PDA

View Full Version : Fishing tonight?

LongIslandZagFan
02-09-2017, 05:15 PM
No ESPN3... no TheW... need a stream to cast a fly.

Martin Centre Mad Man
02-09-2017, 05:20 PM
It might be on theW.

http://www.wccsports.com/schedule-list#!/m-baskbl/all/2017-02-09

tyra
02-09-2017, 05:44 PM
The W seems blocked tonight. Alternatives? Please? We are desperate out here.

LongIslandZagFan
02-09-2017, 05:44 PM
Weird... wasn't listing it before. thanks

jazzdelmar
02-09-2017, 05:45 PM
It's listed on the W app.

Zagquette
02-09-2017, 05:57 PM
https://livestream.com/thewtv/events/6557505

gonstu
02-09-2017, 06:00 PM

blocked in my location! what? no "W" game has been blocked for me all year. will this be the first game I miss this season??

soccerdud
02-09-2017, 06:08 PM
blocked in my location! what? no "W" game has been blocked for me all year. will this be the first game I miss this season??

same. ouch. really hoping someone can help.

mtzaga
02-09-2017, 06:24 PM

Thanks for the link. The Utah Jazz preempt the Zags one more time.

phxfireflames
02-09-2017, 06:28 PM
For those in So Cal area where the W.tv link doesn't work:

http://ifirstrowus.eu/watch/509400/1/watch-1-gonzaga-vs-loyola-marymount.html

The link works, but be careful with pop-up adds.

theCOG
02-09-2017, 06:54 PM

Is it my net or is this stream quality awful? Not complaining because its all I got. Just honestly curious.

Birddog
02-09-2017, 07:11 PM
Is it my net or is this stream quality awful? Not complaining because its all I got. Just honestly curious.

I'm watching on the W and mine is awful too. It looks like you're watching through a windshield with wipers going and smearing the image.

dnj116
02-09-2017, 07:17 PM
This geo restricted content is BS. I have internet and cable in Montana, but can't watch this on theW or ESPN3 (when listed but not on a main ESPN network). What are they accomplishing by this?? So infuriating that we have to rely on the good graces of people that are normally willing to stream the content due to what I presume are provider contracts limiting whole regions of the country. Unfortunately no luck on alternate streaming sources tonight. Hope these companies are losing a ton of money and that it forces them to get their act together in the future. Ugh

U Zig, I Zag
02-09-2017, 08:12 PM
I would assume that it's available for people by the various services but it seems like there is regional issues and theW feed sound bad?

Zag Man
02-09-2017, 08:57 PM
[QUOTE=U Zig, I Zag;1284143]I would assume that it's available for people by the various services but it seems like there is regional issues and theW feed sound bad?[/QUOTE'M

Missed my first Gonzaga basketball game in years, as I was never able to get a link to see the game from Hawaii. Glad to hear they won, but I would have liked to have seen it in real time. Does anyone know if a rebroadcast of the game is available online?

Birddog
02-10-2017, 04:20 AM
[QUOTE=U Zig, I Zag;1284143]I would assume that it's available for people by the various services but it seems like there is regional issues and theW feed sound bad?[/QUOTE'M

Missed my first Gonzaga basketball game in years, as I was never able to get a link to see the game from Hawaii. Glad to hear they won, but I would have liked to have seen it in real time. Does anyone know if a rebroadcast of the game is available online?

I'm pretty sure the "W" site said it would be available.

jazzdelmar
02-10-2017, 04:34 AM
The number one team in the country vs a conference rival and so much blacked out is a scandal and deserves an explanation if not an apology from the athletic department, imo.

Birddog
02-10-2017, 04:41 AM
The number one team in the country vs a conference rival and so much blacked out is a scandal and deserves an explanation if not an apology from the athletic department, imo.

Why should the athletic department apologize? I don't think it's their fault. Maybe I'm missing something here. I'm more pissed about what seems to be a poor streaming capability from "theWtv". Last night's streaming was purely bush league but it could be a problem on my end, not sure yet.

Zaggin' it
02-10-2017, 05:21 AM

So...you want an apology from a party that:

1. Did not host the game...
2. Did not originate the broadcast of the game.
3. Does not control the media rights to the game.
4. Wishes just as much as anyone that all their fans could see the game.

Fine. I apologize to you. I have just as much responsibility and control in the thing as the athletic department does. Same as everyone else here. Stop your self-important bluster. It's so ridiculous and tiresome on every single topic. Maybe we could start an apology drive from those here so you can feel better.

Zagsker
02-10-2017, 05:44 AM

I feel zero sympathy for you

basketballzag
02-10-2017, 06:34 AM
The WCC's contract with Root absolutely sucks now and it is impeding the ability for Gonzaga to get national tv coverage for its fan base. Root was owned by Time Warner who as you know Root was purchased by AT&T. AT&T has now decided to ban the streaming or uploading in part or whole of any college basketball games it broadcast even when in the past they granted people the rights to upload that content so long as the rights holder received the advertising revenue. Root who owned the rights to the broadcast was sold to AT&T and now AT&T/Time Warner has decided to kill the ability for anyone to livesteam or upload any games on the AT&T sports network. So the WCC and Gonzaga games are now put into a coffin forever never to seen again after they are aired because AT&T wants to build up its own basketball library for future use.

So now the idiots at AT&T have diminished the WCCs ability to get maximum exposure to the fan base both domestically and internationally. The blackout was not a local blackout but a pseudo national blackout with some areas of the country that were deemed to be outside of the blackout so some people got the feed in Florida but others did not.

Gonzaga needs to put pressure on the WCC to dump Root/AT&T and sign a contract with Fox Sports or the CBS Sports or NBC Sports network so we can continue to get national & international exposure. This will hurt our recruiting if the overseas recruits and fans are locked out of viewing the product.

TexasZagFan
02-10-2017, 06:42 AM
Gonzaga needs to put pressure on the WCC to dump Root/AT&T and sign a contract with Fox Sports or the CBS Sports or NBC Sports network so we can continue to get national & international exposure. This will hurt our recruiting if the overseas recruits and fans are locked out of viewing the product.

http://m.memegen.com/2j13n7.jpg

Considering what a joke this year's conference schedule is, there is no way the WCC Commish is going to respond to any pressure we might exert. She's already cost us the opportunity to schedule a quality OOC game during conference play.

Zaggin' it
02-10-2017, 06:55 AM
The WCC's contract with Root absolutely sucks now and it is impeding the ability for Gonzaga to get national tv coverage for its fan base. Root was owned by Time Warner - NOT TRUE who as you know Root was purchased by AT&T. AT&T has now decided to ban the streaming or uploading in part or whole of any college basketball games it broadcast even when in the past they granted people the rights to upload that content so long as the rights holder received the advertising revenue- NOT TRUE Root who owned the rights to the broadcast was sold to AT&T and now AT&T/Time Warner has decided to kill the ability for anyone to livesteam or upload any games on the AT&T sports network - NOT TRUE. So the WCC and Gonzaga games are now put into a coffin forever never to seen again after they are aired because AT&T wants to build up its own basketball library for future use.

So now the idiots at AT&T have diminished the WCCs ability to get maximum exposure - NOT TRUE to the fan base both domestically and internationally. The blackout was not a local blackout but a pseudo national blackout with some areas of the country that were deemed to be outside of the blackout so some people got the feed in Florida but others did not.

Everything in these deals originates from the superior rights granted to the first-party media rightsholder, which is ESPN. They are the one with the primary deal with the league. All other rights and any geoblocking, etc. are the result of that agreement. Do you really think Root or anyone else who has rights to a game want to limit its' distribution? They want to be able to broadcast/distribute the game to anyone, anywhere, anytime and the only reason they cannot do so is because of some entity's superior rights, in this case ESPN.

Birddog
02-10-2017, 07:24 AM
Here is the Wiki take on Root Sports. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Root_Sports
I noticed that although I get Root Sports SW, Oklahoma isn't even listed. I have watched most of the Root Gonzaga broadcasts on RSSW except for maybe 3 and 1 of those might have been on RSSW before I knew they carried most of the games. Last night Gonzaga/LMU was pre empted, I think by a Rockets game.The WCC would do well to improve their "W" streaming service IMO.

Lewey
02-10-2017, 08:18 AM
I'm watching on the W and mine is awful too. It looks like you're watching through a windshield with wipers going and smearing the image.

I live in Spokane so usually don't have to worry about it. But I was in El Paso last night and watched on theW. Couldn't follow the ball it was so bad. So I looked for the streaming settings. In the lower right there are some increasing bars, looks like a volume setting. It was the video stream settings. Ot was on auto, which should adjust to the bandwidth available, and the video sucked. I changed it up to the highest, 720p. It was great then. I had to periodically reset it because it would change back to auto. But next time try changing that setting. Don't know if it will always work, but it did this time for me.

U Zig, I Zag
02-10-2017, 10:22 AM
Here is what is left:

02/11/17 atSaint Mary's Saint Mary's * Moraga, Calif. 5:15 p.m. PT Live stats | Watch ESPN
TV: ESPN Radio: Gonzaga IMG Radio Network

02/16/17 vs.San Francisco San Francisco * Spokane, Wash. 6:00 p.m. PT
TV: ROOT | KHQ Radio: Gonzaga IMG Radio Network

02/18/17 vs.Pacific Pacific * Spokane, Wash. 1:00 p.m. PT

02/23/17 atSan Diego San Diego * San Diego, Calif. 7:00 p.m. PT

02/25/17 vs.BYU BYU * Spokane, Wash. 7:00 p.m. PT Watch ESPN
TV: ESPN | ESPN 2 Radio: Gonzaga IMG

Barring some unforeseen circumstances I will see what I can do for the remaining non espn games