PDA

View Full Version : Perspective

Spike94
02-25-2017, 09:21 PM
Ok. It hurts. I am REALLY disappointed. The Refs treatment of Mika sucked, but didn't lose us the game. But lets truly think about this. We are 29-1. 29 and flipping ONE. That is awesome. I don't care that we are getting a number 2 seed now. Doesn't matter. UCLA was the 2 out west and now will be the 1. We will be the 2. We will still go to SLC. Still go to San Jose. And, hopefully, still go to AZ. But instead of a 16 we play a 15, instead of and 8 we play a 7. And instead of a 4 we play a 3. We are REALLY good and we should beat any and all of them. If we don't it will be our own fault, just like tonight, not our seeds. Let's not be spoiled. We are having such a great season. It makes me proud to be an alum.

MontanaCoyote
02-25-2017, 09:46 PM
Ok. It hurts. I am REALLY disappointed. The Refs treatment of Mika sucked, but didn't lose us the game. But lets truly think about this. We are 29-1. 29 and flipping ONE. That is awesome. I don't care that we are getting a number 2 seed now. Doesn't matter. UCLA was the 2 out west and now will be the 1. We will be the 2. We will still go to SLC. Still go to San Jose. And, hopefully, still go to AZ. But instead of a 16 we play a 15, instead of and 8 we play a 7. And instead of a 4 we play a 3. We are REALLY good and we should beat any and all of them. If we don't it will be our own fault, just like tonight, not our seeds. Let's not be spoiled. We are having such a great season. It makes me proud to be an alum.

Same deal if we win the WCC tourney and UCLA doesn't win the PAC 12 tourney?

Spike94
02-25-2017, 09:48 PM
Same deal if we win the WCC tourney and UCLA doesn't win the PAC 12 tourney?

I think we are pretty much stuck at #2. If UCLA doesn't win then Oregon or Arizona will and they will take the #1. UCLA would drop. I don't think the committee would put the PAC 12 top 2 teams in the same region. Just my uneducated guess.

maynard g krebs
02-25-2017, 09:54 PM
I think we are pretty much stuck at #2. If UCLA doesn't win then Oregon or Arizona will and they will take the #1. UCLA would drop. I don't think the committee would put the PAC 12 top 2 teams in the same region. Just my uneducated guess.

Where have you seen that UCLA was 2 in the west? They are in third place in their league, and had a really weak non conference. Maybe if they beat Oregon and Arizona in the pac tourney, but as of now I'd think Oregon is still ahead of them, and maybe Arizona. Basically it seems to come down to who wins pac tourney imo.