PDA

View Full Version : The GU Board's jazzdelmar problem

hockeyzag
02-27-2017, 02:05 PM
What can we do about it?

bartruff1
02-27-2017, 02:08 PM
What can we do about it?

You are aware there is a " ignore " feature in the forum.....

hockeyzag
02-27-2017, 02:11 PM
You are aware there is a " ignore " feature in the forum.....

I am indeed, and it is being used. But when someone starts a thread bashing a player and posts other negative things at the rate that he does, it is hard to ignore his troll like influence.

katman50
02-27-2017, 02:13 PM
Jazz is one of my favorite posters on this board. As the saying goes, "Embrace Diversity."

gonzagafan62
02-27-2017, 02:19 PM
No looky no problem

77Zag
02-27-2017, 02:41 PM
Look the other way?
things get a bit testy here once we lose a game -- 29-1, really folks?

PeninsulaDog
02-27-2017, 02:43 PM
Jazz is one of my favorite posters on this board. As the saying goes, "Embrace Diversity."

I'll second that. Jazz brings a pulse to the board, and is invariably thought provoking. In the absence of the expression of different points of view, what's the point of any of this?

MDABE80
02-27-2017, 02:43 PM
Spectacular hard edged comments. We need that. Smart insightful. Some one who sees things loyalists don't see.

cggonzaga
02-27-2017, 02:45 PM
What can we do about it?

Love it hockey.

Damn, how immature are some of you? Ignore buttons? Grow up.

Also, I'll embrace diversity from jazz when he starts being respectful to our kids in his posts. He can certainly share his views on a players weaknesses in a more constructive manner. Jazz hardly said a word about Perkins all year but the second the kid messes up, jazz is there to pile on. Nobody felt worse about the way that game ended than Josh, I can guarantee you that.

jazzdelmar
02-27-2017, 02:50 PM
What can we do about it?

Kill the #######. Like this rain?

realtydog
02-27-2017, 02:51 PM
there's no problem....sorry people get their feelings hurt sometimes.....seems that we're unable to have that happen EVER--in today's world

gonzagafan62
02-27-2017, 02:57 PM
there's no problem....sorry people get their feelings hurt sometimes.....seems that we're unable to have that happen EVER--in today's world

100. Real talk

sittingon50
02-27-2017, 03:01 PM
I use the ignore button, but not on Jazz.

Though I don't always agree with him, he brings a different perspective that I can live with.

29-1. Not many opportunities to throw players under the bus. Guess a multiple page thread was just playing a little catch-up. We were all upset by the last outing, to varying degrees. Hey, we're FANS (there's a poll that says so)!

Let's go back to October 15 in Mr. Peabody's Wayback Machine. There's a poll:

"R.E. the Zags upcoming season would you be happy with a 29-1, 17-1 record & the #1 ranking on KenPom?
A. Hell Yeah!
B. I suppose.
C. Not good enough.

I'm guessing that would be a pretty lopsided poll.

Per the recent travails; "this too shall pass."

Besides, the lovely Mrs. '62 is about to bring a new GUnit into the world.

bballbeachbum
02-27-2017, 03:18 PM
hilarious thread
jazz, you must be basking in it right now
on hurt feelings, it's the internet right? still, and not just you jazz, I'd love to see some of the internet warriors here say some of the things their keyboard gives them the courage to say to the ball players' faces :roll:

former1dog
02-27-2017, 03:46 PM
The original thread started by my friend Jazz was an overreaction. This thread is worse. Attacking another poster is against board rules, no? Mods?

Hoopaholic
02-27-2017, 03:49 PM

This hurts my ego......joking

Ezag
02-27-2017, 03:52 PM
I don't have an issue with Jazzdelmar or Taco Del Mar. I do have an issue with the negative a**hole, "Ezag" who thinks he knows everything about GU ball but really knows jacksh**!

jazzdelmar
02-27-2017, 03:53 PM
The original thread started by my friend Jazz was an overreaction. This thread is worse. Attacking another poster is against board rules, no? Mods?

It's cool Dogster. We all need a psychic break. Thanks.

Hoopaholic
02-27-2017, 03:55 PM
I don't have an issue with Jazzdelmar or Taco Del Mar. I do have an issue with the negative a**hole, "Ezag" who thinks he knows everything about GU ball but really knows jacksh**!

Gave me a chuckle. Thank you

ZagMan in Philly
02-27-2017, 03:59 PM
I hope we don't lose another game this year.

bigblahla
02-27-2017, 04:51 PM
It's cool Dogster. We all need a psychic break. Thanks.

Like me ol buddy you're here cause you want to be....stay true to being you...

Go!! Zags!!!

Zags11
02-27-2017, 05:03 PM
Pitch forks if we don't all agree! Kill! Kill! Kill!

Zagceo
02-27-2017, 05:07 PM
What can we do about it?

act like adults....:roll:

Hoopaholic
02-27-2017, 05:10 PM
act like adults....:roll:

Ahhhh. Your no fun

ZagLawGrad
02-27-2017, 05:14 PM
Thread deletion time. And put the OP in the cooler for a few days.

jagwalkley
02-27-2017, 05:14 PM
Spectacular hard edged comments. We need that. Smart insightful. Some one who sees things loyalists don't see.

I have wondered about this for awhile. I have posted something and it never gets posted.Now I know what is up.You just put the stuff you like one,and I am a die hard fan.Wow.

DixieZag
02-27-2017, 05:18 PM
Near all of us went to GU. It's our mother, and we love the team like our children. Like parents everywhere, we're quite emotionally invested in the team, love them unconditionally, spoil them, but also can make excuses for them and tend to view them through the rosiest glasses.

Jazz didn't go to GU, he got his elite education back east and "worked in the business." He, too, loves the Zags but he's more like the gruff high school counselor and coach (as opposed to parent), one who takes special interest in a kid bc he sees something he likes, knows what's possible, but also knows that flowery compliments aren't the way to squeeze out the last bit of juice.

Probably starting a thread on a specific player as general as "the ______ problem" wasn't a good move. God knows I've done similar stuff. And, Jazz being tough on Perkins puts Perkins in a very impressive club, one that includes every Zag to wear the uniform not named Sabonis or Dickau. Most names don't come up as often (or at all) b/c they don't have Perkins' potential, gifts.

More generally, he plays the role of board curmudgeon, and it's one of the most necessary, and yet difficult to balance (one falls, occasionally). It's taken him years to hone and he has evolved. Sometimes hard truths exist that only the curmudgeon sees. And, I'm sorry, but any time I get to write a sentence in a game thread (from a month ago); "Was there anything positive that you saw during that first half in which our undefeated team now leads by 16?" Priceless.

cggonzaga
02-27-2017, 05:30 PM
Interesting board. A guy I'm sure most of you don't know rips a player incessantly and you come to his defense because somebody gives him a taste of his own medicine? Taking a curmudgeon with a keyboard over one of our players whom we wouldn't have a board without. True fans!

Zagceo
02-27-2017, 05:42 PM
Interesting board. A guy I'm sure most of you don't know rips a player incessantly and you come to his defense because somebody gives him a taste of his own medicine? Taking a curmudgeon with a keyboard over one of our players whom we wouldn't have a board without. True fans!

and I don't know you.

ignore button works better than name calling.

RenoZag
02-27-2017, 06:15 PM
And it's only Monday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk