PDA

View Full Version : How to add a Poll to a new Thread

HillBillyZag
10-17-2007, 10:08 AM
Can anyone other than Adms start a Poll?, and if so how does one go about it?

lothar98zag
10-17-2007, 10:32 AM
when creating a thread, below the first "submit new thread" & "preview post" buttons, you will see "additional options"

One of the options is "create a poll"

check the box next to "Yes, post a poll with this thread" and then, if you want, edit the value in the box next to "Number of poll options"

when you are done with your post, click "submit new thread" your new thread will be created and you will be directed to a new page where you can fill out your poll. be sure to review all the options you have to create the poll you want - mulitple voting options, a limited voting window, etc...

good luck!

RenoZag
01-19-2013, 02:39 PM
when creating a thread, below the first "submit new thread" & "preview post" buttons, you will see "additional options"

One of the options is "create a poll"

check the box next to "Yes, post a poll with this thread" and then, if you want, edit the value in the box next to "Number of poll options"

when you are done with your post, click "submit new thread" your new thread will be created and you will be directed to a new page where you can fill out your poll. be sure to review all the options you have to create the poll you want - mulitple voting options, a limited voting window, etc...

Good luck!

The "Additional Options" Dialogue Box:

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x375/RenoZag/GUBOptionsDialogBox_zps74d48040.jpg

kitzbuel
02-09-2018, 12:51 AM
Posting a test

Martin Centre Mad Man
09-30-2018, 11:47 AM
Apparently, the additional options dialog box doesn’t have the option to add a poll to an existing thread. Is there another way to do this?

RenoZag
09-30-2018, 01:34 PM
Apparently, the additional options dialog box doesn’t have the option to add a poll to an existing thread. Is there another way to do this?

Might have to have mod access to add a poll to an exiting thread, MCMM. . . when I clicked "Thread Tools" on an existing thread, "Adding a Poll" appears as an option. . .

Martin Centre Mad Man
09-30-2018, 06:07 PM
Might have to have mode access to add a poll to an exiting thread, MCMM. . . when I clicked "Thread Tools" on an existing thread, "Adding a Poll" appears as an option. . .

I don’t think I have access to a “thread tools” menu.