PDA

View Full Version : Gameday Crew Q & A from Jim Meehan

Section 116
02-10-2017, 08:27 PM
ESPN's Gameday Crew took some time to answer a few questions from the media prior to tomorrow's showdown in Moraga. Here is a link to Jim Meehan's article: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/feb/10/gameday-crew-q-a-as-they-prepare-for-gonzaga-saint/

gonzagafan62
02-10-2017, 08:36 PM
Hate the first question, but everything else was a good read

FuManShoes
02-11-2017, 09:38 AM
Did Randy Bennett not know he'd be interviewed? That 94 foot segment was .... painful.

RenoZag
02-11-2017, 09:42 AM
This link includes a 1:32 video of ESPN CG crew discussing the Zags, from SMC gym: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/18666334/villanova-wildcats-kansas-jayhawks-baylor-bears-gonzaga-bulldogs-get-no-1s-early-ncaa-bracket-reveal

jazzdelmar
02-11-2017, 10:12 AM
Did Randy Bennett not know he'd be interviewed? That 94 foot segment was .... painful.

It was terrible optics. All that money and espn is still hokey at times. Randy was game but the four amigos were pathetic and whichever PA wrote those inane questions should be sacked.

amaronizag
02-11-2017, 10:21 AM
I think the whole game day in Moraga is terrible optics. It perpetuates the image of GU in the lowly WCC playing rinky dink schools in cracker box gyms so they can't be legitimate or respected. No way to judge GU objectively because they're out there in the hinterlands and don't play anybody so they can't be taken seriously. No way to ever overcome that image so the best outcome is to give the players more motivation and a chip on their shoulders.

Zagceo
02-11-2017, 10:24 AM
I think the whole game day in Moraga is terrible optics. It perpetuates the image of GU in the lowly WCC playing rinky dink schools in cracker box gyms so they can't be legitimate or respected. No way to judge GU objectively because they're out there in the hinterlands and don't play anybody so they can't be taken seriously. No way to ever overcome that image so the best outcome is to give the players more motivation and a chip on their shoulders.

Didn't watch it......but this was my concern.

cggonzaga
02-11-2017, 01:24 PM
JW: That’s always a question you’re going to have with the WCC. Look, the Zags’ resume is impeccable … they’ve done a great job in the nonconference. I never really worry about the level they’re able to play, but the only question you always have for both Gonzaga and Saint Mary’s is it feels like the two times they get challenged are when they play each other. When you start thinking about how other teams have to battle through the gauntlet of the playing in the Big 12, SEC, ACC, it almost prepares you for being battle tested because then when you get in the NCAA tournament you’re comfortable being in uncomfortable situations.

Jay Williams is bad anyways but this speaks volumes. The SEC is not a great conference. Just because that's where Kentucky plays does the SEC get lumped into the other great conferences. And he seriously didn't mention the PAC? What's he been watching this year?

TexasZagFan
02-11-2017, 01:52 PM

Rather debatable that SMC didn't get their $13 million worth on their facilities upgrades.

At least the place will be packed, as opposed to other games in conference.