• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zags11
    Banned
    • Mar 2008

Can you believe its march madness!!!!

I loooooove March madness. One of the greatest sports events of all time. I love watching Cinderella beating the giants. I'm blessed to watch gonzaga for the past almost two decades.

Time flies as you get older and I'm only in early 30s. I can't lie as I also get a tinge of sadness as if you lose its all over. .

Let's hope for gonzaga madness!
  • zagsfanforlife
    Zag for Life
    • Jun 2007

my absolute favorite time of the year. Been that way since i been about 9 and my family all filled out brackets. My mom usually won and she knows nothing about sports. Would choose teams based on their names. I will be going to Costco soon to purchase a 70 inch tv and return it a month later. Cant wait to attend the final four this year. hopefully my dad and i get to see the zags there. Cant wait for the month ahead!

Comment

• gonstu
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
      my absolute favorite time of the year. Been that way since i been about 9 and my family all filled out brackets. My mom usually won and she knows nothing about sports. Would choose teams based on their names. I will be going to Costco soon to purchase a 70 inch tv and return it a month later. Cant wait to attend the final four this year. hopefully my dad and i get to see the zags there. Cant wait for the month ahead!
      lol

Comment

• strikenowhere
        Zag for Life
        • Sep 2009

Best time of the year - I take off the Thursday & Friday and my buddy comes down to visit and we hit up a local watering hole all day Friday watching the games and drinking!

Then my soul is inevitably crushed when the Zags lose and I lose all interest in basketball for a few months until the next signing period.

Comment

• zagsfanforlife
          Zag for Life
          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by strikenowhere View Post
          Best time of the year - I take off the Thursday & Friday and my buddy comes down to visit and we hit up a local watering hole all day Friday watching the games and drinking!

Then my soul is inevitably crushed when the Zags lose and I lose all interest in basketball for a few months until the next signing period.
          It's really strange how i always seem to get pretty sick around that first and second day of march madness and have to miss work.

Comment

• DZ
            Zag for Life
            • Sep 2007

It's really strange how i always seem to get pretty sick around that first and second day of march madness and have to miss work.
            When I was in school, one needed a parental written excuse when missing school, I recall one year when we either did, or seriously discussed, writing that I had "Basketball fever" and needed to miss school, b/c we always drove to the first 2 rounds. Almost always sessions close enough.

While I sure wish we'd break through to the Final Four, I deeply appreciate that we near always win that first game, b/c there is nothing more devastating that being out of that tournament by Thursday afternoon. I have a very hard time watching games after we get beat.
            Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
            Mark Twain.

Comment

• Zags11
              Banned
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
              When I was in school, one needed a parental written excuse when missing school, I recall one year when we either did, or seriously discussed, writing that I had "Basketball fever" and needed to miss school, b/c we always drove to the first 2 rounds. Almost always sessions close enough.

While I sure wish we'd break through to the Final Four, I deeply appreciate that we near always win that first game, b/c there is nothing more devastating that being out of that tournament by Thursday afternoon. I have a very hard time watching games after we get beat.
              This. I love the first days of march madness. And nothing worse then first round exit to kill the buzz. So I'm happy we have a streak going.

Comment

• CdAZagFan
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2013

Agreed - Absolute best time of the year. Usually my interest wanes a little as the tourney gets into the late rounds - and usually always having four blue bloods in the final weekend (and especially true for the national championship game). I'm hoping this year that changes and the Zags crash the final four party and maybe even that final game!

Comment

• bartruff1
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jan 2010

When Gonzaga is out.....so am I....

Comment

• gonstu
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Agree with several above. It's always hard for me to keep watching after the zags are out. Usually takes about two rounds before I have the stomach to slowly get back into it. Even then, I'm not watching closely. Every year I'm just hoping to get to that second weekend to extend the fun a whole extra week.

Comment

• gonzagafan62
                      Zag for Life
                      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by bartruff1 View Post
                      When Gonzaga is out.....so am I....
                      This
                      Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• Hooray4Daye&Gray
                        Kennel Club Alum
                        • Oct 2008

Thanks for starting the thread, Zags11 - I wanted to start one similar but would rather piggyback off of yours.

Interesting that we are the same age, my favorite number is 11 and I feel like my initial post could have easily been yours word for word.

I'll be watching this year in my #11 Sabonis jersey, nervous as can be. I'll be in Vegas for the first rounds, and if this is finally the year we make the Final Four (please, please, please!), I'll be there as the Final Four is in my new city.

I'm having a hard time not exaggerating how important I feel this month is to the program. If we make the Final Four, I feel like Gonzaga basketball will be set up for blueblood status for decades to come, with kids wanting to play for us as much as UCLA or Arizona on the best coast. If we don't, however, the roar of doubt will be louder than it has ever been.

I really don't think it's a stretch to say this is the most important month in the history of Gonzaga basketball.

Comment

• seacatfan
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2014

Been that way since i been about 9 and my family all filled out brackets. My mom usually won and she knows nothing about sports. Would choose teams based on their names.
                          That's exactly what happened in my family, too. Although sometimes my mom would use the all important criteria of team colors to make a decision in addition to mascot.

Comment

• Section 116
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

I am now in Las Vegas, for me the madness has begun! On the other hand the madness is here year around, is it not?

Comment

• Zags11
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
                              Thanks for starting the thread, Zags11 - I wanted to start one similar but would rather piggyback off of yours.

Interesting that we are the same age, my favorite number is 11 and I feel like my initial post could have easily been yours word for word.

I'll be watching this year in my #11 Sabonis jersey, nervous as can be. I'll be in Vegas for the first rounds, and if this is finally the year we make the Final Four (please, please, please!), I'll be there as the Final Four is in my new city.

I'm having a hard time not exaggerating how important I feel this month is to the program. If we make the Final Four, I feel like Gonzaga basketball will be set up for blueblood status for decades to come, with kids wanting to play for us as much as UCLA or Arizona on the best coast. If we don't, however, the roar of doubt will be louder than it has ever been.

I really don't think it's a stretch to say this is the most important month in the history of Gonzaga basketball.
                              Hey u stole my favorite # too! Lol

Comment

Working...
                              X