• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Section 116
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Post game radio GU-USD

Final 96-38. 44 points in the first half, 52 in the second. GU dominated in every category. JW3 14 points, 19 rebounds. USD as a team had 20 rebounds. GU now outright champs in the WCC. JW3 did his stuff in 26 minutes. GU shot 66% for the game, a new season high. Final second largest margin in history. GU heads home for BYU with one game standing in the way of history. Perkins and Mathews with 15, I think I said Perkins had 16 in the game thread. Mathews 3-6 from three which is good. Williams and NWG with 14. Collins with 12.

Lloyd: Our guys have done an amazing job all season adhering to the game plan. OUr guys deserve all the credit, the really played great. They got us in a couple double teams early which led to some turnovers, but we went something like 20 minutes without another one. JW3 is doing an amazing job. We met with Perkins and Mathews and told them for us to get where we want to go you guys have to play better and to their credit they did tonight. We told Perkins to be more focused and agressive and tonight he was. It would be an amazing accomplishment to beat BYU and finish 30-0. What I noticed looking at the tape( I gotta believe he was well aware of this) was BYU beat us the last two years on our court and we don't want that to happen again. WE have a chance to make history on Saturday and we would like to make that happen.

Hudson and Santangelo: What a night for JW3, he was like a vacuum on the boards. It's a good thing USD students got the ovrerated chants out early. It was good for Perkins to play so well and get his confidence going again. JW3 had good post moves, and scored in transistion, the one thing he won't be happy with is 2-6 from the line, everything else was roses for him tonight. NWG 14 points, 6 rebounds 5 assists. Perkins, Mathews, NWG 9-16 from three. GU started subbing everyone when it was 77-33. Leading three point shooter in WCC play for GU is Melson at 51%. No slippage in the game when the bench players were in tonight.

GU hit 33 of their last 46 field goal attempts. USD only 24% from the floor. GU shot nearly as well from three as they did from the line: 52% from three, 52.9% from the free throw line. By the way power went out in the gym at Pepperdine delaying that game for a while so it was a weird night in the WCC,
    Last edited by Section 116; 02-23-2017, 08:14 PM. Reason: added content
  • MontanaCoyote
    Zag for Life
    • Dec 2015

.529 from the line. Shoot that against top flight competition and I think your likely to lose.

Comment

• Akzag
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Always appreciated ... Thank you.
      So many brackets, so little time.

Comment

• bballbeachbum
        Zag for Life
        • Dec 2008

great job on the game thread tonight, appreciated

Comment

• SWZag
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

GU hit 33 of their last 46 field goal attempts.
          That is stellar, nearly unheard of I would think.

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Comment

• Reborn
            Zag for Life
            • Oct 2007

CONGRATS to our boys. WCC champions!!! One heck of a game. Way to win the conference championship by playing a near perfect game. One thing I love about this team is that have never let up all season long. I believe the team is playing their best basketball right now, and it's a great time of year to be doing that...

Go Zags!!!
            Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

Working...
            X