PDA

View Full Version : March 5th, 2017 brackets: Joey keeps us at ONE.

MDABE80
03-04-2017, 09:23 PM
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Maybe they're going to do this more frequently. I've not seen this done daily but it's from Sunday, 3/5/17.
Seems like UCLA with a very weak win over WSU tonight, is going to remain at a 3. Weak schedule, bad defensive numbers and so on. But WAIT! I thought the PAC12 was strong!
Meanwhile Oregon's the one to watch. UNC solidified it's spot on the ONE line with it's victory over Duke.
Untill we lose, the top line remains with us..

BBzag
03-04-2017, 09:38 PM
He's been saying on TV all night that the Zags will keep their one so long as they win the WCC tournament.

ZagOD7540
03-04-2017, 09:51 PM
We get beat up so much. Villanova beats Georgetown, Oregon beats Oregon State and Arizona beats Arizona State. No mention about them beating up on "cupcakes". The talk is always how great they are coming from these "power conferences". We dominate the WCC and all you hear about is "weak conference" or "who do they play". Sure gets old

MDABE80
03-04-2017, 10:34 PM
It's always been this way. We need to cut through the first 4 teams in the NCAA......preferably all 6. Things will change....especially if we do that and then people know 7 of our top 8 are back next year. We had a superior body of work this year. Still pizzed by all the nonsense of an 8 point loss to a good BYU team. One thing would help: Karno must get angry. He can do so much more than he's done in the last few games. It's do or die once the NCAA play begins. No looking back. Just forward. Kids need to wake up like in this game tonight. I hated the first half...nothing going on, sleepy, no fire, no will to win.

tummydoc
03-05-2017, 05:54 AM
MD, 7 are back?? We lose shem and Matthews for certain, Nigel... maybe

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk

bartruff1
03-05-2017, 06:03 AM
In spite of the criticism , much of it deserved, it seems to me that Gonzaga really is America's Team and gets plenty of respect from the national sports media and especially the coaches .....some in here would benefit from a thicker skin...the WCC is what it is .....

MontanaCoyote
03-05-2017, 07:40 AM
We get beat up so much. Villanova beats Georgetown, Oregon beats Oregon State and Arizona beats Arizona State. No mention about them beating up on "cupcakes". The talk is always how great they are coming from these "power conferences". We dominate the WCC and all you hear about is "weak conference" or "who do they play". Sure gets old

After the game I heard some commentator really body slam the PAC 12. Sounded just like what you usually hear about the Zag's and the WCC.......'After AZ, OR and UCLA the PAC12 has a slew of really bad teams....' Something like that. Maybe it was Joey explaining why none of those 3 teams would jump the Zag's even if we didn't win the WCC championship game?

At any rate, what he said really put the PAC 12 down and suggested that the conference isn't scrutinized like the WCC because it has 3 highly rank teams. Made it sound, to me, that the 9 other teams in the PAC12 really aren't much better or as good as all but the Zag's and Saint Mary's in the WCC. Nice to hear........for once!

Hooray4Daye&Gray
03-05-2017, 08:53 AM
Duke being the 4 in our bracket, as this one has, is my worst nightmare.

zagmantis2001
03-05-2017, 09:05 AM
Duke being the 4 in our bracket, as this one has, is my worst nightmare.

So the guy from the NCAA committee is on the halftime show and just said that they don't do a reevaluation of the top 16 teams. Instead they start off fresh. Which means The whole exercise of announcing the top 16 teams a few weeks ago iwas nothing more than an exercise about how to make more money. Stupid.

Pallet
03-05-2017, 09:27 AM
So the guy from the NCAA committee is on the halftime show and just said that they don't do a reevaluation of the top 16 teams. Instead they start off fresh. Which means The whole exercise of announcing the top 16 teams a few weeks ago iwas nothing more than an exercise about how to make more money. Stupid.

It's sports and NCAA related, how could it be anything else?

MDABE80
03-05-2017, 10:34 AM
He's been saying on TV all night that the Zags will keep their one so long as they win the WCC tournament.
But now you have written confirmation for all to see! ;)

MDABE80
03-05-2017, 10:38 AM
MD, 7 are back?? We lose shem and Matthews for certain, Nigel... maybe

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk

Good point. My enthusiasm got the best of me. Nigel, WIII, Collins, Tillie, Melson , Josh ( he'll be better)< the core