PDA

View Full Version : Parrish drops Zags to #4

Section 116
02-26-2017, 02:05 PM
About what I figured for him and I would not be surprised to see something similar from the AP and the USA Today coaches poll:

http://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-rankings-kansas-new-no-1-nova-no-2-in-top-25-and-1/

jazzdelmar
02-26-2017, 02:08 PM
It begins.

MDABE80
02-26-2017, 02:11 PM
It could have been worse. I think the kids will pick up where they left off prior to this BYU loss.
Joey brackets thinks we'll keep the no 1 seed unless we lose in the WCC tournament. Good news. This is where we need to be for the NCAA tournament. Scroll down to the 5th or 6th story.

http://www.espn.com/ncb/index

zag67
02-26-2017, 02:19 PM
Now we need 11 wins.

willandi
02-26-2017, 02:30 PM
It is interesting that Nova lost last week, at home to Butler, at home, and didn't drop in the rankings or brackets. Butler is #23, but it happens to all schools. I don't think this will affect the Zags too badly if the win the WCC tourney, and, as has been said, the other teams have to win to move ahead of Gonzaga, and that isn't a given.

willandi
02-26-2017, 02:55 PM
And, Pomery still has the Zags #1 by over 3 points!

MDABE80
02-26-2017, 03:45 PM
Zags keep the no 1 seed on CBS........not so important this one loss.

cggonzaga
02-26-2017, 04:01 PM
It begins.

Are you serious jazz? We lose at home to an unranked team and stay in the top 5? You should be ecstatic. The way you were talking yesterday, you expected us to fall out of the top 10.

jazzdelmar
02-26-2017, 04:04 PM
Are you serious jazz? We lose at home to an unranked team and stay in the top 5? You should be ecstatic. The way you were talking yesterday, you expected us to fall out of the top 10.

Never said that. You are incorrect. I said drop to 5 and a 2 seed.

Pallet
02-26-2017, 04:55 PM
Are we making predictions here?
1. Kansas
2. UCLA
3. UNC
4. Nova
5. Gonzaga
6. Oregon
7. Louisville
8. Kentucky
9. Arizona
10. Who cares? Baylor

DixieZag
02-26-2017, 05:09 PM
Based on the committee having us as the 4th one seed two weeks ago, I believe that UNC, Nova or UCLA must lose a "so-so" game to get us onto the one seed line. I just cannot see us keeping those 4 out if they win out. One might say we shouldn't keep those out. But those adjusted stats and the fact that Kansas, Villanova and UNC all have a mediocre loss on their record, make that argument very weak this year.

Almost better if we get a 2 seed. We'll play the same team in the West (Pac Champ, Oregon?), maybe worse match-ups, maybe even better (upsets?), and the 2 seed will really turn the fire up inside the guys.

jazzdelmar
02-26-2017, 05:21 PM
Based on the committee having us as the 4th one seed two weeks ago, I believe that UNC, Nova or UCLA must lose a "so-so" game to get us onto the one seed line. I just cannot see us keeping those 4 out if they win out. One might say we shouldn't keep those out. But those adjusted stats and the fact that Kansas, Villanova and UNC all have a mediocre loss on their record, make that argument very weak this year.

Almost better if we get a 2 seed. We'll play the same team in the West (Pac Champ, Oregon?), maybe worse match-ups, maybe even better (upsets?), and the 2 seed will really turn the fire up inside the guys.

A 2 gets us a 7 in the round of 32, vs an 8-9. Maybe the difference between a Michigan State, Notre Dame or Xavier or Creighton vs a top team from a lesser conference like the A 10.

ZionZag
02-26-2017, 05:22 PM
Now we need 11 wins.

Ya sure it's not 9.....

seacatfan
02-26-2017, 05:37 PM
Based on the committee having us as the 4th one seed two weeks ago, I believe that UNC, Nova or UCLA must lose a "so-so" game to get us onto the one seed line. I just cannot see us keeping those 4 out if they win out.

UCLA will most likely have to beat both Arizona and Oregon in the Pac 12 tourney. Could happen, but not that likely.

CDC84
02-26-2017, 06:40 PM
Several analysts, including Seth Davis, said last night that Gonzaga is a one seed no matter what so long as they lose no more than one game, and that even in the worst case scenario, GU will be in the west region as a 2. I honestly don't know if there is much of a difference between being a one or a two, so long as GU stays out west. Being a two may lessen some of the pressure. The key is staying out west. The committee can only punish them so much for only having one loss and having that loss occur the last game of the regular season against a 20 win team.

The AP Balllot is a different thing. Who knows where GU will be.

willandi
02-26-2017, 06:43 PM
Several analysts, including Seth Davis, said last night that Gonzaga is a one seed no matter what so long as they lose no more than one game, and that even in the worst case scenario, GU will be in the west region as a 2. I honestly don't know if there is much of a difference between being a one or a two, so long as GU stays out west. Being a two may lessen some of the pressure. The key is staying out west. The committee can only punish them so much for only having one loss and having that loss occur the last game of the regular season against a 20 win team.

The AP Balllot is a different thing. Who knows where GU will be.

But it's a 20 win team in the worst conference in MBB! (sarcasm)

gonzagafan62
02-26-2017, 06:45 PM
Don't care what the ranking says. Here's the one seeds (for sure):

UNC
Nova
Kansas

Last one up for debate. Our resume stacks up well with UCLA, Arizona and Oregon. We will get a one

willandi
02-26-2017, 06:49 PM
Don't care what the ranking says. Here's the one seeds (for sure):

UNC
Nova
Kansas

Last one up for debate. Our resume stacks up well with UCLA, Arizona and Oregon. We will get a one

Those sure could be the Ones...but there are still games to play and if one of them loses a regular season and an early out in the conference tourney, it should matter.

MDABE80
02-26-2017, 07:14 PM
Not really if they get beaten in their remaining games.