PDA

View Full Version : OT: Happy 10th Anniversary, GU Boards!

TheZagPhish
02-08-2017, 04:53 PM
In all the excitement I nearly forgot...

Happy tenth! Wild to think that a bunch of us have been hanging around this joint for a decade (Feb. 2, 2007).

Thanks to The Spokesman, the mods and especially the Time Zone Challenged Board Greeter.

Cheers!

PS.
Didn't Dan the Admin promise to buy us cookies or something for this occasion? ;)

SWZag
02-08-2017, 06:23 PM
Wow! It's been that long? A lot of water under the bridge and the Zags are now #1! Not sure any would have dreamed we are where where we're at now!

Here's to another 10!

Reborn
02-08-2017, 06:56 PM
I like chocolate chip. Homemade of course.
CONGRATS to all of you who have put up with me. i am sure I have helped you pass through Purgatory much faster. ha ha Go Zags!!! ESPECIALLY MY 3 EXCLAMATION MARKS. HAHAHAHA and very long posts for most of those years. God bless you!

U Zig, I Zag
02-08-2017, 07:10 PM
Doesn't look a day over 9!

Section 116
02-08-2017, 07:49 PM
I've spent a lot of time here the past ten years! Oh yeah, I never regret it!

sittingon50
02-08-2017, 09:20 PM
:clap:

Always look forward to visiting & to learning.

Birddog
02-09-2017, 03:35 AM
:clap:

Always look forward to visiting & to learning.

Yeah, who wouldn't want to check in daily to see the pissing and dissing on one another. Well, I guess there is some good stuff too, Happy Birthday all.

TexasZagFan
02-09-2017, 04:48 AM
Yeah, who wouldn't want to check in daily to see the pissing and dissing on one another. Well, I guess there is some good stuff too, Happy Birthday all.

There was no place left to go when the OCC was euthanized. :lmao:

RenoZag
02-09-2017, 04:55 AM
10 years of count games, lists, bracketology, half-baked theories, wicked humor, fun and frolic, weather reports, travel photos, Zags banter. . .it's a one stop shop !

Have enjoyed the ride each and every season with this virtual community and hope to be part of it for many seasons to come. This virtual community has been wonderfully supportive through the years.

:cheers:

Birddog
02-09-2017, 05:19 AM

Happy tenth! Wild to think that a bunch of us have been hanging around this joint for a decade (Feb. 2, 2007).

So that's why we have the same discussions (WCC not good enough for instance) over and over again!

stevet75
02-09-2017, 06:14 AM
I don't post much, but I spend a lot of time reading everyone's posts. 10 years of you guys improving my knowledge of college basketball and especially the Zags. Thanks,

Zags11
02-09-2017, 07:51 AM

Quit whining. ;)

DixieZag
02-09-2017, 08:49 AM
Very cool.

sittingon50
02-09-2017, 09:16 AM
So that's why we have the same discussions (WCC not good enough for instance) over and over again!

Hey thanks for reminding me. So, as far as joining the ACC, I just don't understand why some of you idio............

TexasZagFan
02-09-2017, 10:06 AM
Hey thanks for reminding me. So, as far as joining the ACC, I just don't understand why some of you idio............

Speaking of that, how come there isn't a "Zag Network", like the Longhorn Network?

tinfoilzag
02-09-2017, 10:29 AM
Overreacting, Zag material, leaving the league, glue guys, bunnies, mid-major, family, Alyssa Milano, crazy hair, annual slippers, Few, international pipeline, PANIC, Gonzoga and Spocane, tacos, IRA!, and dooooooooooom.

Is there any place better to obsess over some kids playing a game?

TheZagPhish
02-09-2017, 10:38 AM
Bol Kong!

zagray
02-09-2017, 10:53 AM
Time flies when we're having fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BayAreaZagFan
02-09-2017, 11:08 AM
Happy 10th! Wish I had found it sooner! This definitely makes it much easier to follow the Zags from afar (well, this, and the fact that virtually every game is broadcast now on TV down here, and if not, DirecTV).

gozagswoohoo
02-09-2017, 12:20 PM
Man! Can't even tell you how much this board means to me!! I've made some awesome friends because of this board. I have had some of the greatest memories of my life all because of this board ("The" trip of 2010 being the highlight!!). I've also had just some UNBELIEVABLE zag encounters and whatnot over the years. SO so thankful for this board.

ZagsGoZags
02-09-2017, 12:27 PM
Hi WooHoo,
me too
the board means a lot to me because I didn't have a place to put my zag enthusiasm, and a place to learn 10 times more about zag basketball than just press clippings. Also I moved away from Spokane and haven't found a single zag fan in my new town or church. I wear my zag t-shirts everywhere, and thank goodness for the GUBoard.

NotoriousZ
02-09-2017, 12:32 PM

Thanks to The Spokesman, the mods and especially the Time Zone Challenged Board Greeter.

Cheers!

PS.
Didn't Dan the Admin promise to buy us cookies or something for this occasion? ;)
So you can say "joint," but if I can't say I want a ### of coffee? Even after 10 years...at least there's still stuff to ##### about. :)

TheZagPhish
02-09-2017, 12:38 PM
So you can say "joint," but if I can't say I want a ### of coffee? Even after 10 years...at least there's still stuff to ##### about. :)

dwtm!

Mantua
02-09-2017, 05:35 PM
Overreacting, Zag material, leaving the league, glue guys, bunnies, mid-major, family, Alyssa Milano, crazy hair, annual slippers, Few, international pipeline, PANIC, Gonzoga and Spocane, tacos, IRA!, and dooooooooooom.

Is there any place better to obsess over some kids playing a game?

Great anniversary card!

Happy ten years!

LongIslandZagFan
02-09-2017, 07:09 PM
Wow... couple that number with Scout years and Yahoo... I've been on these boards almost as long as my 18 yr old son has been alive.

I need therapy :D

Bogozags
02-10-2017, 06:08 AM
I am very grateful for this board as I have no idea what I would do with the hours and hours I spend here...it has provided me with solitude and little stress and a few grey hairs (most are a cause of getting old)...I hope we have at least another 10 years...:D

Thanks to all of you!

LongIslandZagFan
02-10-2017, 06:12 AM
Speaking of that, how come there isn't a "Zag Network", like the Longhorn Network?

It's called ESPN. :p

TexasZagFan
02-10-2017, 06:21 AM
I am very grateful for this board as I have no idea what I would do with the hours and hours I spend here...it has provided me with solitude and little stress and a few grey hairs (most are a cause of getting old)...I hope we have at least another 10 years...:D

Thanks to all of you!

It's likely cost me a promotion, but at my age I really don't give a hoot...I haven't violated any agency policies. Instead of engaging in office talk like others do, I sit at my desk, checking in and out throughout the day...keeps me sane (contract audits are mind-numbingly b-o-r-I-n-g).

I'll get it in about six weeks, I can hang in there until then.

O/T, I've been told by other coworkers that my previous supervisor held me to standards far different than others. Thankfully, there's a new office manager who's hands on, vs. being stuck in his office.

TexasZagFan
02-10-2017, 06:22 AM
It's called ESPN. :p

Not true last night, though I get your point. We've come a long way in the last 20 years. Half the ESPN staff mispronounced "Moraga", though...lol.

bballbeachbum
02-10-2017, 06:50 AM
I love this place and am grateful to be able to share the highs and lows of your amazing basketball team game to game with you all.
wegotmorrision

GoZags
02-10-2017, 07:02 AM
I just stumbled on to this place.

How are the Zags doing this year?

I haven't really followed things since Gonzaga got rid of Buoncristiani.

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/tbkd1/ken.jpg (http://s925.photobucket.com/user/tbkd1/media/ken.jpg.html)

TexasZagFan
02-10-2017, 07:06 AM
I just stumbled on to this place.

How are the Zags doing this year?

I haven't really followed things since Gonzaga got rid of Buoncristiani.

You work for a sports radio show in Dallas/Fort Worth? :lmao:

former1dog
02-10-2017, 07:54 AM
10 years?

I guess I need to stop thinking of this as the "new board"!

zagzilla
02-10-2017, 11:43 AM
Thanks everybody for the community, camaraderie, and helping me savor the highs and survive the lows in the GU MBB journey.

Wish Father Tony was still here to see it all

"To be continued... "

ZZ