• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • seacatfan
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2014

other games 3/5/17

Missouri Valley championship game going on right now. Wichita St. leading Illinois St. 33-25 nearing halftime. Just turned it on. Immediately saw a blatant goal tend by the Shockers that wasn't called, then on the other end a blatant double dribble that again wasn't called. A bit of home cookin' for Wichita St. it appears.
  • Martin Centre Mad Man
    Administrator
    • Apr 2009

Winthrop wins the Big South.
    “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• CdAZagFan
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2013

Originally posted by seacatfan View Post
      Missouri Valley championship game going on right now. Wichita St. leading Illinois St. 33-25 nearing halftime. Just turned it on. Immediately saw a blatant goal tend by the Shockers that wasn't called, then on the other end a blatant double dribble that again wasn't called. A bit of home cookin' for Wichita St. it appears.
      Been watching Wichita State the last few weeks and they look like they are getting on a roll. However, then I see Jerry Palm just saying they are on his "First Four Out" list. I know they don't have the quality wins this year that they usually do, but they just look like they are clicking at the right time - could be a dangerous tourney team if they get in.

Comment

• DZ
        Zag for Life
        • Sep 2007

I had no idea that the Mo. Valley was so down this year, no Northern Iowa's, Southern Illinois or Indiana State's playing well this year.

Coach G sure walked into a buzz saw at Drake. Wonder what he's gong to do next year.
        Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
        Mark Twain.

Comment

• sittingon50
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Per KenPom, MVC is #10, right ahead of #11 WCC.
          But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• seacatfan
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2014

Wichita St. and Illinois St. dominated the MVC, both went 17-1 in conference. Kind of a shame, i doubt ISU will get an at-large bid. They are 27-5 overall, I haven't looked at their schedule to see who they played OOC. Wichita St. is up 17 w/ 8 minutes left, assuming they are going to win.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
              I had no idea that the Mo. Valley was so down this year, no Northern Iowa's, Southern Illinois or Indiana State's playing well this year.

Coach G sure walked into a buzz saw at Drake. Wonder what he's gong to do next year.
              Wasn't he fired?

Comment

• MJ777
                Zag for Life
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by seacatfan View Post
                Wichita St. and Illinois St. dominated the MVC, both went 17-1 in conference. Kind of a shame, i doubt ISU will get an at-large bid. They are 27-5 overall, I haven't looked at their schedule to see who they played OOC. Wichita St. is up 17 w/ 8 minutes left, assuming they are going to win.
                WSU played Big 5 teams although some of those teams like Oklahoma had a bad year. ISU played a SMC like non conference schedule and lost to the Dons. I would put them in because they are the little guy but they are not a lock for sure.

Comment

• MJ777
                  Zag for Life
                  • Mar 2009

I flipped the channel to the Warriors and Knicks game and I saw Ron Baker making Ron Baker plays. I love his confidence but there's that one day in 2013 that still hurts. Of course Curry is playing too. Double ouch.

Comment

• seacatfan
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2014

Florida-Gulf Coast going Dancing again. Apparently 2nd year in a row, so they've been since their previous coach went to USC.

Comment

• seacatfan
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2014

Purdue @ Northwestern going down to the wire. 62-59 Purdue just under 2 minutes left. I think the Boilers have already locked up the conference and Northwestern seems to be on the right side of the bubble, so maybe not that much at stake, but still an interesting game.

Comment

• DZ
                        Zag for Life
                        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                        Wasn't he fired?
                        My post was vague.

He resigned first week of December. I knew he no longer coached there and looked it up to be sure. They were 1-8 this year when he resigned, and had lost 6 games by 5 points or less (something like that). He had players txing the moment he got in and it just never clicked at all.

Sounds like he took a job that held very little promise. Might well have been better off waiting for another WAC or something like a UC-Whatever thing came up. Dunno, he sure took it on the chin there, which really surprised me.
                        Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                        Mark Twain.

Comment

• sittingon50
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Ray's (& I believe his wife's) roots were back there.
                          But we don't play nobody.

Comment

Working...
                          X