PDA

View Full Version : Gonzaga is #1 on the BPI ranking system.

Reborn
02-24-2017, 07:48 AM
I love it too, 'cause imo it's the very best ranking system, along with Ken Pom Villanova has held on to the #1 position most of the year. In the last month or so, when GU has been ranked #1 in both the AP and Coaches polls, Gonzaga was hanging around the 3rd or 4th position on BPI. Now that i see Gonzaga in the #1 place I feel more comfortable arguing that the ZAGS SHOULD BE THE TOP #1 SEED in the NCAA tournament.

Ezag
02-24-2017, 07:53 AM
Yea this is a pretty cool ride we're all on

DixieZag
02-24-2017, 08:04 AM
From the days in 2003 (?) when we were the 3rd ranked team given a 6th seed in New Mexico, to ranked 1 but also top Kenpom and BPI.

What a trip.

jpn17
02-24-2017, 08:16 AM
I love it too, 'cause imo it's the very best ranking system, along with Ken Pom Villanova has held on to the #1 position most of the year. In the last month or so, when GU has been ranked #1 in both the AP and Coaches polls, Gonzaga was hanging around the 3rd or 4th position on BPI. Now that i see Gonzaga in the #1 place I feel more comfortable arguing that the ZAGS SHOULD BE THE TOP #1 SEED in the NCAA tournament.

I agree, unfortunately the committee seems to rely most heavily on the antiquated RPI, which has Gonzaga around 9th.

Mr Vulture
02-24-2017, 09:10 AM
Sadly they use the RPI, which completely overrates SOS and doesn't focus on actually winning games. That system is way outdated but I think they also look at other things like KenPom in the room. Bottom line is if we win out, we are easily a #1 seed and most likely the overall #1 seed unless Kansas or UNC were to win out.