PDA

View Full Version : GU-USF: Just a few radio comments I recall

Section 116
02-16-2017, 08:03 PM
Radio comments: First time in NCAA history a team has won 15 straight regular season games by 10 or more points-Santangelo. Tommy Lloyd: Early in the first half there was an out of bounds ball right in front of our bench and none of our guys went after it. That's how we were playing early in the game. We are a blue collar team and we're supposed to go after those balls and we addressed that at the half. We didn't change a thing defensively in the second half, the guys just came out and followed the game plan. USF I believe shot over 50% in the first half, GU held them to 23.5% in the second. Karnowski used the whole rim but finished 9-10 from the free throw line, how about that Lloyd says. Collins: We really miss Tillie but we knew the three of us (Shem, JW3 and me) were just going to have to step it up. The coaches really called us out at the half and told us to be rim protectors like we are supposed to be so we did. Lloyd: JW3 didn't have a great night offensively but he did pull down 11 rebounds and had a couple block. Hudson and Santangelo wondered why USF's Boyce who had 10 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists and 2 steals only got 13 minutes of playing time. They said with a line like that whey wouldn't he be on the floor longer?

TerpZag
02-16-2017, 08:17 PM
Thanks Section 116...

Zags11
02-16-2017, 08:19 PM
Thx

ProVeeZag
02-16-2017, 09:09 PM
Radio comments: First time in NCAA history a team has won 15 straight regular season games by 10 or more points-Santangelo.

This doesn't sound right ... maybe Matt said it, but still, really?!??

Section 116
02-17-2017, 10:25 AM
Proveezag, it didn't sound right to me either but I'm fairly certain, but not positive, that is what he said. I remember Hudson said it was notable or whatever word he used that Matt came up with that stat so rapidly after the game (unless he had researched ahead of time) and I don't know how much time one would have to spend to research it. I might mess around in the NCAA records site when I get some time to see if I can verify what I posted.

Section 116
02-18-2017, 07:16 AM
ProVeeZag and others per Jim Meehan, an update: Zags are the first team in the last 20 years to win 15 consecutive conference games within one season by double digits. Regarding my above statement per Santangelo, either I heard him wrong or he misspoke. In any case the statement I made is corrected!

gonzagafan62
02-18-2017, 07:32 AM
Thanks for the recap 116