View Full Version : WCC Tourney Bracket - MBB

U Zig, I Zag
02-26-2017, 08:36 AM
So what's the bracket look like?

RenoZag
02-26-2017, 08:41 AM
So what's the bracket look like?

Here's a link to a completed WCC bracket:

https://wcc-platform-secure-prod.silverchalice.co/v3/files/58b31194e4b06d74644fa251

Cheers !

Zagger
02-26-2017, 08:42 AM
I hope the Zags get to kick BYU butt - I personally have zip interest in the rest of the bracket.
Go Zags!

Zagdawg
02-26-2017, 09:05 AM
We get winner of Pacific/Portland ---then the winner of San Francisco/Santa Clara -then either BYU or St Marys (if the seeds play out and there are not upsets).

caduceus
02-26-2017, 01:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Ny7l3SY.png

U Zig, I Zag
02-26-2017, 03:35 PM
Thanks guys. I hope we play our worst matchups all the way through.

gonzagafan62
02-26-2017, 03:43 PM
OK. Disaapontment has worn off. Looking to Saturday. Hope springs eternal. Dream is still alive. Go damn zags!

MDABE80
02-26-2017, 03:51 PM
Nothing would be better than to crush BYU by 25 pts. Avenging the loss is key. We're now keeping our no 1 seed on CBS and ESPN. If we win this tournament as we should, look for a return to no 1 in polls prior to the NCAA. 6 games......1 or 2 seed is important to our path.

Game plan for MIKA is critical. We just didn't play defense last night. We'll need to be tougher. I'm sure we will be. No 1 defense letting those guys put up 79 pts is crazy.

CdAZagFan
02-26-2017, 05:34 PM
Nothing would be better than to crush BYU by 25 pts. Avenging the loss is key. We're now keeping our no 1 seed on CBS and ESPN. If we win this tournament as we should, look for a return to no 1 in polls prior to the NCAA. 6 games......1 or 2 seed is important to our path.

Game plan for MIKA is critical. We just didn't play defense last night. We'll need to be tougher. I'm sure we will be. No 1 defense letting those guys put up 79 pts is crazy.

Don't think BYU makes it past St. Mary's...

scott257
02-26-2017, 05:59 PM
Don't think BYU makes it past St. Mary's...

Totally agree. Actually not sure BYU makes it past the winner of San Diego-Portland game. They have played down more than a few times this season.

SunDevilGolfZag
02-26-2017, 06:06 PM
Totally agree. Actually not sure BYU makes it past the winner of San Diego-Portland game. They have played down more than a few times this season.

Bashing BYU on this board seems to be back firing these days. We should win the WCC Tourney. But what if BYU is finally on a roll and pulls the upset? The WCC would have three teams that could conceivably get to the sweet 16, although the Committee probably wouldn't allow us 3 teams.

Zags11
02-26-2017, 08:14 PM
It will be zags vs BYU in title gm. It will be physical.

BYU has all the confidence now and I think they beat smc by 10.

WallaWallaZag
02-27-2017, 04:29 AM
It will be zags vs BYU in title gm. It will be physical.

BYU has all the confidence now and I think they beat smc by 10.

smc's slow it down game is byu kryptonite...just not a good match up for byu...just like louisville can't beat virginia.

TexasZagFan
02-27-2017, 04:32 AM
Bashing BYU on this board seems to be back firing these days. We should win the WCC Tourney. But what if BYU is finally on a roll and pulls the upset? The WCC would have three teams that could conceivably get to the sweet 16, although the Committee probably wouldn't allow us 3 teams.

If SMC doesn't make it to the championship game, and BYU gets the auto bid, SMC is heading to the NIT. No bias, just reality, WCC gets two bids, tops.

bartruff1
02-27-2017, 06:00 AM
SF is not chopped liver.....I suspect Smith will be the coach of the year in the WCC...I can't imagine that the WCC will have 3 bids under any circumstances .... very much looking forward to the Tournament, lots of story lines...

Zags11
02-27-2017, 06:41 AM
smc's slow it down game is byu kryptonite...just not a good match up for byu...just like louisville can't beat virginia.

Very much true. I just think BYU will have so much confidence.

ProVeeZag
02-27-2017, 09:02 AM

BYU losing to either San Diego or Portland at this point of the season in Vegas is a s-t-r-e-t-c-h. The more likely outcome is they beat either of these teams by 15 to 20 points. Cougars are playing their best ball of the season right now, when it counts. (I don't like them any more than you do, but trying to stay real.)

scott257
02-27-2017, 10:32 AM

Hardly think it is bashing to point out the truth. They lost to San Diego once already, they lost to Pepperdine, and they lost to Santa Clara. I don't think it is a lock that they get past their first game.

U Zig, I Zag
02-27-2017, 11:29 AM
It's BYU. They could lose their first (any only) WCC tourney game by 15.

bartruff1
02-27-2017, 02:00 PM
Our bashing of BYU is the primary reason they have already lost 10 games....including 6 (SIX !!!) in the WCC.....it is working, don't let up now...karma...

whatazag
02-27-2017, 02:17 PM
Just glad we won't be playing LMU and risking losing several guys to injury before the NCAAs.

gonzagafan62
02-27-2017, 03:02 PM
If SMC doesn't make it to the championship game, and BYU gets the auto bid, SMC is heading to the NIT. No bias, just reality, WCC gets two bids, tops.

Everyone is saying SMC is a lock right now. Don't think I've seen that outside of 2012..... they're in regardless ... the drop off between them and the rest of the bubble is a huge gap

Zag_Dad
02-27-2017, 03:18 PM
Everyone is saying SMC is a lock right now. Don't think I've seen that outside of 2012..... they're in regardless ... the drop off between them and the rest of the bubble is a huge gap

I agree that the prognosticators are calling SMC a "lock" but I have to think this is based on the assumption that either GU or SMC wins the WCC tournament. If BYU were to win (thus beating SMC in the semi-final round and GU in the championship) ... is SMC really a "lock" under that scenario? Three WCC teams in the tournament? That just seems unlikely.

I hope we don't have to find out whether it could happen.

SunDevilGolfZag
02-27-2017, 06:14 PM
Hardly think it is bashing to point out the truth. They lost to San Diego once already, they lost to Pepperdine, and they lost to Santa Clara. I don't think it is a lock that they get past their first game.

My definition of bashing was the "no way we lose to them" posts before Saturday's game. The cute little newspaper leak didn't help either

scott257
02-27-2017, 06:26 PM
My definition of bashing was the "no way we lose to them" posts before Saturday's game. The cute little newspaper leak didn't help either

Pretty sure you won't find a post from me prior to the game that said that so I am not sure who you are quoting. I do agree that the newspaper item was just fuel for the fire.

willandi
03-03-2017, 06:05 PM
bump to page 1