PDA

View Full Version : OT - Ten Year Anniversary Of George Mason's run to the final 4

CDC84
02-20-2017, 07:43 PM
A little 7:28 minute, inspirational documentary that CBS put together. To me, this has to be one of the two to three most amazing runs in tourney history. From the play in game (and a huge tirade from Billy Packer about why GMU didn't deserve to be in the tournament) to the national semifinal game against, unfortunately, one of the best college basketball teams of the past 30 years.

I will never, ever, forget seeing Roy Williams, Tom Izzo and Jim Calhoun all being interviewed on a CBS set at the same time during the final 4. GMU had taken down all three legendary coaches. It was truly a stunning run. I kept expecting the interviewer to say, "Do you have any final words to say before your respective fan bases tar and feather you out of the arena?" All three coaches had shameful looks on their faces as if they had been punished for crimes against humanity or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0HQdu61nrU

GonzagasaurusFlex
02-21-2017, 03:35 AM
A little 7:28 minute, inspirational documentary that CBS put together. To me, this has to be one of the two to three most amazing runs in tourney history. From the play in game (and a huge tirade from Billy Packer about why GMU didn't deserve to be in the tournament) to the national semifinal game against, unfortunately, one of the best college basketball teams of the past 30 years.

I will never, ever, forget seeing Roy Williams, Tom Izzo and Jim Calhoun all being interviewed on a CBS set at the same time during the final 4. GMU had taken down all three legendary coaches. It was truly a stunning run. I kept expecting the interviewer to say, "Do you have any final words to say before your respective fan bases tar and feather you out of the arena?" All three coaches had shameful looks on their faces as if they had been punished for crimes against humanity or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0HQdu61nrU

Thanks for posting this CDC; I look forward to watching it. Larranaga's Miami team got a huge win at Virginia last night, without their starting PG, likely securing them an NCAA bid. Announcer pointed out that despite identical records - ACC and overall -prior to last nights game and similar SOS, Miami unranked and getting same number of votes in polls as Monmouth while UVA ranked #12. Miami gets no respect; I hope they make noise in tourney (away from Zags bracket).