• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reborn
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

Please wake me up if I'm dreaming.

Please tell me if I'm still on Earth because this really feels like Heaven.

The Zags did it, man. They ruined St Mary's dream and are still standing, undefeated at 26-0. They just fought their way through the biggest barrier to an undefeated regular season. It's Sunday. The day of rest. Resting is good for me today. I live alone and have lots of time to think about things I want to. AND TODAY I'm consumed by thoughts of the Zags winning last night and as a result are now 26-0. Yesterday was an unbelievable day, from the beginning of the morning watching Game Day to the end of the game as I watched the seconds tick off the clock, and the scoreboard read, VISITORS 74 Home 64. It was the best moment of the year so far, and somehow the excitement and joy that I felt in that moment has carried over into this very moment that I sit here plucking my way on this keyboard trying to express a feeling. COOL HUGH?

It's pretty darn cool what are boys have done. Pretty darn cool. It's Sunday a day of rest. It's my best chance to think about the game last night. Tomorrow it's back to work. I really just wanted to say one thing. Thank you, Zags, for this beautiful moment, and congrats for one hell of a victory last night. KEEP IT UP!

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!
  • Hoopaholic
    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
    Please tell me if I'm still on Earth because this really feels like Heaven.

The Zags did it, man. They ruined St Mary's dream and are still standing, undefeated at 26-0. They just fought their way through the biggest barrier to an undefeated regular season. It's Sunday. The day of rest. Resting is good for me today. I live alone and have lots of time to think about things I want to. AND TODAY I'm consumed by thoughts of the Zags winning last night and as a result are now 26-0. Yesterday was an unbelievable day, from the beginning of the morning watching Game Day to the end of the game as I watched the seconds tick off the clock, and the scoreboard read, VISITORS 74 Home 64. It was the best moment of the year so far, and somehow the excitement and joy that I felt in that moment has carried over into this very moment that I sit here plucking my way on this keyboard trying to express a feeling. COOL HUGH?

It's pretty darn cool what are boys have done. Pretty darn cool. It's Sunday a day of rest. It's my best chance to think about the game last night. Tomorrow it's back to work. I really just wanted to say one thing. Thank you, Zags, for this beautiful moment, and congrats for one hell of a victory last night. KEEP IT UP!
    D
    Go Zags!!!
    Enjoy the day. Enjoy this run by a great program representing a great university
    The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• gonzagafan62
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2013

We may never get this far again. Enjoy every second bornie.... I sure am. I'm enjoying every second of every game and just loving the tough minded criticism ending bulldogs. From Nigel Williams-Goss all the way down to the walking like Rem, Dustin and even Jack Beach ... love this damn team.
      Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• soccerdud
        Zag for Life
        • Jul 2009

if this is a dream, why would you want to wake up?

Comment

• MickMick
          Zag for Life
          • Apr 2007

This squad is not done.
          I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Great post Reborn. Thank you!

Agree with you on all counts. This team is a joy to watch and root for. Words really can't adequately convey how much I'm enjoying this season and just hope for the best for these players, coaches and staff. Keep living in the moment Zags; embrace it, enjoy it and keep working your a**es off and believing. Go Zags!
            Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• TimberZag
              Kennel Club Material
              • Jan 2013

Great post, Reborn. Normally, basketball season feels like Christmas. This year it feels like HEAVEN!!!! I've asked myself, too, is this real?!?!?!!!! Enjoying every second. Best time to be a zag fan is right now.

Comment

• zag67
                Zag for Life
                • Sep 2007

Reborn, great comments. I also spend most of my time thinking how great this year has been and then how many of them might be back next year. But the key to this year is the players and them all buying into the concept that defense wins. They also seem to have a GREAT chemistry and that makes everyone better and help get a person up when things are not going super.

PK is unbelievable and I cannot see him not playing for some NBA team next year. He is the perfect player for some team that plays through the center. He can give a good set of rest for the starting center. Clog the center on defense and be a force in the paint on offense.

I hope that NWG decides to stay one more year. He is the core that makes all of the others better. Yes we will be good without him, but we could be great again with him.

Team and coaches just keep doing what you are doing. Find the hot hand, play the team defense and enjoy the journey. All of you seem to be enjoying the wins and the play of different players each game. Keep it up.
                Last edited by zag67; 02-13-2017, 05:58 AM.

Comment

• ZagsGoZags
                  Zag for Life
                  • Nov 2007

we have so much to be grateful for ...
                  lots of new fair weather fans joining the ranks now.
                  I think of that 90 year old woman who was a fan of Seattle
                  Mariners, and never missed a game all those decades unless
                  she was sick. What a fan. I like to think I am that kind of fan
                  for the zags, luckily I am not likely to be tested like she was
                  any time soon.
                  Zag fans are so happy right now. I am reading everything to savor it.

Comment

• gonzagafan62
                    Zag for Life
                    • Nov 2013

Originally posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
                    we have so much to be grateful for ...
                    lots of new fair weather fans joining the ranks now.
                    I think of that 90 year old woman who was a fan of Seattle
                    Mariners, and never missed a game all those decades unless
                    she was sick. What a fan. I like to think I am that kind of fan
                    for the zags, luckily I am not likely to be tested like she was
                    any time soon.
                    Zag fans are so happy right now. I am reading everything to savor it.
                    Amen! Love our fans that have stuck around! I haven't been a fan as long as you but I've been a fan as long as I can remember and only a fan of the zags! I've seen a lot of people in my area jump on their bandwagon lately and I just smile. If they're jumping on that means we are special.
                    Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• amaronizag
                      Bleeds GU Blue
                      • Jul 2013

Fash forward------------Reborn. Reborn........... REBORN!!! WAKE UP!!! GU just won the Final Four and we're playing for the National Championship!!! You're not dreaming.

Comment

Working...
                      X