• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zagdontzig
    Zag for Life
    • Mar 2016

Sitting Courtside - Perkins' ankle

I'm sitting courtside with dukesilver and just saw Perkins jumping and running in the tunnel. We'll keep y'all updated.
    Originally posted by Reborn
    Go Zags!!!
    Self-Proclaimed GIF Proprietor
  • drvenkman05
    Banned
    • Dec 2012

I don't know if Josh reads the board but I want to send well wishes his way. We love ya', Josh!

Originally posted by zagdontzig View Post
    I'm sitting courtside with dukesilver and just saw Perkins jumping and running in the tunnel. We'll keep y'all updated.

Comment

• Goshzagit
      Zag for Life
      • Dec 2007

Get well Perk.

Have a feeling its minor.

Much of our swag & resurgence, getting back on track, was with Josh nursing his ankle.

We need him back & healthy though, have a feeling it could help his rhythm.

Perkins is our best spot up shooter. Needs to untape that wrist, and take care the damn ball.

Comment

• MDABE80
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

He's a big zero in the last few games. Let's hope what's ailing him is exorcized soon. He need support and he's a god kid but he's flailing. Our best spot up is now Mathews. What a performance by him and Nigel.
        Those two and 3 of our excellent BIGS are worth thinking about as we play the tough matchups the next several games.

Comment

• zagsfanforlife
          Zag for Life
          • Jun 2007

Not to hijack this thread.. but without having to start its own thread.. i dont think it would be a bad idea to go with less perkins in a 3 guard lineup and more RUI. I know he is raw, i know he barely can speak English still but Perk has been a liability with his careless passes lately and imo in the tournament we can use another athlete capable of rebounding, playing defense and scoring. Gives us more size.. first option would be to go with Melson in 3 guard lineup, but would like to see more Rui in a 2 guard, 1 sf lineup.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
            Zag for Life
            • Oct 2008

I'm more worried about the stuff going on in that area between his ears than his ankle.

Comment

• Goshzagit
              Zag for Life
              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
              I'm more worried about the stuff going on in that area between his ears than his ankle.
              So true

Comment

• Hoopaholic
                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
                Not to hijack this thread.. but without having to start its own thread.. i dont think it would be a bad idea to go with less perkins in a 3 guard lineup and more RUI. I know he is raw, i know he barely can speak English still but Perk has been a liability with his careless passes lately and imo in the tournament we can use another athlete capable of rebounding, playing defense and scoring. Gives us more size.. first option would be to go with Melson in 3 guard lineup, but would like to see more Rui in a 2 guard, 1 sf lineup.
                Huge defensive liability especially in our auto switching changing defenses
                The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• zagsfanforlife
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jun 2007

Yup.. Josh has the ability.. just seems to be not focused with careless passes and does not seem very confident. If we are making a final four Mathews and Josh have to play like they are capable of playing

Comment

• zagsfanforlife
                    Zag for Life
                    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Hoopaholic View Post
                    Huge defensive liability especially in our auto switching changing defenses
                    maybe... but there really hasnt been enough of a sample size to really know how much a difference that would make. All i know is josh is not there. Mentally or physically.

Comment

• Zagceo
                      Zag for Life
                      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
                      +1

Comment

• Goshzagit
                        Zag for Life
                        • Dec 2007

I just hope we dont lose him mentally/emotionally this post season.

Perks been through a lot his first 2 yrs. Up, down, everthing in between.

Hes been strong so far, but we need him to advance, no doubt.

Also, dont underestimate his positive or negativd influence in lockerroom.

Comment

• Zagricultural
                          Professional Zag Fan
                          • Nov 2012

Originally posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
                          Give it a rest please. Josh is our best three point shooter, and when he is on and playing free we are unbeatable. I for one am cheering for him and believe he will come through for us. Crush LMU!

Comment

• zagsfanforlife
                            Zag for Life
                            • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Zagricultural View Post
                            Give it a rest please. Josh is our best three point shooter, and when he is on and playing free we are unbeatable. I for one am cheering for him and believe he will come through for us. Crush LMU!
                            We arent playing LMU.

Comment

• ZagaZags
                              Banned
                              • May 2010

Originally posted by Zagricultural View Post
                              BYU did beat them today. 89-81.

Comment

Working...
                              X