PDA

View Full Version : Matthews

cggonzaga
03-04-2017, 07:47 PM
Jordan could be the X factor in March. We could really use his shooting and scoring from the perimeter. Also a very underrated defender.

bartruff1
03-04-2017, 08:05 PM
He won this game....he changed the momentum and kept it going....

DixieZag
03-04-2017, 08:05 PM
It would mean everything if he could stay hot.

Hoopaholic
03-04-2017, 08:07 PM
Jordan could be the X factor in March. We could really use his shooting and scoring from the perimeter. Also a very underrated defender.

The long talk between he and few as he was exiting this game I bet was along this line

Martin Centre Mad Man
03-04-2017, 08:08 PM
He hasn't played this well since December. He picked a good time to get hot. Let's hope he continues to roll through the rest of the postseason.

gonzagafan62
03-04-2017, 08:08 PM
Mathews knows postseason ball

seacatfan
03-04-2017, 08:09 PM
He's been fairly maligned by a decent number of fans on this board. Great game for him tonight, showed what he's capable of bringing to the table for the Zags.

GonzagasaurusFlex
03-04-2017, 08:11 PM
Yeah, very good sign for Zags. Matthews with his season high scoring game.

I'd sure like to see Melson knock down a few 3's and get his confidence going again.

zagsfanforlife
03-04-2017, 08:20 PM
As crappy as i thought we looked--- i dont care. I wouldnt care if we won that game by 6 points and not 30... jordan getting going was the story of the game. if Mathews could get going that could be the difference in making a run this march. It was awesome to see him breakout-- he had really been in a slump. Way to go Jordan. Lets get that stroke back.

drvenkman05
03-04-2017, 08:21 PM
I give you the gift of Matthews. Drink it in, maaaaaaaaan (hat tip to the Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla, Chris Jericho! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1K1FWdItX44)

MickMick
03-04-2017, 08:22 PM
Mathews coming on at the right time. His defense was very good tonight.

ZagaZags
03-04-2017, 08:31 PM

Last year Eric McClellan (61 pts.) put the team on his back in the WCC tourney. Maybe Jordan can do it this year.

Zag Man
03-04-2017, 08:52 PM

I was really impressed with Jordan's maturity in his play and how he inspired his teammates to get going after a rough start!

JPtheBeasta
03-04-2017, 09:00 PM
Great all-around game for Jordan.

CDC84
03-04-2017, 09:11 PM
Mathews can really, really move his feet on defense. Imagine if he were a legit 6-5 or 6-6......

Well, he probably wouldn't be playing at Gonzaga right now.....

UberZagFan
03-05-2017, 10:12 AM
As much as I want to see Mathews catch fire, this team will go as far as NWG can take it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

CdAZagFan
03-05-2017, 10:36 AM
As much as I want to see Mathews catch fire, this team will go as far as NWG can take it.

Agreed... As much as we need Mathews to stay hot, we also need NWG to control the offense.

cggonzaga
03-05-2017, 11:07 AM

The thread wasn't started to suggest we need Jordan to be the star of the tournament. We simply need a consistent perimeter threat other than NWG.

DixieZag
03-05-2017, 11:18 AM
The thread wasn't started to suggest we need Jordan to be the star of the tournament. We simply need a consistent perimeter threat other than NWG.

Right on.

Because, this team will go as far as NWG takes it, but he can take it a whole lot further with a backcourt mate hot from 3 and a big re-finding their inner-aggression and 66% shooting selves.

Zags11
03-05-2017, 01:01 PM
Jordan Mathews is good on defense and a good shooter. He is a 3pt shooter and they come and go from beyond the arc. Jordan is almost shooting 40% from 3 and shooting close to what he shot at California.

Here are his stats
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/players/playerpage/2103910/jordan-mathews

Here is bells
http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/gary-bell-1.html

Blake stepp

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/blake-stepp-1.html

Now do I think he is better then Blake? No. However I'm just pointing out how tight we look at certain players while other players get passes.

Goshzagit
03-05-2017, 01:13 PM
Our most underrated defender in program history.

Zaga
03-05-2017, 01:21 PM
Great all-around game for Jordan.

Zag's will need everyone's focus and total team effort to make it to the FF. Go G.o.n.z.a.g.a.

Virginia Zags Fan
03-06-2017, 05:46 AM
Jordan has really improved his overall game this year. Watching live, you see all the little things he does on D. He has really bought into D and rebounding and then offense when it's there. Some guys in the game thread were saying some harsh things about Jordan that were unwarranted.

The team had a bad 1st half and I understand the frustration. However, let's refrain from going after the players.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reborn
03-06-2017, 11:26 AM
I've never lost hopw in Mathews, and won't. Hisshot looked the best that it has looked all year, lot' of arch. I feel he's waking up BIOG TIME!

Plainsman
03-06-2017, 02:01 PM
Seems to me Jordan shoots better and all around performs better when he takes the opportunity to do something other than just stand outside the three point line on offense and wait for a pass. I am sure that was defined as his main role early in the year but he seems to shoot better from outside and play better defense when he is more engaged on the offensive end by occasionally dribble driving, shooting pull ups, hitting the occasional layup and also handing out an assist here and there. Hope he continues this slightly expanded role from here and out and that it drives an uptick in his shooting percentages.

ZagOD7540
03-06-2017, 02:06 PM
Loved his shot fake to get the defender up in the air and then draw the foul to get 3 free throws. Maybe he will be the one that steps up in Vegas for the Zags, just like EMac did last year. Would sure be nice to get him rolling here at the tail end of the season