PDA

View Full Version : Mika

zag buddy
02-26-2017, 10:53 AM
I just love it when the WCC sends players to the NBA. Mika is our Sobonis with a better shooting touch. I can see him being drafted top 5 this year.

jazzdelmar
02-26-2017, 10:54 AM
I just love it when the WCC sends players to the NBA. Mika is our Sobonis with a better shooting touch. I can see him being drafted top 5 this year.

Is it April already?

zag buddy
02-26-2017, 11:02 AM
Just saying that the quality of the young mans game is a pleasure to watch even though I root against him. Give credit where credit is due. He's what 23 and could immediately play at the next level. He will be gone after this year.

vandalzag
02-26-2017, 11:05 AM
Is it April already?

I am with Jazz on this one. Great game by Mika, but not a top 5 pick in the draft not even close.

Zags11
02-26-2017, 11:06 AM
On his flagrant 1, how bad was it? I was at the game but saw him pull the arm. Was it bad?

jazzdelmar
02-26-2017, 11:08 AM
Just saying that the quality of the young mans game is a pleasure to watch even though I root against him. Give credit where credit is due. He's what 23 and could immediately play at the next level. He will be gone after this year.

He's a terrific college player. Will make a good living, in his native Austria. JK

zag buddy
02-26-2017, 11:15 AM
My words can be discounted a little since I walk through life with my rose colored glasses on. It doesn't make me accurate but it does make me fun to be around.

bartruff1
02-26-2017, 11:21 AM
I am with Jazz on this one. Great game by Mika, but not a top 5 pick in the draft not even close.

He may get a cup of coffee in the NBA....those guys are freak athletes ...different game...

How many NBA players has BYU had since Ainge ??? China doesn't count...

Jstock12
02-26-2017, 11:38 AM

From a biased homer of Sabonis, to a biased homer of Mika - Sabonis is 20 (still at this moment, while starting every single NBA game in his rookie year), Mika is 22. Sabonis shot respectively 66.8% and 61.1% in his both seasons at Gonzaga, while Mika 52.8% and 52.7%. Sabonis was 5/14 from downtown in his second year, Mika is 0/1. I don't know where you're getting this better shooting touch from. :)

Again, just a friendly reminder from one homer to another :)

Ezag
02-26-2017, 11:55 AM
I will always root against mika

Martin Centre Mad Man
02-26-2017, 01:47 PM
Mika is a very good college player, but I don't think he is NBA ready. He's got a nice motor and a great nose for the ball. He finishes well near the rim and can hit mid-range jumpers when open. I think he has the same problem that limited Casey Calvary and Elias Harris. He is too short to play his style of game against NBA big men. He is a true center playing at only 6' 10". There aren't many of those guys in the League. Players that size need to be able to hit outside shots and score off the dribble. He would be wise to stay in school for another season to develop those skills. If he can improve those aspects of his game, he'll get a chance. If not, he'll make six figures in the international leagues.

thespywhozaggedme
02-26-2017, 02:19 PM
He's a very skilled big man. There is a place on an NBA roster for those types of players.

Section 116
02-26-2017, 03:08 PM
Zags11 and others: You can see Mika's flagrant foul here and an elbow to the chin of Karnowski as well:

http://www.slipperstillfits.com/2017/2/26/14743214/gonzaga-bulldogs-byu-cougars-upset-eric-mika-hate-forever

UberZagFan
02-26-2017, 04:43 PM
More proof the green stuff is legal...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

CdAZagFan
02-26-2017, 05:31 PM
Zags11 and others: You can see Mika's flagrant foul here and an elbow to the chin of Karnowski as well:

http://www.slipperstillfits.com/2017/2/26/14743214/gonzaga-bulldogs-byu-cougars-upset-eric-mika-hate-forever

Great link, thanks. Could have really hurt Shem's shoulder on that flagrant, and the spin move with elbow to the chin could have been called an offensive foul (since he went into Shem).

Mika's a good athlete, but does he really need to flop so much? You'd think he was hit by a semi about 3-4 times a game the way he flops. That will be a great asset in the European league...

katman50
02-26-2017, 06:09 PM
As someone else pointed out. Mika is BYU's version of Sabonis. Maybe his percentages aren't as good, but the kid is a warrior. And has a lot of heart. Mark my words, he will play in the NBA. He totally schooled the Zags. Sad to say.

btzag
02-26-2017, 06:14 PM

Was just thinking earlier in the game that he was the one BYU player who plays hard but not dirty...and then the rest of the game happened. Have to say lost some respect for him for his antics last night. Not needed at all, reminded me of draymond green stuff.

Zagsker
02-26-2017, 07:17 PM

I hope you are not implying the elbow was anything other than a basketball move

zagsfanforlife
02-26-2017, 07:33 PM
Do you guys remember this summer when Mika was going to transfer to Gonzaga? :lmao:

Zagceo
02-26-2017, 07:34 PM
Do you guys remember this summer when Mika was going to transfer to Gonzaga? :lmao:

No.

zagsfanforlife
02-26-2017, 07:35 PM
No.

gotta pay more attention to the summer rumor mill young man.

zagsfanforlife
02-26-2017, 07:38 PM
Speaking of summer transfers... Rodney Pryor would sure have been a nice player at the 3 position. 18.2 ppg for georgetown. I was pretty bummed when that didnt work out. Not sure who would have been a better fit between him or JMatt, but that question we will never know the answer to. MAtthews has been solid

Zagceo
02-26-2017, 07:54 PM

you believed Mika was going to transfer to Gonzaga?

gonzagafan62
02-26-2017, 07:54 PM
Speaking of summer transfers... Rodney Pryor would sure have been a nice player at the 3 position. 18.2 ppg for georgetown. I was pretty bummed when that didnt work out. Not sure who would have been a better fit between him or JMatt, but that question we will never know the answer to. MAtthews has been solid

I remember in the summer when Pryor said he was going to make the final four on his twitter. Yup that's working out :)

bartruff1
02-26-2017, 08:01 PM
I don't care much about the NBA but I have seen a few mock drafts that have Collins and Landale on them...is Mika on any of these projections ???

zagsfanforlife
02-26-2017, 08:07 PM
you believed Mika was going to transfer to Gonzaga?

No but one poster kept telling us how he was hearing rumors that he was

Zagceo
02-26-2017, 08:11 PM

No but one poster kept telling us how he was hearing rumors that he was

I heard the "rumors" but never believed he was going to transfer to Gonzaga.

zagsfanforlife
02-26-2017, 08:42 PM
I heard the "rumors" but never believed he was going to transfer to Gonzaga.

Did you ever hear a rumor of this word "sarcasm" becoming a part of the Websters dictionary?

Outraged
02-26-2017, 09:07 PM
I have to admit MIka is a beast. Very good with great NBA potential. But he is not a classy player and he can maybe get away with it for one game but not two. BYU does play dirty and as in most years it will come around to hurt them.

DixieZag
02-27-2017, 01:22 AM
It would be great if he went pro (he's already 21-22? Somewhere in there). That team will get more and more difficult to handle.

And, Kafusi looks ready to get paid, too. When's the UFC draft?

bartruff1
02-27-2017, 06:05 AM
I hope he stays because he is so much fun to watch and Gonzaga needs all the competition the WCC can provide....

I have been hearing about how good BYU is...... or is going to be.... for years.... and it never pans out...sad. ;)

JPtheBeasta
02-27-2017, 06:36 AM
If Mika is going to play in the NBA he will need to learn to play defense without putting both hands on his man in the post. In games other than Saturday's, that is an automatic foul call.

Zagsker
02-27-2017, 06:40 AM
If Mika is going to play in the NBA he will need to learn to play defense without putting both hands on his man in the post. In games other than Saturday's, that is an automatic foul call.

Not one to generally point out officiating but Mika was double arm barring, pushing, etc anytime Shem got the ball in the block and no calls....but then another one of their guys does a tic Tac bar on, I bekieve it was a NWG and 1, and they call it

JPtheBeasta
02-27-2017, 06:48 AM
Not one to generally point out officiating but Mika was double arm barring, pushing, etc anytime Shem got the ball in the block and no calls....but then another one of their guys does a tic Tac bar on, I bekieve it was a NWG and 1, and they call it

+1

I think Mika's first foul might have been the flagrant one.

U Zig, I Zag
02-27-2017, 07:03 AM
Mika's issue is that he looks like 'generic bad guy' circa-any 80's movie. Kobra Kai, Dolf, a kid that gives up the location of the other kids in Red Dawn, etc. But to be clear, he's a warrior. Got a good motor and for whatever reason has GUs number in Spokane.

EEzag
02-27-2017, 07:21 AM
Mika's issue is that he looks like 'generic bad guy' circa-any 80's movie. Kobra Kai, Dolf, a kid that gives up the location of the other kids in Red Dawn, etc. But to be clear, he's a warrior. Got a good motor and for whatever reason has GUs number in Spokane.

LOL So many 80's villians...so little time. Honestly, he isn't as easy to dislike as Omar Hamsandwich was.

bartruff1
02-27-2017, 07:26 AM

Fake News, sad....