PDA

View Full Version : Sitting Courtside - Perkins' ankle

zagdontzig
03-04-2017, 07:47 PM
I'm sitting courtside with dukesilver and just saw Perkins jumping and running in the tunnel. We'll keep y'all updated.

drvenkman05
03-04-2017, 08:05 PM
I don't know if Josh reads the board but I want to send well wishes his way. We love ya', Josh!

I'm sitting courtside with dukesilver and just saw Perkins jumping and running in the tunnel. We'll keep y'all updated.

Goshzagit
03-04-2017, 08:08 PM
Get well Perk.

Have a feeling its minor.

Much of our swag & resurgence, getting back on track, was with Josh nursing his ankle.

We need him back & healthy though, have a feeling it could help his rhythm.

Perkins is our best spot up shooter. Needs to untape that wrist, and take care the damn ball.

MDABE80
03-04-2017, 08:25 PM
He's a big zero in the last few games. Let's hope what's ailing him is exorcized soon. He need support and he's a god kid but he's flailing. Our best spot up is now Mathews. What a performance by him and Nigel.
Those two and 3 of our excellent BIGS are worth thinking about as we play the tough matchups the next several games.

zagsfanforlife
03-04-2017, 08:29 PM
Not to hijack this thread.. but without having to start its own thread.. i dont think it would be a bad idea to go with less perkins in a 3 guard lineup and more RUI. I know he is raw, i know he barely can speak English still but Perk has been a liability with his careless passes lately and imo in the tournament we can use another athlete capable of rebounding, playing defense and scoring. Gives us more size.. first option would be to go with Melson in 3 guard lineup, but would like to see more Rui in a 2 guard, 1 sf lineup.

JPtheBeasta
03-04-2017, 08:31 PM
I'm more worried about the stuff going on in that area between his ears than his ankle.

Goshzagit
03-04-2017, 08:35 PM
I'm more worried about the stuff going on in that area between his ears than his ankle.

So true

Hoopaholic
03-04-2017, 08:37 PM
Not to hijack this thread.. but without having to start its own thread.. i dont think it would be a bad idea to go with less perkins in a 3 guard lineup and more RUI. I know he is raw, i know he barely can speak English still but Perk has been a liability with his careless passes lately and imo in the tournament we can use another athlete capable of rebounding, playing defense and scoring. Gives us more size.. first option would be to go with Melson in 3 guard lineup, but would like to see more Rui in a 2 guard, 1 sf lineup.

Huge defensive liability especially in our auto switching changing defenses

zagsfanforlife
03-04-2017, 08:38 PM
Yup.. Josh has the ability.. just seems to be not focused with careless passes and does not seem very confident. If we are making a final four Mathews and Josh have to play like they are capable of playing

zagsfanforlife
03-04-2017, 08:39 PM

maybe... but there really hasnt been enough of a sample size to really know how much a difference that would make. All i know is josh is not there. Mentally or physically.

Zagceo
03-04-2017, 09:11 PM

+1

Goshzagit
03-04-2017, 09:12 PM
I just hope we dont lose him mentally/emotionally this post season.

Perks been through a lot his first 2 yrs. Up, down, everthing in between.

Hes been strong so far, but we need him to advance, no doubt.

Also, dont underestimate his positive or negativd influence in lockerroom.

Zagricultural
03-04-2017, 10:14 PM

Give it a rest please. Josh is our best three point shooter, and when he is on and playing free we are unbeatable. I for one am cheering for him and believe he will come through for us. Crush LMU!

zagsfanforlife
03-04-2017, 10:27 PM
Give it a rest please. Josh is our best three point shooter, and when he is on and playing free we are unbeatable. I for one am cheering for him and believe he will come through for us. Crush LMU!

We arent playing LMU.

ZagaZags
03-04-2017, 10:28 PM

BYU did beat them today. 89-81.

BBzag
03-04-2017, 11:02 PM
From the S-R: "Few didn’t know the status of Perkins’ ankle immediately after the game. Perkins declined any questions, but was seen limping while leaving the arena."

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/mar/04/zags-delighted-for-return-of-killian-tillie-nervou/

Zagricultural
03-04-2017, 11:08 PM
We arent playing LMU.

Good point. Crush Santa Clara. :)

CDC84
03-05-2017, 12:13 AM
And crush them from the opening tip....none of this we'll figure it out in the 2nd half stuff.

Zagger
03-05-2017, 03:25 AM
From the S-R: "Few didn’t know the status of Perkins’ ankle immediately after the game. Perkins declined any questions, but was seen limping while leaving the arena."

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/mar/04/zags-delighted-for-return-of-killian-tillie-nervou/

I saw him leaving the Arena too and he wasn't limping very much. He wasn't being assisted, no crutches, etc., etc. Josh is a tough young man. Guess we'll have to wait and see what's up.

montanazag88
03-05-2017, 07:35 AM
What about the space between Karno's ears? It seems his play is representative of the rest of the team's mental state...they seem to be frantic on both ends of the floor...overly aggressive on switches on defense, letting quicker guards run past our bigs who are way out of rebounding position. 24 hours to address mental state and tactics.

azzagfan
03-05-2017, 07:35 AM
Heal up Josh. Go back to the hotel and watch every game from Florida thru to Arizona. We get Josh playing like that again and the Zags are nearly unbeatable.

thespywhozaggedme
03-05-2017, 07:45 AM

This times 100. He made another really bad pass last night and John Barry and the other commentator really ripped him on it. I don't know if he's pressing too hard or what.

MontanaCoyote
03-05-2017, 07:50 AM
Yup.. Josh has the ability.. just seems to be not focused with careless passes and does not seem very confident. If we are making a final four Mathews and Josh have to play like they are capable of playing

And Melson and NWG ! I don't watch any team but the Zag's, but I saw some highlights from the Kansas game and watched their guards play like there was no one else on the floor. Experts keep saying that outstanding guard play is the key to the Final Four and Championship. If that's true, I think we need two of ours to play great and the other two to play very well.

TravelinZag
03-05-2017, 08:46 AM

True, but devise and practice a defense to handle it. May need to employ it only for a total of 12 - 18 minutes in a game. The coaches and players have been for many years; they can absorb a supplemental plan or two. Rest of practice to focus on individual skills: 3-point and free-throw shooting, rebounding, and taking care of the ball.

Hoopaholic
03-05-2017, 08:48 AM
True, but devise and practice a defense to handle it. May need to employ it only for a total of 12 - 18 minutes in a game. The coaches and players have been for many years; they can absorb a supplemental plan or two. Rest of practice to focus on individual skills: 3-point and free-throw shooting, rebounding, and taking care of the ball.

Little late in season to revamp test and deploy new comprehensive defensive scheme around a single person who barely speaks English and has hard time after 4 months of deploying defensive rotations and responsibilities. Imo

bballbeachbum
03-05-2017, 09:07 AM

yep, and his heart which might be pretty bruised up too

JPtheBeasta
03-05-2017, 09:33 AM
yep, and his heart which might be pretty bruised up too

Good point. I'm pulling for him. I am supposing that he took the ankle injury so emotionally because he wanted to "make up," so to speak, for the BYU game. I never blamed Josh for the loss, as it was a total team effort. It's too bad he wasn't a bigger part of the Zags' really good second half against Pacific.

I just hope he isn't pressing on a Monday and being too hard on himself.

Zagger
03-05-2017, 09:55 AM
Good point. I'm pulling for him. I am supposing that he took the ankle injury so emotionally because he wanted to "make up," so to speak, for the BYU game. I never blamed Josh for the loss, as it was a total team effort. It's too bad he wasn't a bigger part of the Zags' really good second half against Pacific.

I just hope he isn't pressing on a Monday and being too hard on himself.

As close as this team is ..... they'll work it out. Wishful thinking (Zag Koolaid too) I'll wager that JP will be on the court displaying some great BB this week or in the NCAAs. I doubt if he's out for the season.

bballbeachbum
03-05-2017, 09:58 AM
As close as this team is ..... they'll work it out. Wishful thinking (Zag Koolaid too) I'll wager that JP will be on the court displaying some great BB this week or in the NCAAs. I doubt if he's out for the season.

hope you're right of course and agree with you again JP

CdAZagFan
03-05-2017, 10:43 AM
My biggest concern was Josh's reaction - it looked like he was very upset on the bench and then they showed him punching something in the tunnel. Based on his reaction, I was assuming it might be something fairly major... Hope not. We need all hands on deck and we need Josh back with 100 percent confidence going into the Big Dance.

maynard g krebs
03-05-2017, 11:47 AM
This times 100. He made another really bad pass last night and John Barry and the other commentator really ripped him on it. I don't know if he's pressing too hard or what.

Two assists and one turnover. One turnover in 16 min. Pass just behind someone in the lane. It happens to everyone. Perkins and Karno are the best ball movers on the team.

CDC84
03-05-2017, 03:34 PM
Perkins is also by far and away the most consistent 3 pt. shooter on the team. The other dudes tend to be streaky. He's really important to have on the floor when teams double Shem. In fact, I predict if he can't play we will see more doubling of Karno.