PDA

View Full Version : Hudson and Few noon Monday radio show....

Section 116
02-13-2017, 11:47 AM
Because I remembered for a change! Hudson-Another big week for the Zags (I read elsewhere today the Zags are 39-9 vs. SMC in the Mark Few era) as they picked up a win in Moraga Saturday night. Zags play 3 of the last 4 at home, ending with BYU which Hudson said is scheduled for a 7pm tip.

Few: LMU what a physical game. We stepped up and made em pay. (regarding the free throws) Regarding LMU: We came in prepared for a physical game. We know they foul as much as anybody in the league. Nigel was back and he does whatever we need him to do, scoring, rebounding, whatever. It was interesting the LMU arena was not full for the #1 team coming to town. We did a nice job of coming out and taking care of business. JW3 had not been shooting free throws very well but he stepped up this weekend. When he plays like an athlete we go from being a pretty good team to being an elite level team.

Hudson, so much going in Moraga they really had that thing circled.

Few-It was something everybody had been pointing for, whether it's the media, friends, family whatever. Our guys stayed focused on the day to day tasks and never did look ahead to SMC. Our guys were up for that occassion and were in attack mode. Our guys didn't play great, but they played good enough. I think our lenghth and how we got through ball screens really bothered them. And then you have Karnowski, Collins, Williams and Tillie protecting the rim. Landale had a nice game but he earned all his buckets. We made it tough on him. Karnowski was really delivering, but to be honest with out all our bigs were delivering. Our guards did a nice job of recognizing and they got the ball to then bigs.

Hudson said Melson was kind of an unsung here and Few commented Melson was not an unsung hero that night. I hope people talk about him. He came and really delivered offensively and defensively he really guarded in those SMC ball screens. I think he had 30 plus minutes Saturday night and he played really really well.

Hudson said he was intrigued after the game the national media said he this GU team is for real, almost like they were waiting for the SMC game.

Few said I don't pay any attention to that. But what we accomplished in the last 10 days or whatever. We went in and beat BYU who isn't having a real good year but I don't know how many teams could have gone in there that night and do what we did. And then LMU and then with all the hype and whatnot to go and win at SMC. And you look at the teams we have beaten like Iowa St beating Kansas and Florida having a nice season, and Arizona having a nice run. Regarding USF it's pretty impressive what they have done with a young team and a new coach. They run that Princeton thing, and they have some real nice athletes. I'm glad we have a couple days to prepare. It is going to be nice to be home for an entire weekend. We haven't had one of those in a while.

Perkins: I'm good man thanks. LMU is a good team that we took care of pretty well. We didn't want to overlook them and look ahead to SMC. LMU was real physical but we knew it would be.

SMC is a high level game and it was hot in there, the temperature in there was unreal. We played in a hostile environment but we really liked it. I wish we could do it again. (including having Gameday there).

We don't care what the outside media says, we don't pay attention to that, we think we are as good as anybody. Regarding Naar and Rahon, they are really good, they understand how to orchestrate a pick and roll but I think Nigel and the guys were a little much for them.

Our defense is really good this year. We are cognizant of the record, 26-0, but we are not focused on that. We have other things in mind. GU recruits the right guys which is why we all get along so well together. We are not stuck on individual stats, we are focused on being a team. It's been a while since we have been home for a weekend and on one of the best courts in the country. You will see the same maturity and focus for the coming games as you did for SMC. We are not slacking up.

Zagceo
02-13-2017, 11:56 AM
Because I remembered for a change! Hudson-Another big week for the Zags (I read elsewhere today the Zags are 39-9 vs. SMC in the Mark Few era) as they picked up a win in Moraga Saturday night. Zags play 3 of the last 4 at home, ending with BYU which Hudson said is scheduled for a 7pm tip.

Few: LMU what a physical game. We stepped up and made em pay. (regarding the free throws) Regarding LMU: We came in prepared for a physical game. We know they foul as much as anybody in the league. Nigel was back and he does whatever we need him to do, scoring, rebounding, whatever. It was interesting the LMU arena was not full for the #1 team coming to town. We did a nice job of coming out and taking care of business. JW3 had not been shooting free throws very well but he stepped up this weekend. When he plays like an athlete we go from being a pretty good team to being an elite level team. Hudson, so much going in Moraga they really had that thing circled. Few-It was something everybody had been pointing for, whether it's the media, friends, family whatever. Our guys stayed focused on the day to day tasks and never did look ahead to SMC. Our guys were up for that occassion and were in attack mode. Our guys didn't play great, but they played good enough. I think our lenghth and how we got through ball screens really bothered them. And then you have Karnowski, Collins, Williams and Tillie protecting the rim. Landale had a nice game but he earned all his buckets. We made it tough on him. Karnowski was really delivering, but to be honest with out all our bigs were delivering. Our guards did a nice job of recognizing and they got the ball to then bigs. Hudson said Melson was kind of an unsung here and Few commented Melson was not an unsung hero that night. I hope people talk about him. He came and really delivered offensively and defensively he really guarded in those SMC ball screens. I think he had 30 plus minutes Saturday night and he played really really well. Hudson said he was intrigued after the game the national media said he this GU team is for real, almost like they were waiting for the SMC game. Few said I don't pay any attention to that. But what we accomplished in the last 10 days or whatever. We went in and beat BYU who isn't having a real good year but I don't know how many teams could have gone in there that night and do what we did. And then LMU and then with all the hype and whatnot to go and win at SMC. And you look at the teams we have beaten like Iowa St beating Kansas and Florida having a nice season, and Arizona having a nice run. Regarding USF it's pretty impressive what they have done with a young team and a new coach. They run that Princeton thing, and they have some real nice athletes. I'm glad we have a couple days to prepare. It is going to be nice to be home for an entire weekend. We haven't had one of those in a while.

Perkins: I'm good man thanks. LMU is a good team that we took care of pretty well. We didn't want to overlook them and look ahead to SMC. LMU was real physical but we knew it would be. SMC is a high level game and it was hot in there, the temperature in there was unreal. We played in a hostile environment but we really liked it. I wish we could do it again. (including having Gameday there). We don't care what the outside media says, we don't pay attention to that, we think we are as good as anybody. Regarding Naar and Rahon, they are really good, they understand how to orchestrate a pick and roll but I think Nigel and the guys were a little much for them. Our defense is really good this year. We are cognizant of the record, 26-0, but we are not focused on that. We have other things in mind. GU recruits the right guys which is why we all get along so well together. We are not stuck on individual stats, we are focused on being a team. It's been a while since we have been home for a weekend and on one of the best courts in the country. You will see the same maturity and focus for the coming games as you did for SMC. We are not slacking up.

Good to be on "the right guys" team.

Thanks 116

Goshzagit
02-13-2017, 11:59 AM
Terrific recap/report 116.

Thank you!

Speaking of LMU, anyone else very nervous about the prospect of playing them in Vegas?

On edge just thinking about the possibility...

The bush league way they play is a season ending injury waiting to happen.

Hope to avoid them more than any other team in WCC. Damn near hostile playing environment.

RenoZag
02-13-2017, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the transcript, Section 116.

sittingon50
02-13-2017, 12:44 PM
Thanks 116. Lot's of info.

Zagger
02-13-2017, 03:24 PM
Thanks 116 - "We are not slacking up" ..... could be some great bb this week and next!

FuManShoes
02-13-2017, 03:36 PM
Thanks a ton, 116!

Zags11
02-13-2017, 03:54 PM
Thx like always!

MontanaCoyote
02-13-2017, 04:31 PM
Thx like always!

Big DITTO from the Coyote.

GonzagasaurusFlex
02-13-2017, 06:04 PM
Thanks 116 - "We are not slacking up" ..... could be some great bb this week and next!

Yep. My favorite quote of the article too. Way to go Josh Perkins.
https://youtu.be/1k8craCGpgs

Ekrub
02-13-2017, 07:10 PM
Lmu a good team?

Outraged
02-13-2017, 07:58 PM
Domo Arigato!

JPtheBeasta
02-13-2017, 08:37 PM
Interesting tidbit from Perkins about SMC's gym being extra warm... could explain his off night a bit.

Zagceo
02-13-2017, 09:26 PM
Interesting tidbit from Perkins about SMC's gym being extra warm... could explain his off night a bit.

It's always hot.....don't believe they even have AC.

The place is so oversold that people are blocking all the doorways.

Still.....didn't slow our bigs down.

hondo
02-13-2017, 09:28 PM
SMC was up to their old tricks with the heat. They have been pulling this stuff for years.

WallaWallaZag
02-14-2017, 12:17 AM
SMC was up to their old tricks with the heat. They have been pulling this stuff for years.

hurts them more than zags...their two guards basically go 40 every night it seems.