PDA

View Full Version : NBA Prospects

thebigsmoove
02-10-2017, 12:03 PM
I dont know if anyone has seen NBAdraft.net recently, but for the 2018 mock draft they have Zach Collins at #5, Killian Tillie at #13, and Nigel Williams-Goss at #38. Thought that was pretty interesting.

nbadraft.net (http://www.nbadraft.net/2018mock_draft)

23dpg
02-10-2017, 12:13 PM
I posted this elsewhere but I'll do it again here. The Ringer has Collins at 14 IF he comes out THIS year.

https://theringer.com/the-ringers-2017-nba-draft-lottery-big-board-version-4-0-8425958b85fd#.a1l86zn6v

A quote:

If Collins stays in school for his sophomore season and waits for his turn after Karnowski graduates, he should be a Wooden Award candidate. If he goes pro without ever being a starter, though, he would be a fascinating gamble for a team willing to take a chance on his skill, athleticism, and production in limited minutes.

jazzdelmar
02-10-2017, 12:18 PM
I posted this elsewhere but I'll do it again here. The Ringer has Collins at 14 IF he comes out THIS year.

https://theringer.com/the-ringers-2017-nba-draft-lottery-big-board-version-4-0-8425958b85fd#.a1l86zn6v

A quote:

If Collins stays in school for his sophomore season and waits for his turn after Karnowski graduates, he should be a Wooden Award candidate. If he goes pro without ever being a starter, though, he would be a fascinating gamble for a team willing to take a chance on his skill, athleticism, and production in limited minutes.

Prayers might help.

23dpg
02-10-2017, 12:22 PM
Prayers might help.

No prayers needed. I think most fans are educated enough to wish each player the best regardless of what it means for the team. Good luck and God bless Zach if he enters the draft. Of course I selfishly want him to come back for another year. But since I have zero idea of what he's going to do, I won't stress it. This year is just too damn enjoyable to worry about what may happen next year.

thebigsmoove
02-10-2017, 12:35 PM
i think he for sure dips his toe in the water this spring, but if he doesnt get the buzz he wants, i wouldnt be surprised to see him back next year. That being said, big guys are at such a high risk for injury, he would probably be smart to go if he gets any guarantees.

DukeSilver
02-10-2017, 01:26 PM
I feel like this needs to get repeated on here every once in a while - NBADraft.net is basically worthless. If you want an idea of our guys' draft stock, look first at draftexpress and second at Chad Ford's mocks. End of list.

That said, I do think all three of those players have the NBA in their future sooner than later.

hooter73
02-10-2017, 02:55 PM
For Collins, yeah probably, as much as any decent big does, NWG too I would hope although that seems to be up in the air, but tillie is too far away to even be in the conversation. Harris was more of a prospect and in reality, wasn't. Tillie will need to do something masterful to be a NBA draft able player. That is not discouraging, I really really like him. His style of play is a lot of fun to watch and very effective, but he would need a lot of body development to really hack it with the pros and I think he does what he does because his body right now allows it. Pack 30lbs on that frame and he might not be injury liable anymore but no where near as fast or bouncy either.

BayAreaZagFan
02-10-2017, 03:17 PM
Tillie will need to do something masterful to be a NBA draft able player. That is not discouraging, I really really like him. His style of play is a lot of fun to watch and very effective, but he would need a lot of body development to really hack it with the pros and I think he does what he does because his body right now allows it. Pack 30lbs on that frame and he might not be injury liable anymore but no where near as fast or bouncy either.

I was thinking the same thing last night when it looked like he might be dinged up again. Is he getting hurt because of his his lack of body development, or is it because of his lack of body control? It could just be due to his aggressive style of play (which I love), but he seems to take at least one awkward fall every couple of games.

Vanzagger
02-10-2017, 04:00 PM
For Collins, yeah probably, as much as any decent big does, NWG too I would hope although that seems to be up in the air, but tillie is too far away to even be in the conversation. Harris was more of a prospect and in reality, wasn't. Tillie will need to do something masterful to be a NBA draft able player. That is not discouraging, I really really like him. His style of play is a lot of fun to watch and very effective, but he would need a lot of body development to really hack it with the pros and I think he does what he does because his body right now allows it. Pack 30lbs on that frame and he might not be injury liable anymore but no where near as fast or bouncy either.

In reality he was. There was lots of lottery talk his Freshman year. He played up to the hype until about 22 minutes left in the Wake game. He averaged a double double right out of the gate against great competition.

Tille seems similar but closer to 7ft. He will get paid well. Whenever he wants. It's good for the program.

MTZag03
02-10-2017, 04:10 PM
I have a new confidence in Few. I used to be scared of the future if a player was considering the NBA early. Now I'm confident he'll reload and also retool the roster to succeed regardless of departures. One part is he's just a great coach, but the other thing is Lloyd and Michaelson are just great at recruiting. GU benefits from early NBA entry guys in the long run.

Bogozags
02-10-2017, 04:44 PM

A quote:

Just a tidbit of trivia: There was another FIRST ROUND draft pick who didn't start...Swen Nater who played behind one of the top three post players of all time - Bill Walton

Vanzagger
02-10-2017, 05:04 PM
Mario Kasan never got off the Zags bench and was drafted:D