PDA

View Full Version : It's Game Day Gonzaga vs LMU

Reborn
02-09-2017, 06:27 AM
And it's the best day pf the week.

I'm up a little early today, and feeling a fresh stream of joy flowing in me. I suddenly remember, it's Game Day, and then I feel myself smiling. What is it about those Zags that make me feel so good?

I put my Zag sweats on, and on Game Day I notice this sense of pride in me. And and know that when I go out today I just know that someone will notice my Gonzaga sweats, stop and smile at me and give me a thumbs up. I suddenly feel connected. What is it about them Zags that make people feel so good? And have you noticed that this year, that when you connect with someone who notices your Zag gear (whatever it may be) there is even more joy and excitement in their smile? People know what's going on this year. It's just so cool. I love Game Day.

We play LMU today. CDC already got me pumped up for this game, earlier this week, when he said that LMU is a tough, athletic team with a real good coach, and that they are dangerous. When CDC says something, I got this feeling about him over the years, that he knows what he's talking about, maybe as much as Jazz. So, when i recall the warning by him i'll heed his warning and I'll be putting my game face on about an hour before the game. I don't recall LMU looking that dangerous the last time we played them. They were on the road playing in the Kennel; so maybe we'll see more of that athleticism from them tonight.

Go Zags!!!

i've got the Zags winning by 20 in their gym; so honestly I don't see them as too dangerous.

Zagger
02-09-2017, 07:29 AM
Whoo hoo! Can't wait to game time. Extra special for me today cuz my school district is having a Snow Day! I can get a lot of chores done around home today and thoroughly enjoy the game tonight!
For watching the game ... I'm eager to see how the team does on defense - whether we notice concerted efforts by guys to really limit LMU scoring. In Saturday's game I really saw some great D by Bryan Alberts. He looked really focused on his guy. It was one of Alberts' best games IMHO. Overall the Zags seem to be getting more 'surgical' - really looking for great openings and in shutting down opportunities by their opponents. Precision basketball is kinda/sorta what I'm meaning. That and just plain focus and teamwork.

Zags11
02-09-2017, 07:37 AM
Zags win by 20.

GonzagasaurusFlex
02-09-2017, 09:15 AM
Great post Reborn! Game day definitely puts a little bounce in my step too even thought the 10pm EST start means I likely won't watch it until early tomorrow morning before work. I'm like an excited kid in that I know I can't stay up til midnight to watch the game and function well at work the next day, but I always end up waking up much earlier than usual and watching the game around 4:30 or 5 in the morning. Still less sleep but great way to start a Friday!!!

Reborn
02-09-2017, 09:32 AM
Great post Reborn! Game day definitely puts a little bounce in my step too even thought the 10pm EST start means I likely won't watch it until early tomorrow morning before work. I'm like an excited kid in that I know I can't stay up til midnight to watch the game and function well at work the next day, but I always end up waking up much earlier than usual and watching the game around 4:30 or 5 in the morning. Still less sleep but great way to start a Friday!!!

Pretty cool. You and so many others like you are great, dedicated fans.

TexasZagFan
02-09-2017, 10:07 AM
T-minus 8 hours and counting...