PDA

View Full Version : GUnit of the Game - @ LMU - 2. 09. 17

RenoZag
02-09-2017, 08:04 PM
A hockey match broke out tonight at Gersten Pavilion. . .unskilled, sloppy, dirty play by the Lions of LMU made life hazardous for the Zags tonight, who extended their winning streak to 25, winning 90 - 60, setting up a Moraga showdown this coming Saturday.

Refs did a terrible job of protecting the players and swallowed their whistles regularly.

Who gets your vote ( and a free pass to the chiropractor's office ) tonight as the GU player of the game ?

ESPN BOX SCORE: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=400915864

willandi
02-09-2017, 08:06 PM
Nigel

phxfireflames
02-09-2017, 08:09 PM
NWG like an RB on the field out there

Birddog
02-09-2017, 08:10 PM
N W-G = best in the scrum.

Marcus
02-09-2017, 08:10 PM
Nigel all the way. It felt like LMU was trying to kill him tonight. I can't believe he was able to stay that composed.

bballbeachbum
02-09-2017, 08:12 PM
Nigel

Goshzagit
02-09-2017, 08:13 PM
Nigel all the way. It felt like LMU was trying to kill him tonight. I can't believe he was able to stay that composed.

He seemed shaken in 2nd half. Played tentatively compared to his usual self, but definitely the POG.

Despite the 3 or 4 hard fouls and neck stinger, he kept fighting. Double double by halftime.

Tillie had a great game too. He also got hurt following a ridiculously hard foul, but played smart & engaged.

MickMick
02-09-2017, 08:16 PM
Tillie.

Best I have seen him play. He is putting it all together at the right time and definitely was our best big tonight.

LongIslandZagFan
02-09-2017, 08:16 PM
Went Mathews... Seemed like whenever they had a run, he stopped it.

Hoopaholic
02-09-2017, 08:18 PM
Tillie.

Best I have seen him play. He is putting it all together at the right time and definitely was our best big tonight.

This and led the early push for the lead

Mantua
02-09-2017, 08:24 PM
Went Mathews... Seemed like whenever they had a run, he stopped it.

Matthews was tough as nails tonight.

I voted for NWG, but I'm torn.

Kudos to the team for surviving.

ZagNative
02-09-2017, 08:28 PM
I voted Tillie.

gonzagafan62
02-09-2017, 08:31 PM
Another game another great performance by NWG ... 15 and 11

MDABE80
02-09-2017, 08:32 PM
This is a hatchet job and it came from the LMU bench. Much of this should be reviewed by the Commissioner of the WCC. Injuries occurred.
And the refs should be forced to sit for the rest of the season. This one was outrageous. LMU we've played before this year without this "WWF" approach. Somebody gave the order and the refs gave it approval by swallowing their whistles. Hurting Nigel and watching Collins deliberately push into the stanchions was enough for me. Where was FEW???

Beyond that. Nigel was magnificent on the boards. Bigs did well.as good ad expected.

Hoopaholic
02-09-2017, 08:34 PM
This is a hatchet job and it came from the LMU bench. Much of this should be reviewed by the Commissioner of the WCC. Injuries occurred.
And the refs should be forced to sit for the rest of the season. This one was outrageous. LMU we've played before this year without this "WWF" approach. Somebody gave the order and the refs gave it approval by swallowing their whistles. Hurting Nigel and watching Collins deliberately push into the stanchions was enough for me. Where was FEW???
Few got irate and in refs face several times
At one point I wrote I see a T coming but then refs called 7 fouls in row to try and tighten it up

MDABE80
02-09-2017, 09:05 PM
Hoopster..... I did not see that. From the comments in this and Dixie's thread, I don't see any confirmation that Few did much if anything.

DixieZag
02-09-2017, 09:13 PM
Hoopster..... I did not see that. From the comments in this and Dixie's thread, I don't see any confirmation that Few did much if anything.

I regret putting that in the way I did.

I should have made clear that - in the possible event that Few did that, hypothetically - it would be justifiable and right.

I thought Mathews had a good game, though I was working and not watching as closely as I often do.

ProVeeZag
02-09-2017, 09:20 PM

Abe, 100% agree with every word of this. I see Ronnie Turiaf was at this "match"; He and Violette would have had a firm response to kind of BS.

Hoopaholic
02-09-2017, 09:28 PM

At one point midway second half when tille hammered on breakaway no call he was three feet on court ran to baseline and was clearly enrage at ref staying on court all way back up to almost half court

There was at least 3 times he was clearly standing up for his team and refs chose to ignore

ProVeeZag
02-09-2017, 09:32 PM
At one point midway second half when tille hammered on breakaway no call he was three feet on court ran to baseline and was clearly enrage at ref staying on court all way back up to almost half court

There was at least 3 times he was clearly standing up for his team and refs chose to ignore

Yes, I saw this also. Resulted in hard fall by Tillie; my recollection is he didn't even have possession of the ball!

All Weather Fan
02-09-2017, 09:40 PM
NWG per usual but Tillie was great too !

TravelinZag
02-09-2017, 10:10 PM
NWG!

Anxious to see injury report.

TimberZag
02-09-2017, 11:15 PM
N-dub-G. I know it's late we had to dvr...

Zagger
02-10-2017, 03:18 AM
NWG

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/feb/09/gonzagas-nigel-williams-goss-return-from-injury-to/

Tillie might have had his best game yet if it had not been for LMU's constant fouling.

jazzdelmar
02-10-2017, 04:38 AM

Beyond that. Nigel was magnificent on the boards. Bigs did well.as good ad expected.

1000% Doc. Few was not quiet but could have acquired a T.

MontanaCoyote
02-10-2017, 11:03 AM
Took Nigel for granted and voted "other" for the team as a whole. Solid team effort!