PDA

View Full Version : ABC News: Mark Few's focus fuels Gonzaga's consistent success

CDC84
03-03-2017, 06:25 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/mark-fews-focus-fuels-gonzagas-consistent-success-45895751

CdAZagFan
03-03-2017, 08:54 PM
Great read... Thanks for posting.

raise the zag
03-03-2017, 09:07 PM
Great read... Thanks for posting.

A bit melodramatic for my taste but good read nonetheless.

Zagger
03-04-2017, 03:26 AM
A bit melodramatic for my taste but good read nonetheless.

Yeah, but things/interests/endeavors on the side (such as fly fishing w/ Few) help round a guy out, see things one might not see otherwise, etc. I also personally feel we humans are of nature and immersing ourselves in it once in awhile tends to reset our id.

JPtheBeasta
03-04-2017, 07:20 AM
The next time the Zags lose- next year of course :)- posters here can blame it on him spending too much time with his children! <gasp>

I like that he places his family so highly in his priority list. He probably would have moved on to bigger pastures if the typical coach stuff was higher on his list. But there could be some truth to the idea, I suppose, that he isn't as willing to (obsessively) pursue winning as much as some. It seems to me that he goes about things the right way.

ProVeeZag
03-04-2017, 10:01 AM
"Most basketball coaches — football, too — consider it a badge of honor to spend endless hours in the office pouring over film."

Not sure what is being "poured" over the film. Probably more effective to "pore" over the film. AP editor must have been on spring break.