PDA

View Full Version : ZaGranny's adventures in Vegas

ZaGranny
03-01-2017, 06:16 PM
This is my first thread since I fell 1/1/17. I am not sure if I will be able to post photos---photobucket wasn't working for me the last time I tried.

We left yesterday at noon. We ate lunch at our favorite cafe in Thompson falls--Minnies. We got to Dillon MT at 10 PM. It was really cold--our furnace ran almost all night.

We left Dillon about 10 this AM. We stopped at Elmer's in Pocatello for late breakfast. We got to Salt Lake KOA just before six. It is quite a bit warmer here than Dillon, but still chilly. They have a hot tub and I exercised in it--but the jets were not working.

We should get to Vegas tomorrow.

ZaGranny

scott257
03-01-2017, 06:36 PM
Drive safe. Flying in tomorrow from Dallas.

sylean
03-01-2017, 07:02 PM
we left this morning and staying in Jackpot tonite....will leave early in the am...reports say it might be in the low teens when we get up...yikes......but will slide into Vegas mid day or so....we're carrying 6 oxygen canisters for a friend who's flying in so I hope we don't get rear ended....:)

Hoopaholic
03-01-2017, 07:20 PM
Safe travels and have fun

Lurknomore
03-01-2017, 07:24 PM
So glad you were able to go. Have fun and take care.

ZagDad84
03-01-2017, 08:28 PM
Watching the games tomorrow on BYUtv.

Flyout Friday AM and get in at 11:00 AM. With judicious packing and a quick rental car pick-up, hope to hit the Orleans just before the Lady Zags game at noon on Friday.

ZagDad

sylean
03-04-2017, 02:15 AM
message from Zagranny....she is alive and well, having trouble with her photo setup but wanted everyone to know she's doing fine.....

my note off topic about our adventures in Vegas.....went to a church fish fry Friday evening....it was terrific and we talked to a guy that knew Zach Collins at Bishop Gorman, and was very knowledgeable about BB....apparently, Bishop Gorman just won the state title recently....

ZaGranny
03-04-2017, 12:25 PM
I'm back!

Finally got one computer to work.

We got here Thursday after a long trip from SLC. We ate lunch at the Garden of Eatin' Cafe in the paradise in Fillmore Utah. We got to the RV park at Circus Circus about 8. It is not nearly as nice as when it was run by KOA. The laundry is not working and the hot tub is not open.

Yesterday we went to watch the Lady Zags beat Pacific. They played really well. I saw a lot of GUB members, and it was fun.

Afterwards we went shopping since I won't be able to do laundry as I had planned.

Then we discovered that the anti-freeze is leaking. Mr. ID went looking for a Napa store we had been to, but could not find it.

Last night we watched Pacific MBB beat Pepperdine and Portland beat San Diego (!).

We are getting ready to go over and watch some of the early games.

ZaGranny

ZaGranny
03-05-2017, 02:00 PM
We watched BYU beat LMU--not whatI waned to see. We watched Santa Clara beat San Francisco.

We went to the social and saw a lot of folks I know. Food was decent--but the social was pricey. The cheerleaders and bomb squad were there.

We went over early to our game.

The guys struggled in the first half, but fortunately Jordan Matthews lit a spark and led us to a huge second half. Nigel had a good game, too.

Was happy to see Portland beat San Diego or any one! Not so happy to see Saint Mary's win, but was not surprised.
We had a great day watching the ames and seeing a huge number of Zag fans--even when Zags were not playing.

I got really tired, so I we left the St Mary's game early and drove back to the camp ground.

The wind started up during the night. We were going to do something today, but we're just resting in the motor home, listening to the wind.

ZaGranny

gozagswoohoo
03-05-2017, 09:38 PM
Was nice to see you! Go Zags

ZaGranny
03-12-2017, 01:07 PM
March 6.

We watched the Lady Zags win the game in the AM. and part of the second WBB

We went over to the social again--it was outside and pretty chilly. Then we watched t he Zags beat Santa Clara by about10. Saw a ton of board members.

Then we watched part of BYU and Saint Mary's. I was so glad BYU lost.

We left early, but could not get the 2nd half to come up on uorTV in the motor home.

ZaGranny