PDA

View Full Version : Jim Meehan update on Zach Norvell

Section 116
02-07-2017, 07:55 PM
Seems Mr. Norvell is doing just fine, thank you: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/feb/07/gonzaga-redshirt-zach-norvell-jr-maintains-positiv/

bartruff1
02-07-2017, 08:11 PM
He and Rui might be the best athletes on the team....

DixieZag
02-07-2017, 08:14 PM

Kind of an exciting thought. They have fallen into the background this year. But, when they get settled into the rhythm, they might be quite the weapon next year.

Reborn
02-08-2017, 07:40 AM
Thanks for the article. I've been wondering about him. It sounds like he's doing great.

Zagceo
02-08-2017, 08:21 AM
I watched a few of Zachs Simeon games on the internet and as a player he seemed very stone faced all business even the summer game he scored 50+?

Zach has shown a different side ....very emotional leader in pre game circle dance and on the bench. Nice for a freshmen and especially a redshirt.

I can't wait to see him play at full strength.

maynard g krebs
02-08-2017, 11:48 AM

After Rui, I'd say the best athletes are Melson and JWIII. Only saw Zach in the exhibition game, and maybe he's more athletic w/ a healthy leg. But my impression is that he's a super high level skill guy w/ incredible instincts and feel, and if he had Rui's athleticism he'd have been a top 15-20 player in his class, maybe top 10, and at Kentucky or Duke for 1 year. Athletically I'd compare him more to someone like Perkins, good enough but not spectacular.

JPtheBeasta
02-08-2017, 05:23 PM
Coach Lloyd says he "shoots the ball a little bit?"

cggonzaga
02-08-2017, 05:54 PM
After Rui, I'd say the best athletes are Melson and JWIII. Only saw Zach in the exhibition game, and maybe he's more athletic w/ a healthy leg. But my impression is that he's a super high level skill guy w/ incredible instincts and feel, and if he had Rui's athleticism he'd have been a top 15-20 player in his class, maybe top 10, and at Kentucky or Duke for 1 year. Athletically I'd compare him more to someone like Perkins, good enough but not spectacular.

Agreed Maynard. His athleticism doesn't wow but his game does.