PDA

View Full Version : Post game radio GU-LMU

Section 116
02-09-2017, 08:27 PM
Hudson: Another win for the Bulldogs 90-60. GU 25-0. GU only hits 3 of first 9 shots to fall behind but then went 11-14 moving to an eventual 50-28 halftime lead. The game lacked a lot of rhythm with the foul calls and the free throws, especially in the second half. Not a lot of three point attempts in the game as LMU was 4-8 and GU 4-9. Zags 34-44 from the line. Five in double figures for Zags, NGW 19, 13 for JW3, and 11 Mathews, Collins and Tillie. Zags hold tenth straight opponent to under 40% shooting. GU outrebounds LMU 38-27, NGW leads with 11.

Michaelson: Hudson noted a very physical win. Until we missed 5 straight free throws at the end we were really good from the line. OUr two point defense was good, we did a great job attacking the basket and getting to the line. And we did a really really good job on the glass. NGW is our leader and he had another incredible night. 19-11 in only 27 minutes. JW3 had a quiet 13 points. And he was good from the line tonight. Tillie got us separation in the first half which is why we left him in there. Karnowski kind of softened them up and Tillie did a really nice job. Saturday will be a challenge. All the stats show them to be a top 15 team. We're gonna have to play great, and I know our guys are excited to get up there. You don't win 22 games or whatever it is if you are not a good team.

Hudson: For the first time in his career Tillie was the go to guy as he scored all 11 in the first half. He has the floater, the three and he can take it to the basket. Finishes one off his career high. NGW had 10 and 9 in the first half and he doesn't get his rebounds going over top of guys. He is a position rebounder. I'm impressed by Jordan Mathews toughness. He got hammered tonight and didn't give up. Santangelo said Matthews had a couple discussion with the refs and Snatangelo said what did they tell you, and Mathews said they told me I gotta protect myself??? This was a tough physical ballgame, LMU pressed the entire game and tried to get the Zags out of their rhythm, and at times they succeded. GU outscored LMU by 30 from the line and that was the spread at the end. Santangelo said they could have called 15 more fouls on LMU if they wanted. He said it was apparent that was the way LMU decided to play and that was why the big discrepancy at the line.

bballbeachbum
02-09-2017, 09:03 PM
thanks as always 116. agree with Santangelo about the number of fouls and about Dunlap's gameplan with them. LMU fouled all the way to the final whistle, 31 times including at least 1 foul from each of the 12 guys Dunlap put on the floor and 10 of the LMU players each having at least 2

CDC84
02-10-2017, 01:59 AM
Santangelo said Matthews had a couple discussion with the refs and Snatangelo said what did they tell you, and Mathews said they told me I gotta protect myself???

Do these guys normally officiate mixed martial arts and wrestling??