PDA

View Full Version : Bench High Scorer?

Zagger
02-13-2017, 02:34 PM
The Zags have 4 games left before Vegas. I've got the feeling that Melson, Collins or Tillie could end up being the high scoring Zag in one of the 4 games. Melson dang near shot 100% on Saturday. Collins did well too and Tillie could be all healed up and raring to go either this week or next. Since 3 of the 4 games are at home I think there's more of a chance Zags off the bench could see more court time - than in away games. The one away game left is San Diego and ..... the Toreros sure are not doing well at 11-15 thus far this season (although they did beat BYU). It could be a good time for the full rotation (plus Alberts and Jones) to get more floor time in practice for possible NCAA needs. If I had to choose between Melson, Collins and Tillie to score the most total points in the next 4 games I'd pick Melson. Melson's gotten much more foul conscious and both Collins and Tillie are iffy on the fouling end of things (limiting their court time). Since the Zags do share around the high scoring honors a bit I think M, C or T definitely have a chance at putting up some serious points - made even as the high scoring Zag.

seacatfan
02-13-2017, 03:55 PM
Collins can go on scoring binges during mop up duty before the walk ons enter the game, if he can stay out of foul trouble it wouldn't surprise me to see him be the leading scorer at least one of the remaining games.