willandi
02-11-2017, 06:41 PM
Karno!

Ekrub
02-11-2017, 06:42 PM
Yup

Zagdawg
02-11-2017, 06:44 PM
Steps up in big games and carries the load.

Hoopaholic
02-11-2017, 06:45 PM
The only player we cannot afford to lose IMO

DixieZag
02-11-2017, 06:52 PM
Almost impossible to beat us when he has a career night like that. Good thing, b/c guards were pretty well neutralized by their defense, and Perk playing with his brain missing.

Just phenomenal game by Shem

Reborn
02-11-2017, 06:55 PM

I TOTALLY DISAGREE. And I am not saying that he didn't play great tonight. There are so many great players on this yeam and we can' afford to lose ANY of them if we want to make it to the Final Four.

I thought J Williams also had a great game and was just about as hard to stop as Karno is. They bpth seem to play their best games against the toughest teams. And Melson did the same coming off the bench.

Zag4Hire
02-11-2017, 06:56 PM
http://i1.wp.com/assets.sbnation.com/assets/1851131/airguitarbro.gif?w=848

Hoopaholic
02-11-2017, 07:02 PM
I TOTALLY DISAGREE. And I am not saying that he didn't play great tonight. There are so many great players on this yeam and we can' afford to lose ANY of them if we want to make it to the Final Four.

I thought J Williams also had a great game and was just about as hard to stop as Karno is. They bpth seem to play their best games against the toughest teams. And Melson did the same coming off the benhch.

I agree we can't afford to lose anyone to reach FF. But I also believe Shem makes the world go round on both ends court that if we lost him we would dramatically change our game pkannning and more importantly opponents game planning

bartruff1
02-11-2017, 07:02 PM

He is unique ....never forces anything.....

MontanaCoyote
02-11-2017, 07:23 PM
I agree we can't afford to lose anyone to reach FF. But I also believe Shem makes the world go round on both ends court that if we lost him we would dramatically change our game pkannning and more importantly opponents game planning

That's right! "The Presence" is in a way our Sun, and makes it possible for all our planets to stay in their orbits and thrive.

I also think that with Zach still prone to foul trouble, without Karno we would have a real problem inside. Would hate to lose any of our guys to injury, but I do think the worst would be for Karno to go down. Planet Goss would be a huge loss as well.
Don't even want to think about it.

JPtheBeasta
02-11-2017, 07:30 PM
and Perk playing with his brain missing.

Haha. I love the guy, but he had a bad night.

BayAreaZagFan
02-11-2017, 07:35 PM
He'll get so much attention with a deep tourney run. And what's that crap about not liking American food?

MontanaCoyote
02-11-2017, 07:40 PM
He'll get so much attention with a deep tourney run. And what's that crap about not liking American food?

He was just pulling your American leg. Loves American donuts for sure but has to watch his intake. Over 300 and he's off the team.

ScrapironJim
02-12-2017, 12:19 AM
IMO Zach plays a key role as Karno's sub. Shem is a very heavy man who plays with a high motor, but he needs a few blows to play at his best. Zach usually plays just a notch below Karno . . .maybe a bit better at shot blocking, FG%, and free throws. He can also cover more ground defensively. The same goes for Silas. He is equal or better than the player he replaces - most games lately. He was key today when NWG had foul problems.

PS - Zach is a very smart guy - 3.8 GPA at a highly rated academic school in Vegas. He will learn to play without the fouls. He will definitely be back next year. His IQ and his family will guarantee that. He needs one more year of seasoning and even then he may want to stay a third year and graduate. He is a multi-millionaire in waiting who may have a built in value system that places certain life experiences above money. I have indications from him and his dad that he is very happy at Gonzaga. NWG is an example. He could have stayed one more year at UW and been in the NBA by now. Instead he has his degree. I would not be shocked if he transferred to Harvard next year to get his MBA or even start law school.

CdAZagFan
02-12-2017, 08:39 AM
Shem just provides a huge obstacle down in the post - on both ends. And it seems like he comes up big whenever the light shines bright (i.e. at Arizona a couple of years ago, just one more example)...

DixieZag
02-12-2017, 10:24 AM
He is unique ....never forces anything.....

He does need to stop the cross court passes, that wasn't the first one that went sailing out of bounds. But, he sure let's the game come to him on everything else.

GrizZAG
02-12-2017, 10:34 AM
His 98 MPH fastball is amazing! Oh, it's basketball...

bartruff1
02-12-2017, 12:00 PM
It was great to see/hear Shem get some much deserved credit for his skills yesterday on a prime time broadcast...that floater was a thing of beauty...

It is ironic that three of the 10 candidates for the Jabbar Award are from the much maligned WCC....Shem, Mika and Landale...

MontanaCoyote
02-12-2017, 12:48 PM
It was great to see/hear Shem get some much deserved credit for his skills yesterday on a prime time broadcast...that floater was a thing of beauty...

It is ironic that three of the 10 candidates for the Jabbar Award are from the much maligned WCC....Shem, Mika and Landale...

Yes It Was! About time. Even his beard got some prime time.

Zaga
02-12-2017, 03:37 PM
IMO Zach plays a key role as Karno's sub. Shem is a very heavy man who plays with a high motor, but he needs a few blows to play at his best. Zach usually plays just a notch below Karno . . .maybe a bit better at shot blocking, FG%, and free throws. He can also cover more ground defensively. The same goes for Silas. He is equal or better than the player he replaces - most games lately. He was key today when NWG had foul problems.

PS - Zach is a very smart guy - 3.8 GPA at a highly rated academic school in Vegas. He will learn to play without the fouls. He will definitely be back next year. His IQ and his family will guarantee that. He needs one more year of seasoning and even then he may want to stay a third year and graduate. He is a multi-millionaire in waiting who may have a built in value system that places certain life experiences above money. I have indications from him and his dad that he is very happy at Gonzaga. NWG is an example. He could have stayed one more year at UW and been in the NBA by now. Instead he has his degree. I would not be shocked if he transferred to Harvard next year to get his MBA or even start law school.

Great post!