PDA

View Full Version : Brownridge

Martin Centre Mad Man
03-06-2017, 07:02 PM
The kid's a warrior. I will miss watching him play.

U Zig, I Zag
03-06-2017, 07:06 PM
Glad we are done with him, excellent player. Prob my fave non-Zag over the years in the WCC

gonzagafan62
03-06-2017, 07:07 PM
Great great player. Can't believe he's played 4 years already

Zagricultural
03-06-2017, 07:07 PM
I like the kid, but I sure won't miss him. Cannot fathom why he gets away with pushing off on every single drive.

seacatfan
03-06-2017, 07:09 PM
I'm a big fan. Kudos to him for staying at SCU, they weren't very good throughout his career. I would certainly think he could've transferred elsewhere to be on a better team if he wanted to. Kid is a baller.

jpn17
03-06-2017, 07:13 PM
Kid was definitely always fun to watch. Don't think he ever got a W against Gonzaga, but there were some years that he came close. I will miss seeing him play, but won't at the same time. Another one of those guys that seems like he's been around a lot longer than 4 years.

LMUZAG
03-06-2017, 07:15 PM
Much respect, One of those players that I was in capable of putting his team on his back and winning against us. I don't recall him ever pulling it off, but he brought them close a few times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CdAZagFan
03-06-2017, 07:17 PM
Glad it wasn't close enough for him to ever tie it up or take the lead late... He had the confidence to do it.

sittingon50
03-06-2017, 07:18 PM
Visiting with someone from their program, they said he is even a better kid than player, which is saying something.

Hoopaholic
03-06-2017, 07:20 PM
Visiting with someone from their program, they said he is even a better kid than player, which is saying something.

it shows by his demeanor on the court that he is a decent human being

it shows by him accepting a complete role change this year......he will make some money overseas

Virginia Zags Fan
03-06-2017, 07:37 PM
Saw it live. Some of the shots he made were deep contested threes - crazy difficult. When the young man is on, he is quite a player!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DixieZag
03-06-2017, 07:40 PM
I guess I'm one of the few here who will note that SCU played an awfully good game - really good. Virginia said it right, most of those shots were very difficult.

It sure seems like some think we have a birthright to win by 35 and if we don't it's bc we played awful. I saw nothing more than a horrid shooting night from us, and still led the whole way.

I wonder if Brownridge could stick for a while at the next level.

ZagOD7540
03-06-2017, 07:42 PM
Pretty impressive kid. Nice stroke. Doesn't show much emotion on the floor. He doesn't appear to trash talk. Appreciate his game...but I won't miss him!

Hoopaholic
03-06-2017, 07:46 PM
I guess I'm one of the few here who will note that SCU played an awfully good game - really good. Virginia said it right, most of those shots were very difficult.

It sure seems like some think we have a birthright to win by 35 and if we don't it's bc we played awful. I saw nothing more than a horrid shooting night from us, and still led the whole way.

I agree with you dixie

LMUZAG
03-06-2017, 07:49 PM

+1 well played game by Santa Clara. Well coached, good game plan, and an officiating crew that permitted their screens to succeed. They shot well all things considered. Percentages don't show, but they hit A number of individually created long distance shots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Markburn1
03-06-2017, 08:00 PM

Agree with everything except bad shooting. Game plan was to go inside. Nearly 60% shooting overall.

ZagOD7540
03-06-2017, 08:04 PM
SC just had some shots fall for them tonight. A few of them were ridiculous. I don't think they could play any better. Sendek has to be shocked at how well they played

rennis
03-06-2017, 08:22 PM
I like the kid, but I sure won't miss him. Cannot fathom why he gets away with pushing off on every single drive.

He pushed off a lot but they were allowing a lot of contact. Still a couple were very blatant with full extension! And the no call on Silas' dunk, holy crap he got mugged

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Zags11
03-06-2017, 08:32 PM
Stud.

TravelinZag
03-06-2017, 08:50 PM
No matter what course you choose, Mr. Brownridge, you will be a winner. You are a classy competitor.

soccerdud
03-06-2017, 08:58 PM
Stud.

in 2014 some friends and i were at the wcc tourney. we ended up sitting next to and chatting with a husband and wife duo that apparently were freelance nba scouts (sold evaluations to nba teams, but not attached to a specific team). that was brownridge's fr year, but some other conference luminaries included pangos, soph karno, stacy davis, anthony ireland, waldow, holt, haws, collinsworth, and mika. the duo told me in no uncertain terms that brownridge was the best nba prospect in the wcc that season (the fact that none that i listed are currently in the nba lends credence to their evaluation).

since then, he has done absolutely nothing to dissuade that notion... except for staying in school, graduating, and continuing to compete as an amateur. seems like a heck of a kid. definitely a heck of a ballplayer. here's hoping he gets his chance.

CDC84
03-06-2017, 10:54 PM
As I predicted, Few spent some extra time with him in the handshake line. He is simply one the greatest players and competitors the West Coast Conference has ever seen in men's basketball. And a guy who stayed loyal to his university despite the fact that many major conference teams would've loved to have had his sweet shooting stroke.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/mar/06/gonzaga-absorbs-santa-claras-best-shot-primarily-d/

“Courageous competitor,” said Few. “It’s been an honor competing against him.”

Mark Few met Jared Brownridge in the handshake line and the two took a long moment for a hug and a handshake and some claps on the shoulder, and especially some warm words.

During which, presumably, the Gonzaga coach offered up a letter of recommendation.

“For anything he wants,” Few confirmed.

CDC84
03-06-2017, 11:22 PM
Jared interviewing Kevin Pangos and LMU coach Mike Dunlap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KnkvAz1QaU

Jared interviewing Kyle Wiltjer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KnkvAz1QaU

Birddog
03-07-2017, 05:39 AM
The only way you can keep him from scoring is to deny him the ball. That rainbow 3 he threw over the top of Collins was too much.

LongIslandZagFan
03-07-2017, 06:25 AM
I'll miss watching him play but I won't miss the consternation of having him playing against the Zags... but he, like others have said, was one of the best WCC players. Every couple years you get guys like that, players you hate facing but respect tremendously... you know... the anti-Samhans. Collinsworth comes to mind. Wish the kid the best in his future endeavors.

bballbeachbum
03-07-2017, 07:11 AM
pleasure to have watched him over the years, special player, matchup nightmare. thought Zach did OK on him, won some and lost some, which is a good deal against Brownridge

seacatfan
03-07-2017, 09:15 AM
As I predicted, Few spent some extra time with him in the handshake line. He is simply one the greatest players and competitors the West Coast Conference has ever seen in men's basketball. And a guy who stayed loyal to his university despite the fact that many major conference teams would've loved to have had his sweet shooting stroke.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/mar/06/gonzaga-absorbs-santa-claras-best-shot-primarily-d/

This is good stuff. Classy competitors in the case of both parties.

amaronizag
03-07-2017, 10:52 AM
I think Brownridge is similar to, but better than, Victor Oladipo. I hope he has a long and great NBA career and I will follow it where ever he plays. Really fun to watch. Great kid as well.