Nigel get 30+ points tonight if not much else is working. Next to Morrison, he is a Zag who seems to, most of the time, find a shot. As it has been throughout the year, Nigel has been the difference.

upan8th
03-07-2017, 03:06 PM
Tale of two teams trending--one powering up--the other spiraling down. Bulldogs have forgotten what got them to where they are. Maybe, like last year's group, they'll get their mojo back, but for tonight: Gaels 77 Zags 72

mattydog73
03-07-2017, 03:25 PM
GU 80
SMC 66

Would like to see:

Silas, Josh, Jordan engaged and attacking.

Tillie & Collins bring energy off the bench.

Ball moving on O and running SMC off the 3 pt line on D.

Reborn
03-07-2017, 03:28 PM
I am not a negative person but a very realistic bettor and I would take the points and SMC in this game...this is going to be a true dog fight and if the way SMC shot the 3-ball last night is any indication, then our defence is going to have to be might good tonight...I have not seen a more focused SMC team in the past several years...

If we don't "wake-up" we will lose this game...

GU 71
SMC 69

For those of you in Vegas, take the overs @134

What you see is very different than what I SEE. St Mary's has always been a vert good 3 pt shooting team, excepi when they play GU. Why wouldn't we expect that this is going to be a dog fight tonight. It's the Finals. And this year there are two really good teams fighting for the championship. Tou and others, for some reason, suddenly feel that St Mary's is the better team....or maybe you think the Zags are over confident? The Zags WILL BE READY. No real champion enters a game or a match or fight over confident. They respect their opponent, and work hard to get ready. The Zags ARE champs, and they'll be ready.

Go Zags!!!

Bogozags
03-07-2017, 03:37 PM
What you see is very different than what I SEE. St Mary's has always been a vert good 3 pt shooting team, excepi when they play GU. Why wouldn't we expect that this is going to be a dog fight tonight. It's the Finals. And this year there are two really good teams fighting for the championship. Tou and others, for some reason, suddenly feel that St Mary's is the better team....or maybe you think the Zags are over confident? The Zags WILL BE READY. No real champion enters a game or a match or fight over confident. They respect their opponent, and work hard to get ready. The Zags ARE champs, and they'll be ready.

Go Zags!!!

REBORN,

No disrespect intended here at all...

I want the ZAGS to win but in the last three games, they only played on very good half and five poor halves...I don't think SMC is a better team than GU BUT I do believe they are currently playing better than GU...also, it has always been a dog fight in the finals no matter if it's SMC or BYU...and this year is no different than previous years, there are two very good teams playing in a rivalry game, where everything is thrown out the window...

I hope ALL the Zags are ready to play confidently as this is the first game of the rest of the season and we need to start "this season" with a victory!

I want us to win going away or leave no doubt and as I said, I am not a negative person but as a previous gambler, I would take the points and bet the overs...

Markburn1
03-07-2017, 03:52 PM
"I want us to win going away or leave no doubt and as I said, I am not a negative person but as a previous gambler, I would take the points and bet the overs... "

It's been my experience that former gamblers were smart enough to quit because they found out it's dang near impossible to be correct over 50% of the time.

Bogozags
03-07-2017, 03:57 PM
"I want us to win going away or leave no doubt and as I said, I am not a negative person but as a previous gambler, I would take the points and bet the overs... "

It's been my experience that former gamblers were smart enough to quit because they found out it's dang near impossible to be correct over 50% of the time.

I made money as an "amateur" but then trying to make a living from gambling is a totally different thing...cheeks could get pretty tight...

ZagsObserver
03-07-2017, 03:59 PM
GU - 84
SMC - 75

Reborn
03-07-2017, 04:20 PM
Disagreeing is not disrespecting. So don't worry about that. As I Said, I'M JUST SURPRISED, and I DON'T UNDERSTAND.

El Zag
03-07-2017, 04:31 PM
Statistically speaking Collins will not make a 3 pt shot for the next 4 games as he only has one attempt every other game. One of the reasons he came to GU was that he saw that Wiltcher had the green light to shoot over 200 threes .Why is it relatively non existent? Also Tillie is a high percent three point shooter (2nd to Collins as a regular).

No one has ever succeeded at anything without being able to delay gratification.
As a team , St. Mary’s will not celebrate until the PC correct Lady sings.... 74-63..........

ProVeeZag
03-07-2017, 05:01 PM
GU 75
Gaels 72

Don't have a good feeling about this one ... going with my heart though.

Zags11
03-07-2017, 05:54 PM
Jock Landale with some post game smack talk and clearly focused.

"we've been hearing some announcers saying we don't have the guys, or the shooters to beat Gonzaga -- and we think, we think that is just ridiculous. We will see what happens tomorrow night."

Love it!

They are and will be fired up. I mean, Landale said this when asked a question about BYU. He just shook his head and said very clearly and with some edge…"we will see what happens tomorrow".

They plan to beat us.

I don't blame them. I'd smell blood in the water too. We look 2 dimensional right now. Our guards have played very poorly save NWG. Mathews hit some shots yesterday but just not very good ball movers, confident play makers, missing shots, and silly TO's as of late.

The effort in this game should be through the roof.

Exciting build up, especially after Landale already laying down the challenge. Hope our kids were listening.

:roll:

Zags11
03-07-2017, 05:57 PM

I bet zags to win by 6 on betting place.

Zags11
03-07-2017, 05:57 PM
I made money as an "amateur" but then trying to make a living from gambling is a totally different thing...cheeks could get pretty tight...

U need it. Not like it. Lol

Reborn
03-07-2017, 06:02 PM
GU 75
Gaels 72

Don't have a good feeling about this one ... going with my heart though.

Feelings come from your heart. Your mind is trying to trick you or fool you. Don't listen to others, and especially those who don't know their arse from a hole in the ground. Listen to your heart.

Go Zags!!!