PDA

View Full Version : Next challenge....Will we get past senior night?

Outraged
02-13-2017, 07:50 PM
I know we have all been inhaling during this season especially after the roller coaster of last season but will senior night be a reason to exhale this year. I dont know but in years past we got a little too full of ourselfs and flopped on senior night. Basketball is an emotional and psycological game. Anything can happen.

RenoZag
02-13-2017, 08:00 PM
According to the world-renown "GoZagsWooHoo Schedule of Destiny," the next test is San Francisco. . .

Zags11
02-13-2017, 08:40 PM
One game at a time for me. Simply cuz this team and season has a quality that we may not see for a long time. Plus I'm enjoying this group! From jw3 to karno to nwg to Nelson to perks and so on.

Zagger
02-14-2017, 04:05 AM
And primates soar out my derrière.

TexasZagFan
02-14-2017, 05:01 AM
One game at a time for me. Simply cuz this team and season has a quality that we may not see for a long time. Plus I'm enjoying this group! From jw3 to karno to nwg to Nelson to perks and so on.

Agreed. IMHO, this is a season we as Zag fans have NEVER seen. Each game should be savored for full measure, just like a bottle of 1976 Mosel Riesling Trockenbeerenauslese, full bottles are selling for as little as $4500 each. And to think I was able to buy it for about $25 a bottle during my first year in Germany. Unfortunately, I was making $666 per month, pre-tax at the time.

Zags11
02-14-2017, 07:07 AM
Agreed. IMHO, this is a season we as Zag fans have NEVER seen. Each game should be savored for full measure, just like a bottle of 1976 Mosel Riesling Trockenbeerenauslese, full bottles are selling for as little as $4500 each. And to think I was able to buy it for about $25 a bottle during my first year in Germany. Unfortunately, I was making $666 per month, pre-tax at the time.

Too bad you didn't buy a truck load. :)

Birddog
02-14-2017, 07:20 AM

Isn't that about the same quality as "Blue Nun"?

CDC84
02-14-2017, 07:22 AM
It would not be fun to end the unbeaten season on senior night. It's best just to take it one game at a time so that the team doesn't lose its edge.

TexasZagFan
02-14-2017, 07:25 AM
Too bad you didn't buy a truck load. :)

Hell, I would have drunk it all by now. lol

It's actually very sweet: here's a pic of the grapes used in producing TBA:

https://allgrapes.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads%2F1426616451153-Photograph+Germany+-+Botrytisized+grapes+for+a+Trockenbeerenauslese.jp g

Way O/T (apologies), but last weekend I was watching a Smithsonian show on "Hitler's Last Day". The bottle of wine pictured at his last meal was a bottle of Piesporter Goldtropfchen Auslese, current vintages are easily attainable in most liquor stores. That stuff is pretty sweet, too, but nothing like TBA. Depending on the year, it will cost between $15-$25.

CDC84
02-14-2017, 07:40 AM
Piesporter Goldtropfchen Auslese

Imagine just trying to say that after drinking a bottle of that wine.

TexasZagFan
02-14-2017, 07:51 AM
Imagine just trying to say that after drinking a bottle of that wine.

Probably two, CDC. Alcohol content for that wine usually ranges between 8-9%. I didn't pay too much attention to that in my younger days. Now it makes sense why 3 bottles was my norm at local winefests. Four (bottles) gave me a hangover, but it was well worth it. Four years at GU superbly prepared me for life in Germany. lol, but that was long ago. From what I've heard, that part of the "Gonzaga Experience" has been toned down.

MontanaCoyote
02-14-2017, 08:08 AM
Probably two, CDC. Alcohol content for that wine usually ranges between 8-9%. I didn't pay too much attention to that in my younger days. Now it makes sense why 3 bottles was my norm at local winefests. Four (bottles) gave me a hangover, but it was well worth it. Four years at GU superbly prepared me for life in Germany. lol, but that was long ago. From what I've heard, that part of the "Gonzaga Experience" has been toned down.

Hey, TZF, Drink all the wine you want, but don't forget to get your share of Germany pastries and baked goods on your upcoming trip. That's Naegelin's Bakery, 129 S. Sequin Ave. in old town New Braufels.

Your Montana travel agent, the Montana Coyote.

TexasZagFan
02-14-2017, 08:29 AM
Hey, TZF, Drink all the wine you want, but don't forget to get your share of Germany pastries and baked goods on your upcoming trip. That's Naegelin's Bakery, 129 S. Sequin Ave. in old town New Braufels.

Your Montana travel agent, the Montana Coyote.

Thanks for the tip! There's also that Czech bakery off I-35 in West. "Opa's Summer Sausage" is my favorite, and not just because I'm an Opa.

At Naegelin's, I'll be looking for classic brotchen.

ETA: near the TX-OU border is the town of Muenster, about 10 miles west of I-35. Has a great German grocery store and bakery.

Gonzdb8
02-14-2017, 08:50 AM
According to the world-renown "GoZagsWooHoo Schedule of Destiny," the next test is San Francisco. . .

whew...thanks for pointing that out. i'd hate for our players and coaches to lose focus because fans on a message board were discussing a game that was happening two weeks from now. you'd think posters would know better.

amaronizag
02-14-2017, 09:00 AM
Hey TX, I love Rieslings and the regions where they are produced. I drink lots from Germany and Austria and think they are the best value in quality for price in the world. In fact, I cracked a bottle of 2005 Dr. Thanisch Bernkastler Doktor Riesling Spatlese last night and will finish it tonight when I return from a Valentines dinner with the Mrs.

TexasZagFan
02-14-2017, 09:51 AM
Hey TX, I love Rieslings and the regions where they are produced. I drink lots from Germany and Austria and think they are the best value in quality for price in the world. In fact, I cracked a bottle of 2005 Dr. Thanisch Bernkastler Doktor Riesling Spatlese last night and will finish it tonight when I return from a Valentines dinner with the Mrs.

Check your inbox

zagdontzig
02-14-2017, 10:21 AM

San Francisco is just as good away as they are at home (.666 as compared to .700). I view them as more of a threat than BYU... And the whole one-game-at-a-time thing.

seacatfan
02-14-2017, 11:03 AM
Um...USF just got beat by BYU by 16 @ USF. Lost by 20 @ SMC 3 weeks ago. Why in the world would anyone view them as a legit threat? They played GU fairly tough @ USF but this next game should not be a problem. If it is then GU isn't as good as we all think they are.