PDA

View Full Version : Official Santa Clara WCC Semifinal postgame thread

thespywhozaggedme
03-06-2017, 07:34 PM
Shem and NWG stepped up like the leaders that they are.
Josh, Silas and Jordan combined for 9 points. Silas and Jordan had 9 of those 9 points.
It was obvious that SC's strategy was to take away the 3, it worked.
Horrible call on the Silas "black", but we're used to WCC refs.
I honestly have no idea what to expect for tomorrow nights game.

Hoopaholic
03-06-2017, 07:44 PM
Josh, Silas and Jordan combined for 9 points. Silas and Jordan had 9 of those 9 points.

Agree with everything but the statement that SC game plan to take away 3 ball worked...I think we won so clearly it didn't work

Zags11
03-06-2017, 07:45 PM

Why did you word it that way? Why didn't you word it Jordan had 7 of the 9. Silas had two. Does Perkins bug you?

Game was bad IMO. The mentality of smashing opponents faces in, has disappeared since the BYU loss. I feel like going through the motions and maybe bored since they lost a game. Idk. I haven't been impressed. I understand about people and fans being greedy but this isn't the same team.

Hoopaholic
03-06-2017, 07:49 PM
Why did you word it that way? Why didn't you word it Jordan had 7 of the 9. Silas had two. Does Perkins bug you?

Game was bad IMO. The mentality of smashing opponents faces in, has disappeared since the BYU loss. I feel like going through the motions and maybe bored since they lost a game. Idk. I haven't been impressed. I understand about people and fans being greedy but this isn't the same team.

Wcc blues

DixieZag
03-06-2017, 07:50 PM
Watching NWG being interviewed after the game, he didn't appear to be someone anything but proud to gut out a win.

We're shooting awful, that needs to come around.

I'm just not seeing the doomsday stuff others are (other than backcourt shooting) and I'm pretty panicky, generally. Some are saying our defense was awful, I thought it was pretty good. It's tough to keep on a guy when he's got an offensive tackle leading the way, but more holding? I thought SCU played near perfect for them.

But, whatever. We need to heat up from the outside (inside is fine) or we'll be out in 2 games, but I suspect most teams could say that if they shot as awful as we have.

Zags11
03-06-2017, 07:50 PM
Wcc blues

Could be.

thespywhozaggedme
03-06-2017, 07:51 PM
Agree with everything but the statement that SC game plan to take away 3 ball worked...I think we won so clearly it didn't work

We shot 3-10 from three. Their plan to take away the three ball worked. We won despite our inability to hit the three. No need to be unnecessarily combative and argumentative. Try to put your personal feelings for me aside and analyze the post itself, not the poster. Just my $.02

Zagricultural
03-06-2017, 07:51 PM
This isn't the same team they were before the BYU loss. If we don't see some inspired Basketball in the Championship I will be really apprehensive going into the tourney.

thespywhozaggedme
03-06-2017, 07:52 PM

No. Your post does though. Not you, just your post. I don't know you.

Zags11
03-06-2017, 07:53 PM
No. Your post does though. Not you, just your post. I don't know you.

Well your wording bugged me. Not you. Just your wording on the post. I don't know you. ;)

Hoopaholic
03-06-2017, 07:55 PM
We shot 3-10 from three. Their plan to take away the three ball worked. We won despite our inability to hit the three. No need to be unnecessarily combative and argumentative. Try to put your personal feelings for me aside and analyze the post itself, not the poster. Just my $.02

It's a simple fact that they elected to take away the three ball...we only got 10 looks

If we get 6 more looks and stay at the 30% mark it's a 15 point game

They chose their game plan and we made them pay by pounding the paint and capitalizing on what they gave us

We won thus their game plan didn't work plain and simple

thespywhozaggedme
03-06-2017, 07:57 PM
Well your wording bugged me. Not you. Just your wording on the post. I don't know you. ;)

Touche'

thespywhozaggedme
03-06-2017, 07:58 PM
It's a simple fact that they elected to take away the three ball...we only got 10 looks

If we get 6 more looks and stay at the 30% mark it's a 15 point game

They chose their game plan and we made them pay by pounding the paint and capitalizing on what they gave us

We won thus their game plan didn't work plain and simple

Ok

SunDevilGolfZag
03-06-2017, 07:59 PM
How about just take the victory. Right to give Sendek and Brownridge their credit

thespywhozaggedme
03-06-2017, 08:00 PM
How about just take the victory and give the Sendek, Brownridge club a little credit

You just did.

Ekrub
03-06-2017, 08:03 PM
Posted this in the who do you want thread:

https://twitter.com/brittanydiehl/status/838969894834089985

BYU is our shot at redemption. Psychology plays a huge part in sports. Avenging that loss is what we need.

DixieZag
03-06-2017, 08:09 PM

BYU is our shot at redemption. Psychology plays a huge part in sports. Avenging that loss is what we need.

Unless they have a turnaround like before, it ain't going to happen. SMC just beats them - no real probs. Kind of like we have SMC's number. :)

Zags11
03-06-2017, 08:11 PM

Agree. But they'll have fun in not NCAA tourny

Zags11
03-06-2017, 08:12 PM
Unless they have a turnaround like before, it ain't going to happen. SMC just beats them - no real probs. Kind of like we have SMC's number. :)

Yep. Its strange. We own smc, and smc owns BYU and we play BYU to a tie almost. 7-5 in last 12.

TravelinZag
03-06-2017, 09:20 PM
SMC never trailed vs. BYU, barely broke a sweat, well rested. Don't know what that bodes for tomorrow night.

Go Zags! Beat SMC again. FF and beyond!

MDABE80
03-06-2017, 09:45 PM
They're better than when we beat them. Very focused tonight. Hope the guys remember what to do with them.#beatdown.