PDA

View Full Version : Apologies to Reborn

PeninsulaDog
02-13-2017, 08:56 AM
Very longtime board member who visits here daily, but over the past few years has posted less and less. Several years ago, I posted something to the effect that despite the Zags' continued success, I did not believe they would ever win a national championship. In any given year, there were a handful (6-7) teams who were head-and-shoulders above the rest of the field, including the Zags. I have always considered betting futures to be the best predictor of success, far better than any polls or other power rankings, and usually there are several teams higher on this scale than Gonzaga. Today is a first, with futures reflecting the Zags in the top position. Never thought I would see this. Anyway, back to Reborn: When I opined that the Zags would never take a national title, he, with his inimitable, positive outlook on things responded that he was undaunted in his belief that Gonzaga could win it all. Today, I stand corrected, and I apologize to Reborn for doubting him -- not saying that Gonzaga will take it all, but it is actually possible. Reborn, I salute you sir -- you are a testament to the power of positive thinking!

kitzbuel
02-13-2017, 08:59 AM
That is a good thing to have to apologize about. I really hope you have to eat a bunch of crow on April 3!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

TexasZagFan
02-13-2017, 09:15 AM
Very longtime board member who visits here daily, but over the past few years has posted less and less. Several years ago, I posted something to the effect that despite the Zags' continued success, I did not believe they would ever win a national championship. In any given year, there were a handful (6-7) teams who were head-and-shoulders above the rest of the field, including the Zags. I have always considered betting futures to be the best predictor of success, far better than any polls or other power rankings, and usually there are several teams higher on this scale than Gonzaga. Today is a first, with futures reflecting the Zags in the top position. Never thought I would see this. Anyway, back to Reborn: When I opined that the Zags would never take a national title, he, with his inimitable, positive outlook on things responded that he was undaunted in his belief that Gonzaga could win it all. Today, I stand corrected, and I apologize to Reborn for doubting him -- not saying that Gonzaga will take it all, but it is actually possible. Reborn, I salute you sir -- you are a testament to the power of positive thinking!

http://img.memecdn.com/its-about-damn-time_o_972572.jpg

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder786/22727786.jpg

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder543/53263543.jpg

https://i.imgflip.com/mlbm5.jpg

GoZags
02-13-2017, 09:16 AM

Reborn. Da. Man.

MontanaCoyote
02-13-2017, 09:31 AM
Regulars noticing all our new found and long lost friends?

Reborn
02-13-2017, 09:54 AM
I appreciate your thoughtfulness, Peninsuladog. My dad gave me the book THE POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING. i was a good athlete in high school, and this was my dad's way of helping me. He gave me several other books to read too. My father wasn't much of a communication, maybe common for fathers in his generation, but the books that he left on my bed were invaluable. I have passed this on to my children, ballplayers I coached, and students and friends.

My positive attitude about Gonzaga goes beyond the act of positive thinking though. The book BRAVE HEART also played a big part. I could see, while reading the book, that Mark Few and his close friends had a vision and a plan when they came knocking at the door of Gonzaga University. I have been watching the plan unfold over the last 15 years or so. Finally I am a graduate of GU and as you probably knoe I played basketball there. My basketball days at GU ended abruptly AND in a pretty negative way, and i know that I hurt the team, and especially the coaches. Maybe giving myself so vehemently in my support for the Zags as a fan and member of this board has been a way of making amends for the pain I caused.

Being a participating member of this board over the tears has not been easy, neither for me or others that I sometimes fought with. Maybe by wrting less and less each year is also a way for me to make amends to fans here on this forum. I believe that the less I say, or write, the happier people are. As I've gotten older, I don't like fighting as much, so I have TRIED to learn that writing less is best. The only reason that I've continued to write here is because there have always been a few people who have appreciated, and maybe even liked some of the stuff I wrote. People like you, Peninsulafog..

TexasZagFan
02-13-2017, 10:07 AM
I appreciate your thoughtfulness, Peninsuladog. My dad gave me the book THE POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING. i was a good athlete in high school, and this was my dad's way of helping me. He gave me several other books to read too. My father wasn't much of a communication, maybe common for fathers in his generation, but the books that he left on my bed were invaluable. I have passed this on to my children, ballplayers I coached, and students and friends.

My positive attitude about Gonzaga goes beyond the act of positive thinking though. The book BRAVE HEART also played a big part. I could see, while reading the book, that Mark Few and his close friends had a vision and a plan when they came knocking at the door of Gonzaga University. I have been watching the plan unfold over the last 15 years or so. Finally I am a graduate of GU and as you probably knoe I played basketball there. My basketball days at GU ended abruptly AND in a pretty negative way, and i know that I hurt the team, and especially the coaches. Maybe giving myself so vehemently in my support for the Zags as a fan and member of this board has been a way of making amends for the pain I caused.

Being a participating member of this board over the tears has not been easy, neither for me or others that I sometimes fought with. Maybe by wrting less and less each year is also a way for me to make amends to fans here on this forum. I believe that the less I say, or write, the happier people are. As I've gotten older, I don't like fighting as much, so I have TRIED to learn that writing less is best. The only reason that I've continued to write here is because there have always been a few people who have appreciated, and maybe even liked some of the stuff I wrote. People like you, Peninsulafog..

You realize your PM is full? :enraged:

Reborn
02-13-2017, 10:19 AM
no

TexasZagFan
02-13-2017, 10:31 AM
no

Thanks!

ZagWhoShotLibertyValance
02-13-2017, 10:45 AM
. . . "over the tears" might be my favorite typo ever. Lots of smiles, some tears. Nice posts. A joy to read.

Reborn
02-13-2017, 11:14 AM
. . . "over the tears" might be my favorite typo ever. Lots of smiles, some tears. Nice posts. A joy to read.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA AHHHHHHHHH

So good to laggh, especially at ourdelves.....hHha hahu