SOUTH DAKOTA @ Fort Wayne 4:00 pm
#13 West VA @ Oklahoma 6:00 pm ESPN2
UCF @ # 11 Cinn 6:00 pm ESPNU
Stanford @ # 9 ARIZONA 8:00 pm FS1

Full Slate here: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/schedule

Have a wistful Wednesday

gonstu
02-08-2017, 11:59 AM
Interesting game for Baylor. Could be a good one to watch. If they want to hold any claim to a 1-seed they have to win this one.

ZagNative
02-08-2017, 03:54 PM
Ole Miss leads Tennessee 45-43 with 14:11 left in the second.

ZagNative
02-08-2017, 04:50 PM
Tennessee pulls out the win 75-66l.

U Zig, I Zag
02-08-2017, 04:58 PM
Good on Tenn. I thought the Duke/UNC game was today for some reason.

RenoZag
02-08-2017, 05:56 PM
Xavier, South Dakota, and Baylor notch "W's"

Nevada 58
UNLV 39 Halftime

seacatfan
02-08-2017, 08:31 PM
Arizona sucking again. Again. 5 straight games. I can't figure out what the hell is going on with this team. Can't put away a .500 Stanford team in Tucson. Ristic and Markannen have both been AWFUL tonight. So frustrating, this team is pissing me off. They've stunk ever since the win against UCLA.

ZagaZags
02-08-2017, 08:39 PM
Stanford 55 #9 Arizona 57.

6:50 to play. Game is on FS1

Zagceo
02-08-2017, 08:54 PM
AZ looks lost on off and Def

ZagaZags
02-08-2017, 08:59 PM
Arizona pulls it out in the end.

ProVeeZag
02-08-2017, 09:00 PM
Arizona sucking again. Again. 5 straight games. I can't figure out what the hell is going on with this team. Can't put away a .500 Stanford team in Tucson. Ristic and Markannen have both been AWFUL tonight. So frustrating, this team is pissing me off. They've stunk ever since the win against UCLA.

Yeah, Ristic in particular has not been boxing out or rebounding worth a damn, at least from what I saw the 1st half.

seacatfan
02-08-2017, 09:00 PM
If they don't figure it out quick, they're gonna lose at home to Cal and both of the LA schools and maybe one of the Washington schools on the road. I literally don't have a freaking clue what happened to this team. Went from the top of the world after beating UCLA to just HORRIBLE.

RenoZag
02-08-2017, 09:23 PM
Nevada 104
UNLV 77

WVU - 61
OKLA -50

Fonebone
02-08-2017, 09:31 PM
Keep Arizona in mind & never take what we are doing so far for granted. What we have done is amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CdAZagFan
02-08-2017, 09:34 PM
Keep Arizona in mind & never take what we are doing so far for granted. What we have done is amazing

Thought the same thing as I was watching Michigan State getting blown away by Michigan the other day... Oh how quickly the mighty can fall.

U Zig, I Zag
02-08-2017, 09:46 PM
AZ is fine. Prob not playing to max potential, but still 11-1(?) in the PAC. BUT, Markkanen (sp) - what's the deal there? He just roaming around the perimeter?

Zagceo
02-08-2017, 10:02 PM
AZ beat Stanford by 39 in Palo Alto last month......

The trend is not their friend

seacatfan
02-08-2017, 10:39 PM
Markannen has always been perimeter oriented. He's just not hitting shots now. Prior to the last 3 games he was hitting 50% on 3's for the season. Not sure where he's at now but it must've dropped.

Arizona isn't really fine at the moment, but comparing them to Michigan St. is silly. Arizona is still tied for 1st in the Pac 12 at 11-1 and 22-3 overall. MSU is 6-5 in conference and 14-10 overall. And getting blasted by Michigan by 30 is a lot worse than getting blasted by Oregon by 30. Michigan is lucky if they're a bubble team at the moment and Oregon is in the conversation for #1 seed.

WallaWallaZag
02-09-2017, 01:22 AM
Markannen has always been perimeter oriented. He's just not hitting shots now. Prior to the last 3 games he was hitting 50% on 3's for the season. Not sure where he's at now but it must've dropped.

Arizona isn't really fine at the moment, but comparing them to Michigan St. is silly. Arizona is still tied for 1st in the Pac 12 at 11-1 and 22-3 overall. MSU is 6-5 in conference and 14-10 overall. And getting blasted by Michigan by 30 is a lot worse than getting blasted by Oregon by 30. Michigan is lucky if they're a bubble team at the moment and Oregon is in the conversation for #1 seed.

i actually think it has to do with the return of trier...they had things figured out w/o him...have to kind of go through the process all over again. easy to integrate a role player...not easy to integrate an alpha

Hoopaholic
02-09-2017, 07:00 AM
i actually think it has to do with the return of trier...they had things figured out w/o him...have to kind of go through the process all over again. easy to integrate a role player...not easy to integrate an alpha

agree with this but for different reason

Trier is a slasher who does not look nor tends to find the spot up 3 point shooter....his tendencies is to drive and shoot first, pass to close big or alley oop to rim

Markannen is an extremely effective spot up 3 point shooter and is missing his opportunities on the reversal because the new tendency is drive first once the ball gets back to the point

Miller is a great coach and will get some designed looks for Markannen....by going back to rub screens using him for potential pick and pops

WallaWallaZag
02-09-2017, 07:38 AM
agree with this but for different reason

Trier is a slasher who does not look nor tends to find the spot up 3 point shooter....his tendencies is to drive and shoot first, pass to close big or alley oop to rim

Markannen is an extremely effective spot up 3 point shooter and is missing his opportunities on the reversal because the new tendency is drive first once the ball gets back to the point

Miller is a great coach and will get some designed looks for Markannen....by going back to rub screens using him for potential pick and pops

not sure this is actually a different reason...trier back as an alpha means markannen is now a little bit lost...he had kind of assumed that role -- or at least in usage terms. so now everybody has to re-adjust their roles.

CdAZagFan
02-09-2017, 09:39 AM

I definitely wasn't comparing Arizona to Michigan State... Was more referring to the "never take what we are doing so far for granted" statement in regard to Michigan State - which has been a powerhouse for so long. Arizona is still a powerhouse, and even though they seem to be struggling a little, they have a lot of talent and have time to get everything lined up for a good March run...

Zagceo
02-09-2017, 09:53 AM
I do like Coach Miller

“The word pro is thrown around too much at Arizona because of the great history of our program,” Miller said. “We have guys who think they are NBA players but they can’t guard the ball. Not only are you not getting picked, you’re not getting invited to camp.

Hoopaholic
02-09-2017, 10:12 AM
not sure this is actually a different reason...trier back as an alpha means markannen is now a little bit lost...he had kind of assumed that role -- or at least in usage terms. so now everybody has to re-adjust their roles.

I see it as a completely different issue the role is the same the ability to support the role has changed due to new person managing and distributing

maynard g krebs
02-09-2017, 02:08 PM
If they don't figure it out quick, they're gonna lose at home to Cal and both of the LA schools and maybe one of the Washington schools on the road. I literally don't have a freaking clue what happened to this team. Went from the top of the world after beating UCLA to just HORRIBLE.

I didn't see last night's game, but it seems that Oregon put a dent in their psyche.

They'll get " help" if they are bad enough to need it on the road v the Washington schools. And Cal is just as bad offensively as Arizona is, so the home court should be enough there. They're gonna end up at 2-3 league losses at the very most. Still the favorite for the league title; Oregon will be going 5 on 8 tonite at Pauley, and will have to put on another A+ performance to win tonight. ESPN has already been setting it up, running the fact that Oregon is 0-2 v UCLA when both are in the top 10. Oregon probably winds up 15-3 with their remaining road sched.

seacatfan
02-09-2017, 04:58 PM
I didn't see last night's game, but it seems that Oregon put a dent in their psyche.

They'll get " help" if they are bad enough to need it on the road v the Washington schools. And Cal is just as bad offensively as Arizona is, so the home court should be enough there. They're gonna end up at 2-3 league losses at the very most. Still the favorite for the league title; Oregon will be going 5 on 8 tonite at Pauley, and will have to put on another A+ performance to win tonight. ESPN has already been setting it up, running the fact that Oregon is 0-2 v UCLA when both are in the top 10. Oregon probably winds up 15-3 with their remaining road sched.

The Oregon game certainly didn't help their psyche, but there was something wrong before that. They looked pretty bad in home wins against Wazzu and UW and against OSU in Corvallis. Again last night. Going 4-1 during that stretch of playing badly is fairly lucky they were mostly playing against the bottom of the conference. I truly thought they would snap out of it and play better against UO, not necessarily win but at least put on a good show. I couldn't possibly have been more wrong. Now I don't know when or if they will get back on track. All the games left are winnable, but certainly plenty of L's are possible if they don't start playing better. I'm certain UCLA wants revenge when they come to Tucson.

If the Cats don't win the league, I'd rather have it be Oregon than UCLA.