PDA

View Full Version : Nigel as a Wooden Award Winner

MDABE80
02-23-2017, 09:39 PM
Ahead of Nigel is Mason (KY), Ball (UCLA), Swanigan (Purdue) and Hart (Nova) or so says ESPN.
Just a thought but if he stays, he could easily be the frontrunner and possible winner next season. All those other will be gone.
I love the kid and wish him the best. He's done such a complete job for us this year. He'll (once again) have to spiff his 3 pt shooting in the offseason. Sound like he's the hardest worker on the team.

Maybe not the best shooter of the PG's we've had but I do think he's out best all around PG we've had in 25 years.......maybe ever.
I'm think of reasons he might stay. Draft looks heavy in guards. If he leaves, we sure had a dandy. Josh, Silas and Nigel. Sensational front court.

cggonzaga
02-23-2017, 10:34 PM
He'll (once again) have to spiff his 3 pt shooting in the offseason.

Not really sure what you're talking about but I think you're suggesting he needs to improve from 3pt range? The guy is shooting 37% this year. Would it be nice if he shot 40%? Sure. He's hardly a poor 3pt shooter though.

MDABE80
02-23-2017, 10:37 PM
He needs work. He's dropped quite a bit from the first half of the season. Eveyrthing else is ticking up.

cggonzaga
02-23-2017, 11:01 PM
He needs work. He's dropped quite a bit from the first half of the season. Eveyrthing else is ticking up.

Fair point.

Zags_Fanatic
02-23-2017, 11:59 PM
His goal of 1st team AA and Academic AA is looking very realistic at this point in the season. Would love to see him follow Dickau and Olynyk on the Bill Walton Express. Having 3 different players accomplish that speaks volumes about the program and would be unprecedented in NCAA history.

ZagaZags
02-24-2017, 01:48 AM
Anyone who has met NWG will agree with me when I say, what a great person. I hope it's still ok to say "Zag material"

bartruff1
02-24-2017, 05:56 AM
I don't recall a guard that was better finisher at the rim at GU...among his other skills....I think he stays, for his own reasons..

ZagMan in Philly
03-26-2017, 01:14 AM
Ahead of Nigel is Mason (KY), Ball (UCLA), Swanigan (Purdue) and Hart (Nova) or so says ESPN.
Just a thought but if he stays, he could easily be the frontrunner and possible winner next season. All those other will be gone.
I love the kid and wish him the best. He's done such a complete job for us this year. He'll (once again) have to spiff his 3 pt shooting in the offseason. Sound like he's the hardest worker on the team.

Maybe not the best shooter of the PG's we've had but I do think he's out best all around PG we've had in 25 years.......maybe ever.
I'm think of reasons he might stay. Draft looks heavy in guards. If he leaves, we sure had a dandy. Josh, Silas and Nigel. Sensational front court.

Nigel is the only one left on the top 5 list that is still playing.
He has a good chance to win the POY, if he can lead Zags to the NCAA Title.
Go Nigel, Go Zags!!