PDA

View Full Version : 1510 KGA

Hogan
02-07-2017, 05:54 PM
I listen to this "northwest sports station" here in Spokane. I hear a lot of talk from Brock and Salk and the other Seattle radio guys about the Seahawks, pro football, and the Huskies. But so far I have not heard a peep about the college in this state that happens to be ranked number one in the nation for the second week in a row. I only listen to and from work so maybe I'm missing it. Anyone else hear anything about the Zags from our northwest sports station?

Mantua
02-07-2017, 06:06 PM
Brock and Salk is aired on SWX at 7am weekdays. Maybe they should get some fan mail from this side of the state?

tummydoc
02-07-2017, 09:02 PM
They mention the zags, but mainly as an example of how far the huskies have dropped and why Lorenzo should go.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk

Zagger
02-07-2017, 09:10 PM
To many on the west side Idaho begins around Ellensburg.

nonzagzag
02-07-2017, 09:31 PM
they do mention the zags fairly often - maybe every couple days - but usually just brief mention of how well they are doing - and yes, often contrasted with UW. Maybe now that football is over they will drop down to only 80% football and do a segment on the Zags. I think they actually made a trip to Spokane last year around this time.

DixieZag
02-07-2017, 10:08 PM
I can't speak to them more generally, but I know that a couple years ago when we were very highly ranked, the two of them came over here for a weekend, attended a game, stayed downtown and the next Monday they were exceedingly gracious about their trip, that they really were impressed by the whole scene, talked about how well they were treated, and even about how cool they found the downtown/GU area. All west-side pretentiousness disappeared, very nice.

zagmantis2001
02-08-2017, 10:17 AM
I listen to this "northwest sports station" here in Spokane. I hear a lot of talk from Brock and Salk and the other Seattle radio guys about the Seahawks, pro football, and the Huskies. But so far I have not heard a peep about the college in this state that happens to be ranked number one in the nation for the second week in a row. I only listen to and from work so maybe I'm missing it. Anyone else hear anything about the Zags from our northwest sports station?

They usually discuss GU on Patchin & Lukins on 700 ESPN here locally in Spokane. The show airs Monday through Friday from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. The also have Mark Few and coaching staff on--sometimes players.